Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
where do i send UI related suggestions? by Maciej Sołtysiak
Hi, I think I have read somewhere that I can send my UI suggestions to MSFT. See, Windows Mail is fine, but 2 drag bars are to thin to easily use them. They are acutally single lines. The one that divides mail folders and the right hand side of the screen, and the one that divides list of mail messages and the message itself. Too thin, grabing that with a mouse is tricky. Where Can I send this...
September 26th 06 03:21 PM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post
3 252
Uninstalling Norton Internet Security on Winodws Vista. by Jhon
When I installed Vista, Norton Internet Security 2007 was corrupted.I knew this would happen but I thought I could unistall it with Vista.This is a very annoying problem. Every Time I try to uninstall it It want me to sign into a account with a supervisor rank.I do not know how to set myself to supervisor (I think it has some thing to do with parental controls , dont realy know...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 26th 06 03:24 PM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post
10 389
No web folders by Michaeljwyo
I've actually been enjoying the improvements of Vista RC-1. However I just ran into a problem with Frontpage 2002. In both the "Open Web" and "Save As" dialog boxes in Frontpage, there is no "web folders" icon on the left side. So there is no way to open a web that's on a web server. You can only open webs that are stored locally or on the local "network". If you try to open a web with...
September 26th 06 03:35 PM
by Michaeljwyo Go to last post
0 236
SAPI Setup by ProNorJake
While trying to setup the microphone for SAPI I get an error "The wizard could not start". This is from the SAPI control panel "Speech Recognition Options". While search for a solution I saw some people comment that they thought disabling certain hardware devices might help. I tried many different combinations of enabling and disabling the input devices (and output, just in case) to no...
September 26th 06 03:37 PM
by ProNorJake Go to last post
0 288
Vista RC1 Activation Product Key Question by Keith
Today I download RC1 and obtained a product key with the Windows Live Log on and acount activation. When I installed Vista RC1 it did not prompt me for a product key and installed. This was a fresh install onto a computer. Now when I attempt to enter a product key Windows vista rejects it, it already has a all numbers product key and I can not activate the product. Anyone have any ideas on...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 26th 06 03:38 PM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post
13 450
No web folders by Michaeljwyo
Since I installed Vista RC-1, I can not open or save a web in Frontpage. In the "open web" and "save as" dialog boxes there used to be an icon on the left of the box labeled "Web folders" and you could go right in and open up the web via its web address (example: www.microsoft.com). Yet there is no icon now for web folders. If you try putting a web address in, you just get an error...
September 26th 06 03:45 PM
by Michaeljwyo Go to last post
0 286
Installing Windows apps over the network still broken with 5278 by Steve Maser
If the Windows application installer resides on a Mac OSX box (server or not). If UAC is on, there is an endless stream of authentication dialog boxes that will come up if you try to run an application installer over the network. This will kill distribution of Vista in my department (or we distribute it with UAC turned off -- which will be most likely at this point for
September 26th 06 04:04 PM
by Steve Maser Go to last post
2 223
How many floppy disk drives do you have? by Lang Murphy
On my Dell XPS Gen 2 desktop, Device Manager shows two floppy drives under "Floppy Disk Drives." Only problem? PC only has one floppy drive. I bugged it, but I'm wondering how many even use their floppy drives these days and, without looking, might never know that Vista thought they had two when they only had one... This bug has existed since, hmmmm..., well, whatever, it's been in every...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 26th 06 04:18 PM
by Lang Murphy Go to last post
14 430
Installed 5728 on Dell XPS Gen2 by Lang Murphy
Builds 5536 and 5600 would not install on my Dell XPS Gen 2. Setup would BSOD right after selecting the SATA driver. Tried multiple times on both builds to no avail. Just installed 5728 without issue. Lang
September 26th 06 04:21 PM
by Lang Murphy Go to last post
8 331
Volume Control Indicator XP vs Vista by James Welch
In XP MCE 2005 there was a volume control bar that came up when changing main volume that showed what the current volume status is in a green text, similar to any televison. Anyone that uses a XP MCE pc will know what I am talking about. Why did Vista take this feature out. It use to be on in earlier builds but went away. Within the Media Center app it shows the volume bar and wuts its...
