Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Intel G965 Aero Class by Ismail
Windows Vista Build 5728, 5600 mainboard DG965OTMKR. memory 2x512 DDR2 Kingmax Core 2 Duo 6300. Last driver for Graphics Media Accelerator X3000 intel_gma_win2k_xp1424 Monitor 1024х768 60Гц 32bit DirectX9c Test WindowsVistaUpgradeAdvisor passed. Aero Class not available!?
September 27th 06 07:24 AM
by Jane C Go to last post
1 292
menushowdelay (regedit) by PowerUser
I want to set it to 0. So many keys come up in regedit! All need to be set to 0?
September 27th 06 07:14 AM
by PowerUser Go to last post
0 248
intel G965 & Aero Class by Ismail
Windows Vista Build 5728, 5600 mainboard DG965OTMKR. memory 2x512 DDR2 Kingmax Core 2 Duo 6300. Last driver for Graphics Media Accelerator X3000 intel_gma_win2k_xp1424 Monitor 1024х768 60Гц 32bit DirectX9c Test WindowsVistaUpgradeAdvisor passed. Aero Class not available!?
September 27th 06 07:06 AM
by Ismail Go to last post
0 277
Vista RC-1: Cannot find file after download in Vista Beta 2 OS by Windows Vista Beta Tester (Michael G.)
Hey guys!! I just patiently waited for RC1 to download using my laptop that I have Vista Beta 2 build 5384 on. I used the download manager and it went all the way to "FINISHED" after that I could not find the file what-so-ever! i restarted a few times and NADA! I went back to try and re-download and it wouldn't allow me, stating that I had already downloaded and the product key was good for...
September 27th 06 06:51 AM
by Starwo1f Go to last post
2 344
SnagIt 8 by Tekguru (Daron Brewood)
Installs fin and works once or twice and then after that each time one tries to save an image you get an invalid variable error and the image can not be saved. -- Tekguru (Daron Brewood) MS-MVP/Mobile Devices Webmaster: UKs largest Pocket PC Site http://www.4WinMobile.com
September 27th 06 06:08 AM
by Tekguru (Daron Brewood) Go to last post
2 268
Another public build before RTM? by Brian Wescombe
Is there likely to be another build released to CPP before the RTM hits? Or is 5728 the last one we'll see until it's available to buy? Thanks!
September 27th 06 06:01 AM
by Some guy in Kirkland Go to last post
6 238
5728 Blue Screen - what were the odds? by PNutts
I installed RC1 5600 fresh (not an upgrade) onto a 150GB SATA drive. After Vista was installed and working with no issues, I installed the SATA raid drivers for XP and could then see my RAID 0 drives. The RAID 1 drives were never recognized as RAID and appeared separately. I then installed Trend Micro PC-cillin 14.56. Other than some gadgets, those are the only non-Vista changes made and the...
September 27th 06 04:39 AM
by Clark Go to last post
8 250
Avast Upgrade by BChat
September 27th 06 04:36 AM
by Will Schuitman Go to last post
1 247
Can't see "boot manager" on my monitor by Buzbee
I have a Gateway DL31-1 monitor. It can only do 800x600 at 60HZ and 640x480 up to 75HZ. On vista boot-up I cannot see the Boot manager with the OS choices on RC1 5600 (scrambled video). I assume it uses a higher refresh rate than my monitor can handle or possibly a higher resolution. I can see the green bars after boot manager exits and the rest of the boot process though (possibly changing...
