Help Installing Pre-RC1

Old August 30th 06, 12:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
PhilMaznyk

Default Help Installing Pre-RC1

I've been struggling for a day now trying to get Pre-RC1 to install. When I
first boot from the DVD it will not see any of my non-raid drives. I have to
copy nVidia nForce drivers to my USB key and then if I choose to have Vista
look at that it will see nVidia Nforce Raid Class Controller.

If I choose to let is use this then it will see all 3 of my drives. Drive 0
has XP MCE2005, Drive 1 has all my back ups and Drive 2 is a freshly
formatted 'basic' active 80 GB drive, All 3 are non raid SATA drives. I allow
Vista to use Drive 2 all seems to get well and after about 30 minutes when
everything is near finished I just get a black screen for infinity.

If I reboot and choose Vista in the boot manager it just boots back to the
same problem. If I choose 'Safe Mode' it will boot and tell me Vista cannot
complete the installation in this mode and to reboot. I would dearly like to
get this up and running. Here are my system specs. Thank you in advance.

Phil Maznyk

DELL XPS600 nVidia Intel X16 chipet
D950 Processor
2048 MB 667 MHz Memory
2 WD 160GB SATA drives
1 Seagate 80GB SATA drive
Sound Blaster Audigy 2ZS
ATi Theater Pro TV Tuner
Dual nVidia GTX7800 Video cards
650W Power Supply
19 Ultra Sharp Display.
Old August 31st 06, 12:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
PhilMaznyk

I've resplved the problem. I had to remove my USB key when vista reboots for
the last time it seems it hung there for some reason. All is well again
except AVG anti-virus will not install. Crashes and reboots.

Phil.