NEW NVIDIA DRIVERS.

Old March 3rd 07, 04:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Nonymous

Default NEW NVIDIA DRIVERS.

Conor wrote in
:

In article , Richard Urban
says...
Please note that this is a "beta" driver, and that you *may* get
undesirable results, or even break your system.

All nVidia Vista drivers have been BETA.

The previous version (100.65) is WHQL certified.
Old March 3rd 07, 05:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JW

Read the release notes in detail there is limited capabilitly in the new
relase for Overscan compensation if that is your objective.
"Arne-Kolja Bachstein" wrote in message
Installed it especially because there is announced in the changelog that
widescreen scaling should be fixed now. But unfortunately it doesn't seem
so here. Before this driver I could change options, but they didn't do
anything. Now with the new one I am not even able to change anything,
because it's grayed out. My lcd screen is recognized with it's correct
name, the native resolution too. But still the feature is just grayed out.
Dammit :-(

Arne
http://www.arnekolja.com

"Conor" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
.. .
Version 101.41 just released.

Important fixes a lot of people were getting:

# Brief corruption (flickering, boxes) on screen at Windows Vista
login, CTR-ALT-DEL (Task Manager), or other function that requires
Vista User Account Control
# Playback issues when playing TV/DVD/video in Media Center with Aero
enabled
# Outputting via TV-Out shows only a black and white display
# HDTV output does not keep HDTV resolution after restart
# Adjusting Video Color settings from the NVIDIA Control Panel are not
getting applied.
# Change Flat Panel Scaling page does not correctly work in the NVIDIA
Control Panel.
# Brightness, Contrast and Gamma values remain the same in Adjust
Desktop Color settings once closing and opening the NVIDIA Control
Panel.
# Corruption on DVI monitor while going to hibernation from standby

--
Conor

until you hear them speak.........

Old March 3rd 07, 06:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Roscoe

They could break your system just was easy as the Beta drivers. Not that
either would.
Urban is kinda stupid.

"Nonymous" wrote in message
Conor wrote in
:

Old March 3rd 07, 08:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Peter M

"Nonymous" wrote in message
In article , Richard Urban
says...
Please note that this is a "beta" driver, and that you *may* get
undesirable results, or even break your system.

All nVidia Vista drivers have been BETA.

The previous version (100.65) is WHQL certified.

Which means "nothing". Read the NV release notes it plainly states many 3d
functions are not working and that these are just "basic" drivers. So yes,
they are beta.

Old March 3rd 07, 08:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Arne-Kolja Bachstein

Ah, thx, I didn't notice the more complete changelog. And no, it's not what
I meant to do (overscan compensation), but the info I needed is written down
there too... Flat panel scaling not yet available :-/

Old March 3rd 07, 09:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Justin

Thanks for the heads up!

A funny note about these fixes. People blamed a couple of these problems on
Vista.

Gee, looky here, a driver update fixed them.

.. .

Old March 3rd 07, 09:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Hrshycro

they wont let me install them...it says i dont have vista installed! i do
have a 64-bit CPU...and the drivers r for 32-bit system!

"Arne-Kolja Bachstein" wrote:

Installed it especially because there is announced in the changelog that
widescreen scaling should be fixed now. But unfortunately it doesn't seem so
here. Before this driver I could change options, but they didn't do
anything. Now with the new one I am not even able to change anything,
because it's grayed out. My lcd screen is recognized with it's correct name,
the native resolution too. But still the feature is just grayed out. Dammit
:-(

Old March 3rd 07, 10:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Guest

Well one has a choice

Use XP drivers (though one has to upgrade XP to do this) and blue screen on
any Direct X call.
Use standard VGA driver and have most functions not work.
Use NVidia drivers and have a few problems but one's computer mostly works.

"Richard Urban" wrote in message
Please note that this is a "beta" driver, and that you *may* get
undesirable results, or even break your system.

If you are not prepared to redo your system, either from a saved image or
by doing a fresh install, beware of beta software - from anyone.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban MVP
Microsoft Windows Shell/User

"mikk" wrote in message
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_101.41.html

Old March 3rd 07, 11:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Kurt Herman

I had the same problems. Turns out the installer defaults to un-packing to
the NVidia folder on the C: drive. I have Vista on my L: partition. Pointed
the installer to that drive, and all went well.

Kurt