customize "Send To" Command

Old May 10th 07, 02:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
MIDDLECHAMBER

Default customize "Send To" Command

Instead of drag and drop method of moving/relocating files of folders, how do
you add a location to the "send to" command box. I did it before with
previous MS OS's, but it I can't figure it out with Vista. I'm sure it's
there, but it's escaping my feeble mind.
Old May 10th 07, 02:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
dean-dean

In the Start Search box of the Start Menu, type

shell:sendto

Click on the result, which should take you to C:\Users\(Your
Name)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo, if you haven't changed the
default location.

Old May 10th 07, 02:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
dean-dean

I should add, that to add a folder shortcut to the Send To context menu, put
a shortcut to that folder in the SendTo folder.

Old May 10th 07, 04:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
MIDDLECHAMBER

OK Thank you for the info. I don't remember typing in "shell:" before when I
added locations to "send to"
Thank you for your help.

Just upgraded to full version Ultimate from RC-1, and can't understand
APPL's comercials concerning UA control, or older hardware incompatability.
A white box: Asus PP-DLW 604 Xeons made in 2003 isn't that old in the
computer world? and it hums like a top.
Real problem is people buy packages that are severly limited from the get go
from Dell/HP/Lenovo etc.
This has a few more years anyways
Again Thanks!

Old May 11th 07, 06:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
dean-dean

Typing shell:sendto in the Start Search box is just a shell shortcut to your
user sendto folder, based on this key in the registry (it also works on XP,
using Run...):

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\User
Shell Folders

In the right pane of that key, any item under Name can be accessed using the
shellName) command. For example, shell:my music opens the Music folder,
or shell:cache opens the Temporary Internet Files. As far as adding to Send
To is concerned, it's basically just knowing where your the user sendto
folder is (the default location is C:\Users\(Your
Name)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo), so that you can add
shortcuts to it. When you have that folder open in Explorer, drag the icon
in the address bar to anywhere you like to make a shortcut, if you find it
hard to remember the path, or the shell command..

Your "old" computer sounds like it can handle the job, vis Ã* vis Vista.
You're probably right about packages being limited from the get go.