Movie Maker Problem

Old June 5th 07, 09:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
bb13

Default Movie Maker Problem

Movie Maker begins to count the minutes down in "Publish", and then starts
counting up. Last 10 minute job stopped at 173 minutes. Sometimes reboot
clears, but only after 5-6 times. How come?
Old June 5th 07, 10:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
PapaJohn

there's a number of possible reasons.... see my website's Problem Solving
Can't Save a Movie page

PapaJohn

Old June 8th 07, 02:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
bb13

Thanks PPJ. I looked at your site, and found a couple of things. I can do
pictures that result in a 50kb file with no trouble. I just tried a set of 5
small clips (10Mb total) and it climbed to 573 minutes. It won't do one
clip! The program worked fine for a few times, then started doing this. There
was never an error message. Just the timer climbing. This is what confuses
me. S'pose I'll look into the Nero stuff.

Old June 8th 07, 09:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
bb13

I looked for the hardware accelerator settings, but beats me where they are.
I tried to get more memory for this computer, but eMachines doesn't answer me
with price and availability. Thank you for your efforts.

"

Old June 8th 07, 10:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
Graham Hughes

If you have an nvidia card see this for accelerator settings
http://www.myvideoproblems.com/Tutor...celeration.htm

What file types are you using in your project?
http://www.myvideoproblems.com/Tutor...patibility.htm

--

Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

Old June 9th 07, 10:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
bb13

Thank you Graham - I use .wmv and mpg/mpeg, with some avi thrown in. I had
no trouble using Nero on my last computer, but it was W2000. The Vista
dislikes Nero stuff, the power2Go that came with the computer is supposed to
be a cure all, but it acts differently each time I use it.
I'll look for the vid card you spoke of.
Movie Maker worked for about 2 weeks, and I haven't added any programs that
I know of. As an experiment, I tried to do clips that worked the first time,
and found they choke it now. Something happened, and I think it would be
better to fix the original problem than to keep patching the current ones.
bb13

Old June 9th 07, 10:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
bb13

Tried your method. There is no adjustment for acceleration. It's an Intel
Graphics, if the window is to be believed. I've run thru the help screens
looking for any kind of accelerator function, but nothing comes up.