Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
messagesWindows Mail back to Outlook express by liz
So I'm getting really annoyed with Vista, and I'm thinking about going back down to XP..If I decide to do that, I do not want to lose my messages... When I go to file...Export messages...I choose outlook express/exchange format, well it says "Profile name" so i leave it outlook, and then it exports them, and says they were exported sueccesful.. the only problem is...Where are they!? I know...
November 20th 07 02:29 AM
by liz Go to last post
4 209
Email addresses by wildchild1162
Can anyone tell me how to stop a person's email address from showing on the email send bar, instead of just their name as some people do not want thier address to show and I have tried everything and can not stop it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. -- wildchild
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 20th 07 03:08 AM
by Patricia Go to last post
29 587
Cant see anything!!! by keezakire
I just got another laptop and when I open Windows Mail, I can see my messages in the lower pane, but when I double click them to make them bigger, they disappear and I get nothing. Then if I click on that, the window just turns black. It also does this when I try to open any window such as "Options" etc. I found that when I want to reply, I get a black window that opens, but if I drag it...
November 20th 07 03:22 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
5 311
IE 7 & by Airstream1
Looking for a solution to this problem. When I click on the "contact" hyperlink on a web page, instead of opening up a box to send an email, I get an error message saying "Could not perform this operation because the default mail client is not properly installed." I have verified that "Windows Mail" is the default email client. I am using Windows Vista Home Premium on a Dell XPS 410...
November 20th 07 06:20 AM
by zzopasbill Go to last post
3 323
recovering junk emails by peggy0027
Hi I deleted by mistake a message which was in the junk email folder by clicking "empty junk email" how can I recover it? Thanks
November 20th 07 11:35 AM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
1 216
more information by xzboxz
for application windows mail arabic subject thankyou
November 20th 07 12:32 PM
by No Name Go to last post
2 182
new messages in bold in any folder will not reset ? by littlepaws
new messages in bold in any folder will not reset ? if i send a message it does not seem to go until I restart windows mail. outbox (1) in bold still even when message has sent after windows mail restart. Also after sending an new mail the send /receive button does nothing when clicked.
November 20th 07 12:38 PM
by No Name Go to last post
4 191
What happens when you set up the account incorrectly by Ashleigh
i happened to fill out the imap and pop3. information incorrectly, how do you go back to fix it?
November 20th 07 12:41 PM
by No Name Go to last post
3 202
Filtering for Blank From and/or Blank Message Bodies by Chris
Is there a way to filter for blank "From" field or blank message bodies? Been getting many with this and I just want to delete them. My thanks in advance.
November 20th 07 01:35 PM
by Chris Go to last post
3 205
XP to Vista by spmontgomery
How do I import my desktop (XP Home) Outlook Express contacts into my laptop (Vista Home Premium) Windows Mail? Is it possible to synchronise the two? Shaun
November 20th 07 02:11 PM
by spmontgomery Go to last post
0 201
FILES by huguette.videbien
The list of the different files ( suppressed, sent, received,...) does no more appear on the left of the windows : what to do to recover it ? Thank you !
November 20th 07 03:05 PM
by brink[_1961_] Go to last post
1 310
Windows Mail Options by brenncox
does anyone know if there is still an option to save mail on server so that it can be retreived by more than one computer/mail software?
November 20th 07 03:16 PM
by No Name Go to last post
3 180
Deletion of emails kept on server by Oppie
I have been using the setting to keep messages on the server and to only delete them when they are deleted from the 'deleted items' folder (Properties-advanced settings tab). I use this since I must access messages from several locations. At present, I have a XP Pro (running outlook express 6) and the Vista home basic. Both mail clients are configured the same. Looks like the XP/OE6 machine...
November 20th 07 04:10 PM
by Oppie Go to last post
2 152
Read/Unread Marks are not consistent. by Don Pellegrino
I periodically observe that Windows Mail fails to maintain Read / Unread Marks consistently. In one scenario I opened and read and email from my Inbox. I then replied to the email and closed it. Back in the Inbox view the message is still marked as Unread despite my having clearly read and replied to it. In another scenario I open and read an email in one folder. I then copy the message...
November 20th 07 05:25 PM
by Don Pellegrino Go to last post
0 216
ARWH by Billy Holland
November 20th 07 06:09 PM
by No Name Go to last post
1 365
teste by eva mendes
teste
November 20th 07 07:11 PM
by Oppie Go to last post
2 331
e-mail problems by rgalan
I'm not able to send a e-mail it comes up with an error code: "host renate galan could not be found". Don't know what I need to do?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 20th 07 08:33 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
17 322
can't send email by grammiedee
I have been using windows mail for several months but now I can't send email I am using .....road runner...vista...norton.... This is the error: Account: 'pop-server.si.rr.com', Server: 'smtp-server.si.rr.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '553 5.0.0 ... Unbalanced ''', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 553, Error Number: 0x800CCC79 I set the authentication setting and it stll...
November 20th 07 08:41 PM
by No Name Go to last post
6 197
trouble with printer by Donna Grice
I tried to receive messages and my computer stated: The Host 'POP3' could not be found. Please verify that you hav e entered the server name correctly. Account 'POP3', server: 'POP3'. protocol: POP3 Port:110, Secure (SSL): no, socket error: 11001, Error number: 0X800cccod would you please advise me as to how I may correct this situation? Thank you Donna Grice
November 20th 07 08:48 PM
by Dave Go to last post
2 171
noticias by maria antonia