Media Player 11 (11.0.6000.6344)

Old October 15th 07, 08:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
Ginny

Default Media Player 11 (11.0.6000.6344)

I updated my media player last week and now it wont play videos. Get a
message saying that some of my video files are missing and to reboot. Doesnt
help. When I try to download again, I get a message saying that I have
version 11.0.6000.6344 already installed and they cant fix or reinstall with
that on. Nothing I do seems to delete this file...not even in the registry.
Any help? thanks
Old October 19th 07, 02:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
zachd [MSFT]

What's the precise error message text that you get?

--
Speaking for myself only.

Old October 19th 07, 07:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
Ginny

It says that I am missing some video files and to reboot which does not help.
When I try to redownload, it tells me that I already have a better version
(11..6000.6344) and cannot fix or download over that. I have tried to
uninstall, but nothing works.

Old October 24th 07, 07:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
zachd [MSFT]

You cannot possibly install Windows Media Player 11 onto any normal Vista
system: please don't try, you're just banging your head against a wall
there.

What is the precise text of the specific error message that you get? Those
specifics are really key to helping you best. =D

--
Speaking for myself only.

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

What's the precise error message text that you get?

--
Speaking for myself only.
rights.

Old December 12th 07, 01:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
turbosoul

i jus got a vista premium and when i try watching movies in it through
internet sites or by pasting links in the URL of wmp then i get frames
of pictures while watching a movies..the sound is proper but the problem
is with the video image..it comes in form of one scen after the other..
i am not quite able to figure out the problem.. moreover i tried to
install another version and vsita does not allow me to uninstall,
install or repair it.!!some problem.. i don't undestand what i am
supposed to do..!! could somebody please help..!! thank you..

--
turbosoul
Old December 12th 07, 08:33 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
zachd [MSFT]

That implies to me that your video card driver or graphics adapter is not
functioning well. Does your vendor have a driver update available for the
video card?

--
Speaking for myself only.

Old December 12th 07, 11:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
turbosoul[_2_]

*Version:* 7.14.10.1244

*Release Date:* 2007/06/01
The above is my video driver information and i believe it is the latest
driver that my vendor lenovo has provided..coz on lenovo's website it
does not allow me to download the package. I did check it on my notebook
by clicking ctrl + alt + F12 to get the information on my driver, and
the driver installed in my notebook is the above mentioned.
I don't understand wat i am supposed to do..?? should i try and contact
my vendor lenovo itself. ?? or if u have some other suggestion could you
please notify me. thank you.

--
turbosoul
Old December 13th 07, 12:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
zachd [MSFT]

That driver is from nVidia, right? Doesn't nVidia's site have a 7.15
release?

--
Speaking for myself only.

Old December 13th 07, 07:33 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
turbosoul[_3_]

No it is not an nvidia driver. it is an Intel graphics card..!!

--
turbosoul
Old December 24th 07, 03:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
zachd [MSFT]

What's the full and complete name of this component? You only listed the
version number before, not the name, which is/was confusing. =)

Given the data provided, I would focus on trouble-shooting the video card /
video card driver if I were you.

--
Speaking for myself only.