September 27th 06 03:10 AM
by Buzbee Go to last post
0 206
Very serious issue with build 5728 by Will Schuitman
I have vista RC1 build 5728 running on a test machine as the primary OS it's running very well However I'm trying to install windows 2000 pro on a seperate partition in a dual boot configuration and Vista will not let me do it I've tried the installation from within Vista and it tells me I'm trying to install an older OS and goes on to disable setup functionality. And when I try to boot from...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 27th 06 03:07 AM
by Rock Go to last post
14 371
Windows Live OneCare? by Leon Cutler
Just in case this hasn't been mentioned, Release canidate 1 asks you if you would like to sign up for windows live onecare beta 1.5, and that will be available for vista. ~Leon
September 27th 06 03:04 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
3 238
music and video folders not able to open after upgrading to Vista by jmoney618
I recently upgraded to Vista RC1 from XP Home. I had two separate files for my media files (1 for music-mp3, wav, etc; and 1 for video-mpeg, wmv, etc), but after upgrading to Vista RC1 I can't open these folders. When I try to open them I get a warning that tells me that I don't have permission to open these folders. I only have one profile on my PC and I went to the security tab and take...
September 27th 06 02:58 AM
by Rock Go to last post
3 284
Dual Boot ? by BChat
I have Vista 5728 on drive 1 - I have XP Home on drive 0 - use VistaBootPro to dual boot. This is my 1st experience at this. My stupid questions of the day are - while I am booted to Vista, as I am now, do the programs in XP continue operate as if I was booted to XP? EX: Does AVG Free continue to do scheduled scans and updates? OR: Do I have to be booted to a drive to have that drive's programs...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 27th 06 02:40 AM
by Rock Go to last post
13 429
windows vista mail for xp by Andrew
I like the new email program in vista, its windows mail.Is there anyway i can get this for windows xp as i like the calader part of it. Cheers
September 27th 06 02:31 AM
by Rock Go to last post
3 259
NET START STOP Service Command Line by Dr. Network
I'm trying to run NET START and NET STOP commands from the command line. However, I'm getting "System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied." Yet, I can go into the SERVICES GUI and start and stop the same service. It appears this has something to do with the USER ACCOUNT CONTROL. When I turn if off, I can use the NET START/STOP commands normally.
September 27th 06 02:17 AM
by Rock Go to last post
3 227
Vista RC1 & Microsoft Office 2007 Pro Plus by BetaTester
Hi There I have installed Windows Vista RC1 Ultimate Edition recently, and I have backed up all of my needed documents onto a DVD+RW and when I try to install Office '07 Pro Plus, it says it can't continue. I'm guessing that this is because it isn't designed for Windows Vista. Please help. P.S. Sorry if this is already posted and answered. I have skipped through the other posts and found...
September 27th 06 02:15 AM
by BetaTester Go to last post
0 238
Solution for winload.exe reboot problem by Robert Laviolette
I've tryed to install WinVista on drive D and the errors occur, then I've backed up my drive C and format all drives, C and D, and the installation of Windows Vista works perfectly. Maybe the error is on specification in the boot sequence. I hope it will help you... Sorry for my english Robert
September 27th 06 02:08 AM
by Robert Laviolette Go to last post
0 233
vista rc1 help by sie
i am running on vista beta 2 and i want to install rc1 when i download the iso for rc1 i can not find the file does eny one have eny suggestions i no how to put it on a dvd disk. i put it to download to my documents and when i go in to there it isent there
September 27th 06 02:06 AM
by Spirefm Go to last post
1 261
Mysterious Partition? by RScotti
Hi, I am about to put RC-1 on my HD as soon as I get the DVD. I am going to make a dual boot OS of RC-1 from Win XP. I noticed that I now have three primary partitions Windows XP. My HP Recovery and an Unallocated partition with 7.8 MB which is empty. I sent HP several messages to find out why it is there and if I have to leave it that way but they will not respond other that saying I need to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 27th 06 01:59 AM
by RScotti Go to last post
23 514
John Walkenbach on Genuine Advantage For Office by MICHAEL
http://j-walkblog.com/index.php?/weblog/posts/genuine_advantage_for_office/ Office 2007 has many great new features. And one that really sucks: Microsoft Office Genuine Advantage. If you're looking for a good reason to justify not upgrading, this could be it. I'm using Excel 2007 Beta2TR, and I want to use a template that's available at Microsoft's site. The templates are easy to access using...
September 27th 06 01:46 AM
by Rock Go to last post

From The