Is MSFT going to do anything for those who missed out on 5536 ???

Old August 31st 06, 02:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Will Schuitman

Default Is MSFT going to do anything for those who missed out on 5536 ???

I have been trying to get 5536 downloaded ever since it was offered and have
had 4 failed attempts due to probs with their server and download manager

now to my surprise mid way through which finally looked like it would a
successfull download it gets closed down why ????

people that spend their valuable spare time bug testing their software which
they do for no payment at all should not be treated in this way !!!

if anyone from MSFT reads this PLEASE let us at least finished the downloads
we started

Old August 31st 06, 02:55 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Tom Ziegmann

Hello Kevin,

Most people don't have MSDN, TechNet or TechBeta access like you and I do.
Quit rubbing it in their faces, get some maturity and actually help people.

Tom Ziegmann
Microsoft Certified Professional
Windows Vista / Server Longhorn Technical Beta Tester
Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 Technical Beta Tester

Old August 31st 06, 02:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Tom Ziegmann

Hello Will,

The Pre-RC1 download was only open for 100,000 downloads and they reached..I
think surpassed that goal and they shutdown the download servers. RC1 will
be coming soon..so please be patient.

Tom Ziegmann
Microsoft Certified Professional
Windows Vista / Server Longhorn Technical Beta Tester
Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 Technical Beta Tester

I have been trying to get 5536 downloaded ever since it was offered
and have had 4 failed attempts due to probs with their server and
download manager

now to my surprise mid way through which finally looked like it would
a successfull download it gets closed down why ????

people that spend their valuable spare time bug testing their software
which they do for no payment at all should not be treated in this way
!!!

Old August 31st 06, 03:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Will;
To add a little to what Tom said...
I know some had problems but a great many had no problems at all.
That suggests something at your end.
It could be your ISP, unlikely but you could ask to verify.
Do you use another download manager?
Sometimes those cause similar issues.
Is your computer free of spyware viruses and other malware?
Disable any unnecessary programs during the download.

Check everything now so you can resolve any possible issues before RC-1
arrives.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

Old August 31st 06, 03:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Will Schuitman

I totally understand that however it is a bit harsh to just cut it off while
many people are still connected to the site and actually downloading.
surely there would be some way to let those people finish their downloads
while at the same time blocking new downloads to start all that would take
is the addition of a simple validation script to the site (for example a
script that checks the download path and the presence of the file header on
the client computer)

m...

Old August 31st 06, 03:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Will Schuitman

Their were isseus with the akamai download manager as far as I know I did
check everything and their were no other issues that could of caused a
problem I do know that protected mode in ie7 was the cause of some issues I
had with the browser download link
instead of working around that I installed free download manager and the
download went very well but was cut off before it completed

Old August 31st 06, 05:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
PimpTwzt

Well I had been downloading through the downloader since I noticed it came
out yesturday. I was downloading and having interruptions throughout the
night having to pause and resume all the way through today and tonight. I
finished my download at about 8pm PST. So clearly the link still worked. Im
guessing since I still had a connection through the downloader it still
allowed me to access the download. But now Im trying to install it and it
gets to expanding files an gives me a BSOD Stating "Memmory Managment" have
no idea what that means. Im guessing a corrupt download maybe.

Old August 31st 06, 10:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Beck

"Will Schuitman" wrote in message
I totally understand that however it is a bit harsh to just cut it off
while many people are still connected to the site and actually downloading.
surely there would be some way to let those people finish their downloads
while at the same time blocking new downloads to start all that would take
is the addition of a simple validation script to the site (for example a
script that checks the download path and the presence of the file header
on the client computer)

Yeah that does stink of poo a bit. Specially as many people will not have
been able to use it anyway due to lack of product keys.

Old August 31st 06, 10:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Beck

"PimpTwzt" wrote in message
Well I had been downloading through the downloader since I noticed it came
out yesturday. I was downloading and having interruptions throughout the
night having to pause and resume all the way through today and tonight. I
finished my download at about 8pm PST. So clearly the link still worked.
Im
guessing since I still had a connection through the downloader it still
allowed me to access the download. But now Im trying to install it and it
gets to expanding files an gives me a BSOD Stating "Memmory Managment"
have
no idea what that means. Im guessing a corrupt download maybe.

Many errors can be put down to burning the disc at too high a speed.
This may not be the case with yours, but it is worth burning the ISO again
but at a slow burn speed.