Cant Run with 4gb, also cant install KB929777

Old January 7th 08, 10:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Colin Barnhorst[_2_]

Default Cant Run with 4gb, also cant install KB929777

Be very careful of boards with the nVidia chip sets. They are the ones that
have issues with the fourth dimm slot when running a 64-bit OS. Look at P35
and P38 based boards.

"caretaker" wrote in message

ato_zee;563599 Wrote:

But how much does Performance Monitor show as being used?
Most programs take a fixed amount, and when all programs,
plus the OS have what they need, any more is superfluous.
I've got 4GB Vista 64bit, and only rarely see more than
1GB being used, which indicates 2GB is about right,
for most users.
I only opted for 4GB because it was sealed pack Crucial
going cheap on eBay.
You don't get infinite speed with infinite memory. Speed
increases as you add memory, then it gets processor
and bus speed limited.

Nothing changes at Idle it still 39% but unless one does movie editing
one may as well just stick to 4 or 8gb of ram.
I'm going to upgrade to a quad, and see what benefits I get out off it.
Just trying to find a new Motherboard that can take the ram and the New
CPU.

--
caretaker

Old January 7th 08, 11:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JW

You will not get any real benefit from a quad unless you are running
applications that can truly run concurrently on more then one CPU. AFAIK
there are only a few video file type conversion programs that can do this in
addition of course to the Database query programs that can split a query
program into multiple segments and then combine the results when they are
done.

Old February 18th 08, 08:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
jpedrosa

I have a P35 based motherboard (Asus PK5), and I'm having the same
problem ... Cant run 4GB and cant apply KB929777 !!

--
jpedrosa
Old February 18th 08, 08:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Colin Barnhorst[_2_]

What ram are you using? If pc6400 try reducing the dram speed to 667. If
you are trying to apply a hotfix relating to this, please read the
instructions about removing 2GB of ram before attempting to apply the
hotfix.

Old August 29th 08, 09:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
papele88

i had a same problem, and i still have it. I was installing that update
for two days and i finaly did it, but gues what? it useless piese of
junk just isn't workig at all!

--
papele88

Old August 29th 08, 10:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious[_4_]

It is not surprising that KB929777 did not help since according to the KB
the fix is already included in SP1 and this can also be inferred by the
dates of the files described.
Since you have not included any of the past thread posts in your post I can
not offer any other assistance.
However, common programs with 4GB are that the dims are not matched pairs
or if using 4 dims that the voltage is two low to support them or that they
are running at too high a speed.
news