Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Backup Running out of Room by phil6666
Been doing a daily backup of my C: drive to a 20 gig partition on a second HD in the PC for about 3 weeks. Now I'm getting messages that this partition is running out of room. 1) Is there a way to automatically only save the last 5 or 6 backups? 2) VISTA help says to delete backups as labelled such as: "Backup Set 2007-05-13 163200"
June 2nd 07 09:03 PM
by phil6666 Go to last post
4 312
Unable to install software updates by Cheyenne
In Windows Vista Business Ed. 32-bit, there are 2 software solutions updates, SP 35297 and SP35417 for Hp Backup and Recovery Manager, versions 4.0.11 and 4.0.14, respectively. I cannot successfully install either SP. They both hang. One (35417) stops responding with the "This program is blocked due to compatibility issues" message. The other hangs with the message "Restore point management...
June 2nd 07 09:13 PM
by Cheyenne Go to last post
0 225
People are still searching for the "real vista" by Tiberius
Seems I hit the nail on the head once more when I kept asking the question: "Where is the REAL Vista that was promised to us with longhorn?".. it seems that these people are trying to find it..... Can you imagine? Vista is such a flop that people are willing to go back in time to find something better.. lol Vista could have been so much better.. it could have been a work of art...and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 2nd 07 09:28 PM
by Frank Go to last post
11 535
Transfering files? by SK
Hi Why is transferring files from an old computer to a new vista one not as easy as says? I am currently doing this but keep finding that I get a new desktop user I am force to have although It does not copy files there, plus it transfers file I did tell it to transfer. Is there any guidance on this on this procedure?
June 2nd 07 09:40 PM
by SK Go to last post
3 249
printer stopped working after Windows recent update by Mark
Strange thing happened. My HP 1020 printer stopped working after the recent Windows update. I have Vista Home Premium. Mark
June 2nd 07 09:58 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
5 275
Media Center Reciever Service by tnbonairediver
Keep getting Media Center Reciever Service is shutting down. Why? Then it takes me to DEP. How do I make it quit doing this.
June 2nd 07 10:07 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
3 241
Downloads by tjdolan
Just got a new CPU an Visa ultimate yesterday. I having trouble downloading anything. I keep getting an error windoe that reads: Internet Explore cannow download site name. Internet Explorer was not able to open this internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do??
June 2nd 07 10:16 PM
by mikeyhsd Go to last post
2 228
Windows Mail attachments by Jim
Is there a quick, one step way to open multi-forwarded e-mails using Vista's new Windows Mail? It's a small issue but I double-click and wait for the spinning wheel, and then do it again, and again, etc. !!! How do most people open attachments anyway??? Clicking on the paper clip or double clicking the message???????????
June 2nd 07 10:24 PM
by mikeyhsd Go to last post
1 216
Can't access Device Manage by RonBes
Vista has been running great for over a month until today when I tried to access Device Manager. I had access it many times in the past. However now I get a window open with the following: MMC cannot open the file C:\Windows\System32\devmgmt.msc This may be because the file does not exist, is not an MMC console, or was created by a later version of MMC. This may also be because you do not...
June 2nd 07 10:31 PM
by RonBes Go to last post
0 243
Holiday question by Chris
If I go on holiday from UK to USA and buy Vista there, will it work in UK? (I am asking because it costs half as much in USA.) -- Chris
June 2nd 07 10:43 PM
by Iuvenalis Go to last post
4 218
Business Version UAC and Program Access Issue by Jason
As brief as possible: We are using Vista Small Business and have an admin and standard user account. We need to always allow admin access, so this has to be set in properties - compatibility - run as admin, correct? Then it will always run this way in both the admin and standard account. Also in the standard account we want to restrict what programs the standard user could access. How can we...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 2nd 07 10:49 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
13 371
Over top install but No!! by 1jay1
I've screwed up everything on my new Vista and want to just go over the top install (like I could do in XP) but when I re-boot with the DVD, it doesn't do anything. Any ideas??
June 2nd 07 10:57 PM
by Dustin Harper Go to last post
3 203
System not able to create restore points by qu0ll
I just opened up System Restore for the first time on my Vista Ultimate x64 system only to find that NO restore points had ever been created. So I immediately tried to create a manual restore point only to get this error: The restore point could not be created for the following reason: The shadow copy provider had an unexpected error while trying to process the specified operation....
June 2nd 07 11:02 PM
by qu0ll Go to last post
2 193
Vista+Office 2007+Frontpage 2003=something doesn't like each other by Khatoic
I'm not sure if this is Vista problem, an Office 2007 or Office 2003 (Front Page) issue but. On a Vista Ultimate 32-bit desktop with Office 2007 installed - using Outlook 2007 as my mail client, when I install FrontPage 2003 as my web editor, it takes the Outlook 2007 icon out of the EMAIL slot on the Start menu. It's replaced by a white envelope, but it still says Microsoft Outlook. When...
June 2nd 07 11:28 PM
by Khatoic Go to last post
3 204
yahoo by Michelle
Why does vista not allow you to make conference calls through yahoo?
June 2nd 07 11:51 PM
by hithere Go to last post
3 289
Hide Vista partition(s) from Windows XP - Fix for System Restore Point Corruption! by Computer Guru
One of the most common questions I've seen asked here is if it's possible to hide the Windows Vista partition from Windows XP installations because of the bug where Windows XP will delete the system restore points for all Vista installs on that machine if it sees the drive . One solution is to use Bitlocker drive encryption which rarely works and another is to use 3rd party paid products...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 3rd 07 12:23 AM
by john Go to last post
17 403
administrator ID by Lumpjaw
Does Vista home premium have and admin account if so how do you access it, XP it was ctl+alt+del. Thanks
June 3rd 07 12:30 AM
by Malke Go to last post
1 198
Linux defragmenters..... :-) by Frank
I'm really glad linux distros don't fragment, at least they don't according to our resident linux loser trolls (you know the ones). However, just in case your linux distro should per chance, become fragmented, here are 4 1/2 pages worth of defragmenters to chose from and download to defrag with. :-) http://www.filewatcher.com/_/?pd=1&q=defrag%5B-_.%5D* (snort) Frank
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 3rd 07 12:37 AM
by DanS Go to last post
95 1,196
How to turn off all transition effects in XP by Hamish
In Windows XP there was a way to turn off all transition effects so when you maximised a window it appeared immediately without that annoying expand animation and when you rolled out a drop down list or menu it appeared immediately without the transition. I find those transitions really annoying. How can I turn them all off in Vista?
June 3rd 07 12:53 AM
by PaulB Go to last post
1 203
Windows Activation Error by Jenn
hi i can't get into my windows it says it needs activated then at the bottom of the black screen it says windows is not genuine waht do i do "Merzhin" wrote: Happy for you! -- Merzhin Brittany - France
June 3rd 07 01:13 AM
by Rock Go to last post

From The