Finding vista_5600.16384.060829-2230_x86fre_client-lr1cfre_en_dvd.

Old September 21st 06, 03:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Jeff

Default Finding vista_5600.16384.060829-2230_x86fre_client-lr1cfre_en_

It may have; I merely provided a solution.
Virtual folders;and IE7 sandboxing is;imho;a pain in the ___
Jeff

"Steve Hillier" wrote in message
I thought my last post dealt with it.
First run command window and type on the command line dir *.iso /s
You will probably find your file listed in
C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Window s\Temporary Internet
Files\Virtualized\C\Users\username\Documents

Then as I described us windows explorer address bar and type in the full
path to your file and you should find it.
I have now got my iso file as has John who posted a similar problem.
Give it a whirl.
Steve

"EmoXide" wrote:

hey guys, still havent worked out a solution to my prob yet, im in the
process of moving and havent had much time but itching to get it fixed so
ill
be back onto in a day or 2. Thanks everyone for your help .

EmoXide

"EmoXide" wrote:

Hi guys, I just download the Vista RC1 file twice now and no matter
what i
try i cant seem to find the file in my folders, ive tried saving it in
several different places but still no luck. The download process i took
was
via the akamaintechnologies download manager. Any help would be great.

Old September 28th 06, 10:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
HughGWoody

I had the same problem, twice. I noticed that the temp directory was growing
in size. There were hidden directories apparently and I had no way to view
the hidden directory structure even when telling vista to display all system
and hidden files.

I logged into my SBS2003 Server and copied the whole temp directory
structure to the clientapps directory. I then could view the directories on
the server, retrieve the file and delete the structure from the clientapps
directory.

The problem, I think, happens because you do not have at least twice the
file size available on the drive you download to. I even got a warning from
akmai that the file would be downloaded to a temp directory. After
downloading I could access the file but vista could not find an app to handle
iso files and after I clicked OK to close the dialog box that is when I lost
access to the file.

If you don't have a server to copy to, I guess this solution is of limited
value. Perhaps you could copy to an XP machine? I did not try that.