Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Can't access Pop email account - Vista RC1 & Outlook 2007 by mpatten
I'm running Vista RC1 and Outlook 2007 (beta 2) and minus a few driver issues, everything seems to run just fine. However, I can't get Outlook 2007 to connect my company's Pop email server. It times out with 0x8004210B error. I've double checked all the setting and they look right. I even deleted and recreated the account in Outlook, with no luck. I can access via webmail, so there is no...
September 11th 06 03:40 PM
by mpatten Go to last post
0 268
Problems with Dual Boot in RC1 by dandrewk
I have been running an XP/Vista dual boot for sometime, and today I installed the latest RC1 release. Install went ok, but when I rebooted it went straight to Vista - no bootup choices for XP. I have two physical drives - Drive 0 has two partitions for XP and Vista. Drive 1 is just for data. Prior to the RC1 update when booting to Vista, it correctly assigned letter C for the main drive, D...
September 11th 06 04:17 PM
by dandrewk Go to last post
5 268
Network Connectivity Issues by Tom Ziegmann
Hello All, If you are having trouble accessing the internet please try these suggestions. 1. Open an elevated command prompt and type "netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled" w/out quotes If you have a Marvell Yukon Adapter please try this.
September 11th 06 04:38 PM
by Greg Milligan Go to last post
4 277
HP Pavilion dv5135nr can't upgrade to RC1 by Randy H
Running XP MCE on my notebook. I am trying to upgrade to RC1, but setup barks about HP Security Tools and quits. I can't find HP Security Tools anywhere on the machine!!! Not in Add/Remove Programs, Not in the Programs Menu, not in the registry. How am I supposed to remove a program that I can't find and doesn't seem to be installed on my machine???!!!
September 11th 06 05:18 PM
by Randy H Go to last post
0 229
RC 1 Key by Mediaparty
I lost my key for Beta 2. How can I get a key fro use with RC1?
September 11th 06 05:30 PM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post
1 344
md5 and sha1 by sims
how do i verify the md5 and sha1 hashes for the vista iso's
September 11th 06 05:36 PM
by Mark Gillespie Go to last post
5 351
MSFT Connect Officially Rejects Public Access to Bugs by Chad Harris
"CLOSED WON'T FIX" 9/16/06 All of these cheerleaders for MSFT who say they care what the public files as to bugs should know they totally reject the idea of giving you any meaningful access to the bugs filed on Connect. On 6/5/06, I used Connect's feedback program (which I suppose is available to anyone) to suggest that they open bugs to the public as well as their Beta Chats and their Live...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 11th 06 05:39 PM
by Paula Go to last post
33 590
Aero Basic versus Classic mode by Beck
I just stepped down from Aero Basic to classic mode to see how it all looked in Vista. You know its amazing how quickly you get used to new interfaces - I made it looked like classic XP menus and now I cannot find anything!!
September 11th 06 05:51 PM
by Marc Nutty Go to last post
1 277
Product Key Retrieval by JayB
I apologize for contributing another post to the large collection of those asking for keys, about the e-mails, or what have you. I had signed up and downloaded Beta 2 as part of the CPP, saved a .TXT of my key, and played around with it for a while. However, thanks to some hard drive corruption issues I had to reformat and reinstall XP, thus losing the saved key I had. Furthermore, the...
September 11th 06 05:54 PM
by Darren Go to last post
4 202
Problems with RC1 by Albert Fischer
I have an Asus A8N-SLI Premium, AMD 64bit 2x 4400 cpu, Ati 800, 2megs of memory, etc. I was able to load Vista beta 2 32 bit and get all my drivers for the motherboard installed and my NVTV Display driver and with some trouble get access to my data files. I upgraded to RC! 64 bit with no trouble but when I tried to upgrade the 32bit it got stuck in the last step (Completing Upgrade) and I...
September 11th 06 05:55 PM
by Albert Fischer Go to last post
0 268
Intel Lakeport Video Driver by CTB
Hello - I just upgrade from Beta 2 to RC1 and I'm pleased to announce that the upgrade went smooth. I have a simple question, I would like to check out the "aero" effect. The chipset driver that's being used in this machine is the Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Controller 0 (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM) and after reading around the newsgroups a bit I see that I'll need to use the...
September 11th 06 06:04 PM
by CTB Go to last post
0 265
vista windows services by Christopher IT
where can i find information about what each service is, what it does, its dependencies, basically, i want my xp services.msc back :( and as a side note, why is the services window in the management panel not resizable?
September 11th 06 06:31 PM
by Christopher IT Go to last post
2 267
Sound drivers... signing issues by timske
Ok using an Abit kn-8, , gig of ram, AND onboad sound which is realtek, and HDA-digital x-mystique. I cant get either of them to install the drivers. I am assuming its a driver signing issue, the workaround to disable that function doesnt seem to be working on RC-1. OS runs great other than I cant get sound cards installed. The drivers for the HDA should work(they did before) ......
September 11th 06 06:35 PM
by timske Go to last post
0 255
RC1 on Notebooks by Marc Nutty
Hi, Well after installing RC1 on my desktop and being very pleased by the outcome, I decided to install, with a dual boot on my notebook and... as i didnt totally expect, it ran rather well lol. Ok, it didnt allow Aero cos my on-board graphics just misses out on Direct X 3D, however even when I ran Media Center, played some music, minimized it and ran internet explorer it coped very well...
September 11th 06 06:48 PM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post
3 244
Orginal XBOX Media Center Extender with Vista by Aaron
will the orginal xbox media center extender software work with vista
September 11th 06 07:02 PM
by Aaron Go to last post
0 210
UAC 2 the next generation by John Jay Smith
Using the same logic of UAC Microsoft will implement an even better version of UAC for vista service pack 1. It will be called UAC 2 the next generation (TM) This will be a fence around your computer so you cannot reach it. Therefore ultimate security will be achieved with this revolutionary system. If you are able to somehow climb the fence and get close to the computer a mechanical arm will...
September 11th 06 07:14 PM
by Michael Palumbo Go to last post
1 240
Wireless USB or PC Card that works well with RC1? by Brent
Hi, The Wireless in the Dell D800 internal (Intel 2200BG) doesn't work reliably with Vista. What wireless USB and/or PC Card have you found works well with Vista RC1? Thank you, Brent
September 11th 06 07:16 PM
by Brent Go to last post
0 293
RC1 public in coming days... by Marc Nutty
Hi, Just a comment for some of you guys who dont have a licence key from MSDN or CPP, MS say that RC1 will be available in "the coming days..." so my guess is teh weekend or maybe a week or two.
September 11th 06 07:41 PM
by Robert R. Johnson Jr Go to last post
1 257
307MB on system drive? by David Sanders
I have Vista pre-RC1 installed on a logical drive. I am trying to upgrade to RC1. Setup fails with the error that I need 307MB on the system drive. This is a 100MB FAT16 drive that pretty much only has the XP boot.ini file and ntldr on it. The pre-RC1 installation did not put any files on this drive. Why does RC1 need 307MB on it? Does this mean I can't install RC1 without re-paritioning...
September 11th 06 07:55 PM
by David Sanders Go to last post
7 376
Upgrading to RC1 from Beta 2 by BobtheRedSoxfan
I never received the email from Microsoft about the availability of RC1, or if I did, it got lost in Spam purgatory. Will MS be sending CD copies of RC1 as they did for Beta 2 when I ordered it months ago? If I download the RC1 iso file, will it just do an upgrade to RC1 or do I need to do another full install of Vista? I current dual boot with XP on a thinkpad. Thanks --
September 11th 06 08:26 PM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post

From The