RC1 install success

Old October 9th 06, 03:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Ben Salisbury

Default RC1 install success

Got my DVD's in the mail and decided to do a Fresh install. (Only doing the
32 bit....one of these days I'll actually make the move to 64...but not
enough funds right now)

Total Time for setup: 38 minutes
Performance rating 3.3
System Specs
40 Gig Maxtor 5400RPM
Mach Speed VDB400 MoBo (Onboard Realtech LAN)
Athlon XP 2400 CPU
1 Gig Generic Ram (I think it was PNY) 333 MHz
BFG Nvidia 7600GS video card 512 Meg Ram (running 2 monitors)
Sony DVD/RW
Vortex2 PCI audio card (This does not work and likely never will....the
company(aureal) is out of business and none of the home grown generic
drivers worked...So unless MS decides to build in support...this card has
finally died) It's a little upsetting too to see such a good card finally
meet it's maker, this one has lasted me through 4 PC's....Guess everything
has it's time...Unless of course I move it over to one of my Nix boxes.

So far it has been running great, only 1 real oddity noticed, whenever I get
the popup when something needs admin rights to run, both monitors flicker.

-Ben