Cannot print on vista with printer HP 5550

Old September 12th 07, 07:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Cédric

Default Cannot print on vista with printer HP 5550

Hello,

I installed my printer HP 5550 on a new laptop running Windows Vista, this
printer was working well on my old machine (Windows XP) but does not work
anymore on Vista!

The printer is correctly detected when plugged in the laptop USB port, Vista
installs the driver and says that everything is OK.

When I print a test page from the HP software it works fine, but when I want
to print from a classic application (wordpad, notepad, adobe reader...) it
does not work at all!
I see the job in the Windows spooler queue but after some seconds this job
disappears (I think I see furtively that the job is canceled, but I am not
sure because the message disappears quickly...)

I have a administrator account so I guess I could print without any problem...

I asked the question on the HP site, and they said that it is probably a
problem with the Vista driver...

Thanks beforehand for your help!
Cédric.
Old September 12th 07, 11:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
John Lee Brown[_2_]

"Cédric" wrote in message
[...]

Have you set the printer as default or tell the software to use that
printer.

Old September 12th 07, 11:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Cédric[_2_]

"John Lee Brown" wrote:

"Cédric" wrote in message
[...]

Yes the printer is the default one

Old September 13th 07, 02:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...=71896&lang=en

I love the way HP are blaming it on the driver that THEY WROTE and provided
to Microsoft.

Your printer, as you must have read on the HP website is not really
compatible with Vista, it will print, but that's about all.

--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

Old September 14th 07, 06:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Cédric[_2_]

"Cédric" wrote in message
[...]

They are explaining in the article that I could have problems with the
advanced printer options, but in my case the printer does not print at all! I
don't see printing as an advanced printer option :-)

Moreover, I know that the printer works because if I want to print a test
page via the HP software delivered with the printer, it works!
Old September 14th 07, 11:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

But that's internal to the printer.... nothing to do with the connection
from PC to printer.

Did you try something simple like...... changing the cable? Changing the
USB port?

Old September 15th 07, 02:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Doug

"Cédric" wrote in message

They are explaining in the article that I could have problems with the
advanced printer options, but in my case the printer does not print at
all! I
don't see printing as an advanced printer option :-)

Moreover, I know that the printer works because if I want to print a test
page via the HP software delivered with the printer, it works!

Cedric---I am running the same printer as you are with the same vista version and I can print text and coler prints with it. So it should work with yours.

Old September 26th 07, 01:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Cédric[_2_]

"Cédric" wrote in message

They are explaining in the article that I could have problems with the
advanced printer options, but in my case the printer does not print at
all! I
don't see printing as an advanced printer option :-)

Moreover, I know that the printer works because if I want to print a test
page via the HP software delivered with the printer, it works!

Cedric---I am running the same printer as you are with the same vista version and I can print text and coler prints with it. So it should work with yours.

OK, so I will try to change the cable and keep searching, the problem should
be around the printer.

Thanks for your help
Old July 30th 08, 05:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
williamgeorgemic

Of course!! there are no differences when it comes to drivers and
software as long as you have the operating system that the manfacture
supports such as windows xp/vista and of course you have to have the
port already installed on your laptop such as a usb port or serial port.
If you have the connection such as a usb and the operating system that
you printer supports than of course 100% you can use your printer on a
laptop all that matters like i said is 1) the operating system and 2)
the hardware port such as the usb port and all else is good to go.
williamgeorgemic

*Link removed by: 'Brink' (http://www.vistax64.com/members/brink.html)*

--
williamgeorgemic