resources

Old November 12th 06, 08:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Banjaxster

Default resources

I just build a new system for Vista
amd athalon 64x2 3800, 1 gig pc6400 ddr2 ram ,msi k9nu neo motherboard
seagate 120 gig hd & 160 seagate sata hd,ati x1300 video card.
I have vista rc2 installed .
first it won't see the sata 160 gig hd,it does the ata 120 hd
It runs very slow and the netcard,video card both say there are not enough
resources
to run so i cant get online.
I have installed the ati vista drivers
also there are other components that have the resources error
USB,PCI bridge
I sure hope the final ver is better,I really like what i have seen with vista.
any ideas on how to get vista to work better?

Old November 12th 06, 08:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Rick Rogers

Hi,

1) You need sata drivers from MSI.

2) If the network card is in the slot next to the video card, move it to one
further away.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

Old November 12th 06, 08:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Banjaxster

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the fast reply

The netcard is build in the motherboard and msi hasn't anywhere that i can
find any vista drivers for the MB i have,just the lastest xp drivers
Old November 12th 06, 09:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Rick Rogers

Hi,

Well, with that many conflicts, you are definitely going to need updated
drivers. The latest ones may not be the ones on the included CD. From MSI:
http://www.msi.com.tw/program/suppor...ist.php?part=1

Old November 12th 06, 10:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Nero

I never needed "drivers"for SATA drives when I installed Vista RC1, RC2, and
now RTM onto my SATA disk.

Old November 12th 06, 10:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Rick Rogers

Well, sometimes drivers get removed from beta builds as well as being added.
You stated that your current install (RC2) does not recognize the sata
drive, so the logical assumption is that it is lacking the proper driver for
it. If MSI is not providing any Vista drivers, then use the latest version
of XP drivers available from them. If these do not work, then open a support
incident with MSI and find out when and if they plan on supporting Vista.

Old November 12th 06, 10:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Peter M

Check "computer" in device maganger. It should say "acpi x86-based" (seems
to be a nforce4 thing). If it says "advanced configuration power
management" change it to "x86-based computer" if you can. That should fix
the resource problems.

Old November 13th 06, 02:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Banjaxster

I just looked where you said to look, it does says acpi x86-based.
You are right it is a resource problem, when I click on something there is a
long waiting time for something to happen, like real bad lag ....Its really
annoying
I have 2 seagate hard drives 1 sata and one ata,the sata controler is not
even listed in device manager.
I did try putting windows xp on this machine and everything showed up and
worked fine so it has to be a vista problem,just getting the drivers and this
resource thing figured out