Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
I want to make vista faster... by @ Windows7 M1
I have tried some tweaks and adjustments that I found via google.. any other ideas? Vista doesnt want to use my USB 2.0 flashdrive I have 1.25 gigs of ram if I up to 2, will I see any SIGNIFICANT improvment?
January 25th 08 08:44 PM
by Brink Go to last post
3 246
why is Vista Playing with My priorities???? by @ Windows7 M1
vista seems to decrease priorities on its own just because.. it likes to! For example its reduced priority to live messenger and windows explorer.. how can I make Vista to not do this by its own?
January 25th 08 08:36 PM
by @ Windows7 M1 Go to last post
0 299
Bruner for Vista by Richard
Does anyone know where I can get the software to burn CD and DVD's for my Vista OS?
January 25th 08 08:09 PM
by Synapse Syndrome Go to last post
2 350
Anytime Upgrade from Vista Home Premium to Vista Ultimate by Debbie Rollins
Hi all. I have a new HP laptop that came pre-installed with Windows Vista Home Premium. I'd like to upgrade to Vista Ultimate, so I paid my $159.00 to Microsoft and downloaded the license file for the "Anytime Upgrade". I've done as the upgrade installation suggests and run the installation from my existing Vista Ultimate DVD (which has been used to install Vista on my desktop machine) -...
January 25th 08 08:07 PM
by Tim Slattery Go to last post
6 396
Folders: If It Ain't Broke, DON'T FIX IT!! by mavigozler
When viewing folders in XP, I could set up the folder parameters I liked to view (Name, Type, Size, Date Modified) and then tell the system I want to see that with ALL the folders. Now with Vista, you have the INANITY of folders types to struggle with, and when I insist that ALL folders be changed to show these, it is now "folders of this type." Why would Microsoft continue to f--k with an...
January 25th 08 08:05 PM
by Brink Go to last post
2 292
Skype by Roberto[_2_]
I intend to use Skype for intercontinental telephone calls to my relatives and friends Questions: 1- Is Skype Vista compatible, as I do not find anything on their website about this. 2- What is a good quality webcamera. I have tried a Logitech QuickCam Fusion, which according to the info on the box is Vista certified, but after installing the software and connecting the camera, a message...
January 25th 08 07:34 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
8 385
SP1 RC Refresh 2 by gizbug[_46_]
Uninstalled the old SP1 RC refresh. Ran the SP1_rcr2RK file, and found Install Update for Windows (KB937287). Installed that, been about 50 min now, haven't seen any other updates or the SP yet. Any ideas? Only update that I've found and installed was KB937287. Any ideas?
January 25th 08 07:01 PM
by Brink Go to last post
5 217
Blurry fonts when changing DPI scale with LCD screen by @ Windows7 M1
on Vista there are 2 settings 96, and 120 (I believe) for DPI, but when I tried to enter my own custome dpi scaling , (108) (note I turn off the XP scaling style box) the text seems blurry on my LCD screen... why? Of course I am using the LCD at its normal resolution that is 1680x1050 thanks
January 25th 08 06:17 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 239
Vista first year Security Better than Linux Says Report. by Moshe Goldfarb
http://digg.com/security/Windows_Vista_s_one_year_security_report_will_surprise_you http://blogs.technet.com/security/archive/2008/01/23/download-windows-vista-one-year-vulnerability-report.aspx http://tinyurl.com/ypj4p9 Notice Schestowitz going into damage control and, as usual, referring to his own site as "proof". Gotta keep those benefactors happy now, right Roy.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 25th 08 06:10 PM
by Tito Benito Go to last post
28 718
Uninstall Windows features by Daniel
Hi I have Vista Ultimate. I need to get some hard drive space back, can I uninstall the bits of Windows I don't use, such as Games? Also I have .net 3.0 can I uninstall .Net 1.1 amd the 1.1 update? thanks
January 25th 08 05:50 PM
by Daniel Go to last post
0 183
Uninstall Windows features by PA Bear [MS MVP]
Forwarded to Vista General via crosspost. Vista-specific newsgroups include: microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management microsoft.public.windows.vista.games microsoft.public.windows.vista.general microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_assessment microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
January 25th 08 05:46 PM
by PA Bear [MS MVP] Go to last post
0 167
Language: need to change from german to english! by P
Basically my girlfriend is german, and has a german laptop and vista is installed in german. I dont know German and she doesnt know computers (and i cant wait for her to read every word on every menu in the hope that she finds what we need), so i need help to change the language of vista, all menus and as much as possible, to ENGLISH! i have seen language packs on here, but they seem to be...
January 25th 08 04:55 PM
by @ Windows7 M1 Go to last post
9 231
some sounds play even though volume is on mute by @ Windows7 M1
some sounds that are like MOD, (similar to midi) play very loud while everything is on mute... why and how can I fix it?
January 25th 08 04:41 PM
by @ Windows7 M1 Go to last post
0 208
Networking with iMac by btgavin
Has anyone heard of problems trying to connect to an iMac for file sharing, from a PC running Vista? When running Vista, I can connect to all devices on my network except the iMac, which is running OSX. I can connect to all devices, including the iMac, from another PC that is running Windows XP. I can also connect to the iMac from the Vista machine using PuTTy with SASH. When I try to...
January 25th 08 04:32 PM
by Malke Go to last post
3 227
Toolbar locked by Stef
I always create personalized toolbars, and I did the same in Vista. I created a toolbar and I tried to move it on top of the screen but it does not work! The taskbar is NOT locked, but the toolbar does not move. Is there any bug? Any solution? Thanks.
January 25th 08 04:31 PM
by Keith Miller \(MVP\) Go to last post
4 214
Migrating from a Windows Me PC to a Vista PC by Pravda
Hello All, I am finally replacing my old, antiquated Windows Me PC with a new, top of the line Windows Vista PC. I want to bring over all my Internet Explorer favorites and Outlook Express emails which number in the hundreds and are both meticulously organized in folders. Obviously, I would like to prevent having to manually re-do all this on a new PC. If it matters, I am currently using...
January 25th 08 04:28 PM
by Edward[_3_] Go to last post
2 204
When is someone going to make a vista driver for the Canon Multipass C75 (or C755 in the U.S.)? by Victor
I'm not going to throw it away. Can't someone do something about this? -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com
January 25th 08 04:11 PM
by Bill Yanaire[_2_] Go to last post
5 258
Sharing Folders by Bill Martin
In XP I could right click on a folder, select "Share" and follow my nose through the panels to allow the folder to be shared over the network. Doing the same thing under Vista seems to allow me to specify other accounts on the machine to share the folder with, but how do I share it across the network? If I follow the sharing prompts, and enter the name of my other computer on the network,...
January 25th 08 03:38 PM
by Bill Martin Go to last post
6 237
3d flip, conrol panel, DVD maker issues by Poonie Killa
About 90% of the time i start my computer, i notice the 3d flip, conrol panel(opens and closes right away) and DVD maker doesn't work. But when one of them works, they all work. I've heard some people having the same issue but i haven't got a solution. I was wondering if there is a hotfix or something similar that address this issue.
January 25th 08 03:25 PM
by Poonie Killa Go to last post
0 279
Problem with Vista's "sleep" function or me? by koch
Mark Conrad's post asking how to hack Vista to hibernate reminded me of a situation I encountered several months ago. Here's the gist of it: I put my laptop to sleep, packed it up into my backpack within a booq sleeve, and approximately 30 minutes later took it out of the backpack to use again. The problem was that my laptop had overheated during this relatively short period of time, and became...
January 25th 08 03:13 PM
by Synapse Syndrome Go to last post

From The