Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Vista - monitor doesnt power down by Diamontina Cocktail
Any ideas why that would be, anyone? I have set it to do so after 10 mins and it never does. Using my own power profile based on performance with that one change.
February 18th 07 10:11 PM
by Shane Nokes Go to last post
5 249
The Votes Are In - NOTHING COMPATIBLE WITH VISTA! by Rich
Something about 'a fool and his money' comes to mind whenever I think of Something about a fool and his assumptions come to mind ;) Rich
February 18th 07 10:35 PM
by Rich Go to last post
0 230
Error code 80072EE6 when trying to use Windows Update in Vista Bus by PeteM
Please help. I am at the end of my tether in this problem. I have been trying to get the Windows Update Service to run on Windows Vista Business Edition with complete failure on every attempt. When searching numerous forums, and MS Tech Supp Sites, all I get (closest) is an error that refers to letting the information through the firewall (Error reference 80072EE2), but I have switched the...
February 18th 07 10:38 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
3 372
Letting Windows help you find possible problems by Adam Albright
Assuming you can at least get Vista (or other versions of Windows) to boot yet things don't seem right, here a few places to look that may help you solve your problem. A. Using System Tools Click on the Start button, All Programs, then Accessories, System Tools and finally System information. You'll see a wealth of information about your hardware, drivers, codecs and what if anything is a issue...
February 18th 07 10:39 PM
by BobS Go to last post
1 257
Vista Enterprise won't boot after crcdisk.sys by Anthony
I have a Vista Enterprise PC that has been running well for a couple of weeks. It was a fresh install onto 120gb SATA drive which was formatted durint the installation process. Everything fine until a couple of days ago when the PC bluescreened. No new hardware or software was added immediately prior to this event. The PC booted successfully after that, but tonight it has just...
February 18th 07 10:55 PM
by Anthony Go to last post
1 237
Startup Software as Admin by iNetMarketer
Is there a way to configure a specific software to startup as Administrator? This software is a daytimer I use with all my contact details/reminders/ etc... It automatically boots up with startup. But it needs admin priv. So on boot up it provides a lot of errors. However, if I Run as Admin it works.
February 18th 07 11:26 PM
by iNetMarketer Go to last post
0 229
Blank Screeen after screen saver has been on for a great while.... by Mike Burns
I am getting a black screen with only my mouse on the screen... I ahve tried to Crtl Alt and Delete and still no difference. As I move the mouse around the screen I happened to round across a spot that turns the pointer into a cursor for writing. I input my password and it works and able to get back into the desktop and everything appears for me.... Any reason this might happen???
February 19th 07 12:00 AM
by Bill Go to last post
3 236
Installing MS Money 2007 on Windows Vista Ultimate by Ashish Mathur
Hi, I am using Windows Vista Ultimate. When i insert the Money Premium 2007 DVD to install the program, i get a message saying that i need to install the latest version of the Adobe Macromedia Flash Player. Even after installing it from the Adobe website (which did not even take a second because it is already installed), i get the same message when i insert the DVD. Could you please help.
February 19th 07 12:22 AM
by Ashish Mathur Go to last post
4 268
Blue screen by Kaboos
I've installed Vista Home Premium and when i turn on the computer it gets to the welcome stage then goes to a blue screen Please help
February 19th 07 12:24 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
2 291
Blu-ray Drive, DRM, HDMI Requirements by Robert Robinson
Blu-ray drives are now available for a fairly reasonable cost. The most interesting drive is perhaps the LG GGW-H10N which can read both DVD HD and Blu-ray media in addition to the older DVD and CD-ROM formats. One catch, which is believed to apply to all the HD and Blu-ray drives, is the requirement to have a video adapter and a connected display that are both HDMI compliant if one is to...
February 19th 07 12:35 AM
by Dale Go to last post
5 320
Switch buttons? by meh
my computer won't switch between menus....how do i turn this fuction on?
February 19th 07 12:36 AM
by meh Go to last post
0 288
Vista with no java by Missy
I just got a new computer with Vista. It has no kind of Java in it. What java or any thing else should i download if any to play pogo and to get into different sites. I do not know and it does not say. Please help.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 19th 07 12:42 AM
by Dianeinla Go to last post
10 494
Activation of Vista by Spanner
Right now I'm a bit peed off. I bought Vista & ended up having to upgrade my ram capacity. I thought since my hard drive was nearly 4 yrs old I'd get a new one of those at the same time. Obviously I had to re-install the Vista OS. Now it's telling me that the product ID is already in use & I need another to activate. Now if I choose to format my pc at some point in the future, I'm basically...
February 19th 07 01:26 AM
by Lakesidezx Go to last post
5 319
Updates not installing by fj
Three updates are not installing - i.e., they fail. They were all detected by Windows Update. The three are for Office 2003 - but all I have installed is MS Project 2003. The three updates are KB920813, KB929064 and KB925251. I've tried downloading and installing them from the hard drive - but no go. Anybody else having this problem? Any ideas on how to solve?
February 19th 07 01:28 AM
by RXRivera Go to last post
2 503
Lexmark Z515 inkjet printer by DrD+Rocky
I just bought a Acer T180-ud400b, with Windows Vista Home Basic. I can't get my printer to work. It shows as a Lexmark 510 series, but won't even print a test page. Help!!!!!!!
February 19th 07 01:33 AM
by gahiway Go to last post
5 355
e-mail provision for Vista? by Gene Hora
I read in the OE newsgroup that OE is not provided in Vista. I've not yet upgraded to Vista and wondering what is the provision for e-mail in Vista (Home Premium)? During an upgrade what would happen to all my OE messages? I have the ability to use Microsoft Outlook, but don't really like the program. My needs are pretty simple and Outlook is way over-management and overkill. Thanks in...
February 19th 07 01:34 AM
by JimR Go to last post
8 322
hosts file by [email protected]
i've made changes to my hosts file e.g. 127.0.0.1 localhost www.mysite.localhost localhost but i cannot use the new host mapping... ping says it can't find it, same with firefox. localhost and 127.0.0.1 work fine. i've tried rebooting already. i'm running apache 2.2... this used to work immediately in XP
February 19th 07 01:41 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
1 349
Blue Screen, Vista Ultimate RTM by DCELL
Here's the blue screen error number.. 0x000000124 (0x00000000, 0x83fba028, 0xb2000000, 0x00070f0f) even though I've never heard of anyone being able to tell you what it means. Here's my machine specs.. A8N32 SLI Deluxe ASUS motherboard, AMD Athlon 64 4400+ X2, TWINX2048-3500LLPRO CORSAIR XMS RAM, 2 BFG GeForce 7800 GT OC in SLI mode, 2 Sony DWQ30A DVD Dual Burners, Mitsumi 7&1 floppy/card...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 19th 07 02:07 AM
by Omega Go to last post
13 509
Dreamscene & error decoding by Dan E
I tried running dreamscene, and an error popped up. On clicking on the little bubble, "The video file format is not supported, or there was an error decoding this video file" I realize this is a 'preveiw' but it sounds like others have gotten it to work. I'm using a Radeon 9800 pro.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 19th 07 02:12 AM
by Mel G Go to last post
10 496
Vista Vista and more Vista by Innes
As a frequent lurker and occasional poster I would like to share some thaughts about Vista home premium; I see a lot of people very disappointed in this new O.S. for various reasons, some are valid some are plain problems with DRIVERS and or OLD hardware. I build my own systems now for over 10 years, I always try to use upgradable hardware, not always top of the line but within reach of my...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 19th 07 02:19 AM
by Innes Go to last post

From The