Vista Mobile Sync, AKA Activesync

Old September 7th 06, 11:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Dave Packham

Default Vista Mobile Sync, AKA Activesync

I have installed various versions of the betas. ALL clean installs. ever
since pre-RC1 and RC1 i cannot get my WM2003se phone or WM2003se PDA to sync
with outlook. I am running Office 2007 Beta 2 and it has worked in the
past. anyone syncing with RC1?

Dave P

Old September 8th 06, 02:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Sven

Doubtful. Based on the beta groups info. 1) AS does not load on Vista 2) the
replacement Windows Mobile Device Center has not made an appearance since
Beta 2, i.e, it is still missing in RC1, and 3) WMDC only supports WM5 at
this time.

--
Sven
MVP - Mobile Devices

Old September 8th 06, 08:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Angel Massa

Same here. I don't understand how at RC1 stage Vista stills don't sync with
PocketPC devices.

My iPaq 4150 Windows Mobile 2003 is recognized and drivers installed. But
only appears on My Computer as Windows Mobile device and I can open and see
files on the PDA and memory card. Mobile Center doesn't open and I can't do
any sync.

Regards,
Angel.

Old September 10th 06, 12:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync,microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Sven

Well, yea. It's Beta. Vista and WMDC are two different groups that aren't
quite in sync. WMDC worked in Beta 2 and should be out shortly for RC1. No
guarantee that it will work with pre-WM5 devices. There is one that it will
be the time it ships for real.

What you see is actually appropriate. Vista does see the device as a real
thing, unlike XP. You never could browse any random device in XP/AS XP
didn't understand it at all, and AS at least had to be set up as a guest. In
Vista alone, you can now hook any PPC to it and browse it, without
installing anything. Not quite the USB drive functionality we wanted, but
close.

Once it is ready, WMDC will be retrieved from Windows Update if a Windows
Mobile device is attached and you want it to be retrieved, for normal sync
functions.

Really no reason to complain at this point, it's all Beta. If it's not there
at release though..............

--
Sven
MVP - Mobile Devices

Old September 11th 06, 01:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync,microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Chris Jordan

And, from other newsgroups, it looks as though changes to allow WMDC to sync
post RC-1 will be made available through the normal Windows Update route.
Therefore, these capabilities don't need to ship at the same time as RC-1,
but can be made available a week or 2 later.

Old September 12th 06, 03:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync,microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
ret4425

YOU ARE NOT ALONE. It was so much of a problem for me, I went back to XP.
Between Mobile Sync and Easy CD not working, not to mention OneCare, I will
wait for the actual real release...