September 26th 06 04:49 PM
by James Welch Go to last post
0 229
M2N32 SLI DELUXE WIFI LIMITED CONECTIVITY PROBLEM by LAURENT
I HAVE VISTA RC1 32BIT and my proble is that even though i connect to my us robotics adsl wifi router i get 'limited conectivity' problem, also can not access the wifi router admin page. windows xp works fine! PLEASE HELP!!
September 26th 06 05:04 PM
by LAURENT Go to last post
0 225
My Vista RC1 FAQ by Andre Da Costa [Extended64]
http://adacosta.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!E8E5CC039D51E3DB!9709.entry Accepting Feedback and suggestions. :) -- Andre Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 26th 06 06:05 PM
by LAURENT Go to last post
12 388
Rebooting is impossible by Kabouter
I'm using Windows Vista RC1 Build 5600 64-bit. And everything is running fine, except for one major issue. If I reboot, it won't go back into Windows. Either it'll keep rebooting or it'll hang at the loading bar. If I want to restart it again and get into Windows I have to repair my install using the DVD and use system restore as well. Anyone have any ideas what the problems may be?
September 26th 06 06:38 PM
by Clark Go to last post
1 229
product keys by Bob Weiner
I attempted to download the Vista RC1 and got an error: You have recieved the maximum number of Product Keys available for this program. I recevied/registered a pre-rc1 release of Vista. Am I to understand that this disqualifies me from testing the RC1? I realize I could circumvent the system by creating another hotmail account but that just seems too odd to me. Certainly, there is a...
September 26th 06 07:11 PM
by Mark D. VandenBerg Go to last post
1 244
Cute PDF monitor by killallspammers
Vista 5728 doesn't allow cute pdf monitor to install, it allow to install the software but not monitor, adobe pdf , doesn;t install either. Is any other pdf monitor that we can use with 5728?
September 26th 06 07:12 PM
by killallspammers Go to last post
0 239
vista rc1 help by sie
i have downloaded the iso for rc1 but when i go to the my documents where it has downloaded to the file is not there how can i find the file i am running on vista beta 2 some one help
September 26th 06 08:40 PM
by sie Go to last post
0 254
Vista and networking and ... by deebs
OK, I just received an email about XP (and Vista) and networking. And it is great!" It is fantastic but! not without consequences. The old (or should I say "olde worlde") model of a single computer per household and associated EULAs may need a rethink based on good practice principles? Plus, how does one ensure that calendar on cell 'phone, PDA/iPAQ, local network computers and logins...
September 26th 06 09:25 PM
by deebs Go to last post
0 218
Disc Activity by Colin Grant
Does anybody know what this incessant disc activity is? Its driving me nuts! I've seen posts about it but have not seen an answer. The activity is not all the time but I can't get through a session without it :-( Thanks Colin
September 26th 06 09:43 PM
by Roof Fiddler Go to last post
4 231
M2N32 SLI DELUXE WIFI LIMITED CONECTION PROBLEM by LAURENT
I HAVE INSTALLED VISTA RC1 32BIT and i get the limited conection problem. windows xp works fine! Part of the drivers where installed but the realtek 8187 program does not run on vista, just the drivers. i have tried many manual options, like dns, gateway, ip etc but cant even get to the admin page of the us robotics adsl router please help!
September 26th 06 09:45 PM
by Brent Go to last post
3 242
java problem by sunny_cs
is it possible to install java on windows vista... i use live streaming for shares and it uses java... Use the following settings in your Internet Browser (mandatory) 1. Sun JVM must be disabled : Go to Internet Browser. -- Tools -- Internet Options -- Advanced -- Java (Sun). (Change this setting only if aforesaid setting are found)
September 26th 06 10:58 PM
by Telstar Go to last post

From The