Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Activation problem on re-install of Vista by xiowan
Hello all: I just finished re-installing my full retail version of Vista Home Premium on a different machine and expected activation to fail with a new motherboard and hard drive. But, when I clicked for it to activate expecting to have to phone in for approval since it was on a different machine, it activated automatically. I think this may be related to installing SP1 from a...
June 4th 08 04:06 AM
by xiowan Go to last post
4 378
who is mr drunken pig...? by Clear Windows
You are stupid frank.. don't try to persuade us of anything else.. because in each attempt you just seem even more stupid. "Frank" wrote in message ... By PowerUser: "Licentious. Obnoxious. Anti-democratic. In case you can't tell, I'm making a direct reference to Mr. Adam Albright. Before I launch into my
June 4th 08 03:47 AM
by Clear Windows Go to last post
0 461
What Anti Spyware? by Denise[_4_]
Hi, can someone please advise of a good free anti spyware program that runs well with Vista Home Premium. I downloaded the bought version 8.0 and began having problems with the computer lagging, and generally slow all over, not thinking it was AVG, I checked every other possible issue that I thought may be causing it. Eventually it lead to AVG, as things had been good prior to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 4th 08 03:14 AM
by Brink Go to last post
14 548
raw socket by ronnie
This may be a strange question. Does vista, any version have raw socket support?I have no idea what it is. But need it to run a packet monitor. Granted the one may not be vista compatible. Or vista doesn't have it. The program is packetmon from analogx.
June 4th 08 02:53 AM
by Charlie Tame Go to last post
1 254
Getting Desperate by measekite
I think everyone is getting to King of Mista. He is going totally biserk. In the past couple of hours there have been numerous posts but in reality he just cut and pasted two long diabribes of his with a buch of titles and then in a couple of others he sounds like his feathers are so ruffled he must be red in the face. Between Canuck, Adam, Alias, Ray, Clear Window and a couple of others...
June 4th 08 12:40 AM
by Not Me[_2_] Go to last post
2 258
Windows Media center by M[_3_]
I have Vista Home Premium and Norton try version in a new Computer Starting yesterday, I run a program and the "Windows media center" show up, Then I found no matter which executive program I try to launch, all exe files only cause "Windows media center" show up, no program work. Why?
June 4th 08 12:37 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 266
Windows vista freezes on boot up. by Robtim1979
My windows vista freezes on boot up. I have tried deleting everything and starting all over but that dosen't seem to be working. Dose anyone have any suggestions? Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums
June 4th 08 12:23 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 251
uninstalling fonts by Karen
I have tried repeatedly to delete fonts but, they won't delte...the window comes up asking permission and I say yes and nothing happens...help
June 4th 08 12:00 AM
by Charles W Davis Go to last post
2 225
Another bug - Show desktop by JethroUK©
After a "show desktop" (minimising all windows) Click one window on the task bar (to resume it) - and instead all windows resume (not just one) - awkward when you're trying to minimise the amount of activity on the desktop
June 3rd 08 11:43 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
5 276
Problem with File Searches by meerkat
Seen this problem in previous posts but none of the fixes that work for some are working for me...such as indexing, file types, checking to search file contents. Have no problem with XP but Vista is useless. When I need to search folder contents for words, the only results I get are from .pdf files or words in a title. My .rtf and .wps files are indexed. I read the SP1 download was supposed...
June 3rd 08 11:35 PM
by meerkat Go to last post
2 309
SP1 by fred
This morning I installed sp1 on my vista premium.On my c drive it showed 63.8 GB used. After I installed sp1 I now have 26.1 gb used.Is there any explanation for all the extra space? Fred
June 3rd 08 11:17 PM
by Nonny Go to last post
2 333
An error has occurred. Not all of the features were successfully changed. by Joe[_15_]
I am trying to use the "Turn Windows features on or off" funtion in Windows Vista Ultimate, and I keep getting the error "An error has occurred. Not all of the features were successfully changed." at the end. Does anyone know why? It doesn't matter what I try to do, add a feature or remove a feature, at the end it doens't work and I get the message "An error has occurred. Not all of the...
June 3rd 08 11:13 PM
by Joe[_15_] Go to last post
0 265
Dreamscene + Dual Screens by ScottyDoo
I have Windows Vista Ultimate x64. I'm very pleased with it and have just updated to SP1. One of the best features which i wasn't expecting when i got Vista were the dreamscenes and they were amazing, especially coming from XP machines for a few years. The thing is I also have dualscreens and when you have dreamscene turned on it's the same video playing at the same time on both screens. Not...
June 3rd 08 11:11 PM
by Frenchy Go to last post
1 279
White screen by Hvassi
Hello all. I'm new here, all the way from Iceland so my english is maybe not so good. I've had a problem with my computer but it's showing white screen. I maybe turn it on and a few minutes later it's completely white. Sometimes it showes first stripes, black and white. I've googled it but not found much so I went here to ask. For about 2 months ago I had problem with BSOD but...
June 3rd 08 11:07 PM
by Hvassi[_4_] Go to last post
7 346
Seeking software that can ............. by b11_
Seeking software that can freeze computer time.
June 3rd 08 11:05 PM
by Richard in AZ Go to last post
3 308
How to get out of Hibernating mode? by Theresa
I'm currently working with Windows Vista and some how my laptop went into hibernating mode. I've tried everything to get out of it and nothing seems to work. The blue rotating circle is still rotating, which is probably a good sign. Please I need your HELP:(
June 3rd 08 10:39 PM
by Theresa Go to last post
5 291
Windows gets stuck on "Windows is resuming..." coming back from sl by caya77
shutting down computer doesn't even work for me. I turn on lap top and it just continues to do the same thing. Can someone give any advice :( -- caya77
June 3rd 08 09:55 PM
by Nonny Go to last post
2 251
Internet and network connection by Camey Blake
I've just recently encountered a problem connecting to the internet with my notebook and when I check to see what was wrong my computer says I'm not connected to any networks. So when I try to connect my computer doesn't show my wireless network it says a cable is not plugged into the network adapter 'local area connection". However everything is plugged in and my mom's notebook has no...
June 3rd 08 09:42 PM
by Camey Blake[_2_] Go to last post
6 330
Critical error loop by gah
Toshiba Satellite x205-SLi6 Vista Ultimate 32 bit Protector Suite QL Error message: Fingerprint Software Win 32: wtsrsn err 14 When rebooting (not restarting) after installing MSN Premium ISP software, Windows encounters a critical error and goes into a loop restarting automatically. After many attempts to resolve this issue, one call to Toshiba support and two calls to MSN support, I...
June 3rd 08 09:33 PM
by gah Go to last post
3 310
Initial Window size of msinfo32 by IanB[_2_]
When I open the MS System Information app that comes with Vista it starts up with a very large initial view - almost the entire extent of my 1680x1050 screen. All the other MS system apps remember and restore the view size when the app is closed and restarted - but, on my system, msinfo32 doesn't, always restarting at this large size. Can anyone tell me if there is an easy way to force the app...
June 3rd 08 08:50 PM
by IanB[_2_] Go to last post

From The