Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
unable to use windows mail by Sandra Lougee[_2_]
The host 'smtp.verizon.net' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject 'Problems with my account', Account: 'mail.verizon.net', Server: 'smtp.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D
November 20th 08 11:46 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
3 183
Vista by Laurie Wuis
Have new laptop with Vista.......IT'S GOING BACK. I will find a laptop that has XP !!!!!!
November 20th 08 11:47 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
3 324
Программа перевода на русский язык by МИХАИЛ В.
Доброе утро! При всём моём уважении к английскому но увы я его не на столько познал что бы свободно читать и общаться, Если есть программа перевода очень был бы рад С уважением Михаил
November 21st 08 01:33 AM
by МИХАИЛ В. Go to last post
0 211
Export email messages by Stig KulvedrЬsten
Is it possible to export email messages from Windows Mail to Microsoft Outlook 2003? I've got both programs installed. Using Windows Vista RTM Stig
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 21st 08 02:59 AM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
13 345
I can send or receive emails AGAIN by Judd
I have called my provider yesterday. It worked for a while today but started with the messages again. I have checked and double checked, and also went into trouble shooting. I really DO NOT like Vista so far. XP is better. I too have a new Vista laptop.!!!!! HELP! The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail server. For help...
November 21st 08 07:58 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 232
The famous Unable to choose recipients problem by bnmohan via WindowsKB.com
Hi! 8 Sep 2008 I had solved my problem of being unable to choose recipients long ago by deleting KB933928. Suddenly, I found the problem had resurfaced today. I was back at Windowskb, etc. I found one quiet post by Gary Vandermoulen, where he discreetly advised attempting to rename wab32.dll and wab32res.dll in Windows/system32. Tried that, and things were back to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 21st 08 08:05 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
15 417
trying to send and receive. by designergirl
I keep getting a window asking for my user ID and password. I fill this in and it keeps popping up again. I cancel the box and the error message below keeps happening. I have checked my server setup and email account, but I keep getting this message. HELP? Judd Account: 'pop.broadband.rogers.com', Server: 'pop.broadband.rogers.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Error logging...
November 21st 08 08:08 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
5 270
error message by T
I have tried to send emails and I keep getting this error message. How do I fix the problem....please explain in simple terms I am not very computer savvy.. The connection to the server has failed. Subject ' salon back wash', Account: 'POP.AOL.COM', Server: 'SMTP.AOL.COM', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
November 21st 08 08:12 AM
by Jim R[_3_] Go to last post
5 216
why is some of my email not going through. by becca67
I have checked everything. Some people I email are not getting the email I send them. Some are...why is that happening its reall driving me crazy.. thanks
November 21st 08 08:14 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 239
Windows Mail & office 2007 by Xangoman
I have windows mail all properly installed. Yet when attempting to send a message from a web site, I am able to format the letter, but can't find the send button. I have found that in order to do so I must be on Outlook Mail. this is contary to vista system and Microsoft in that one should be able to use windows mail in the same way as outlook mail. has anyone got any suggestions. Thank...
November 21st 08 08:18 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
5 237
Windows Mail Crashes Upon Opening Attachment by Cameron
I have run Windows Mail under Vista for 6 months without problems. Then when I tried to open PDF attachments to messages by clicking on their icons, Mail crashed. Now Word attachments have the same effect, although not always. I changed my security settings by unchecking "Do not allow attachments . . ." but that didn't help. In a crash the Mail window fades to white, then Mail restarts. ...
November 21st 08 08:20 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
9 210
multiple accounts in Windows Mail by dandsgreen
Hi, I have two computers set up as nearly the same as I can make them, running Vista home premium 32 bit and Windows Mail 6.0.6000.16386 I have several e-mail accounts with different ISPs, some accounts using the ISP as the "supplier" and others hosted by the ISP but having .co.uk extensions. On one machine, all the accounts are checked and receive all e-mails (as they should!) but on my laptop,...
November 21st 08 08:33 AM
by dandsgreen Go to last post
2 228
Unable to send photos by Mark in Ferndale
I can't send photos over 200kb through windows mail. I tried with web based yahoo and was succesful. I am able to send small photos, under 200kb, but anything larger than that I receive this messaage: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject '', Account:...
November 21st 08 10:16 AM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
7 193
I can't get windows mail to connect with any server by ddezwarte
I have a need for four different email and hate going through four serverces to get to it. Windows seemed the easiesf to set up but now I can't send or recieve ANY mail.
November 21st 08 01:50 PM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post
8 229
heoooo by No Name
November 21st 08 03:47 PM
by Alderisio Rag. Giancarlo Go to last post
1 263
November 21st 08 04:40 PM
by Llyasah Dupree Go to last post
2 194
Test by Roland KrДmer
November 21st 08 09:58 PM
by M.S. Go to last post
1 322
need help by Robyn W
Is this working?
November 21st 08 10:32 PM
by Hal Hostetler [MVP-P/I] Go to last post
1 184
Cannot recieve e-mails, but can send e-mails by harmony4
My e-mail has been sending and receiving just fine, for the last year - all of a sudden, it does not allow any e-mails to come thru and there is an error code. The error code is as follows: "The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'shawmail.ed.shawcable.net', Server: 'shawmail.ed.shawcable.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number:...
November 21st 08 10:40 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 139
Cant Recieve Mail by Football54
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. Account:...
November 21st 08 10:55 PM
by Hal Hostetler [MVP-P/I] Go to last post

From The