Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Start Menu by TedF
I like to access the Start Menu folder In Windows Explorer, so I re-organize it. Where the folder can be found please ? Thank you
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 19th 07 07:49 AM
by William Dowell Go to last post
12 448
New RDP client is horrid by Austin
No separate field for Domain? It saves the login names you have used? What about dumb terminals with generic auto logins that are not part of a domain? Were all the beta testers you guys used all testing this in their mom's basement? Maybe next time you can use some people who work in an enterprise. ----------------
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 19th 07 08:09 AM
by Flemming Go to last post
11 395
schtasks changing the default power options by Ramesh
Hi All, I am trying to add a new task from scheduler on Vista OS. I am doing this through the command prompt. I am able to add the task but the issue is "Start the task only if the computer is on AC power" option is by default enabled. How can I disable this option from command prompt? Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
February 19th 07 08:47 AM
by Ramesh Go to last post
0 285
system froze during shut down by cheroni
While restarting my computer, it has frozen on shutting down for more than 30 minutes now. Nothing that I know to do or have tried has made a difference. I was attempting to install a Lexmark 9350 printer software just before this happened. Also, the 9350 software is not compatable with window vista. HELP. I just purchased my new 9350 printer tonight and had hoped to have all working...
February 19th 07 10:28 AM
by LoneWolf Go to last post
2 223
Microsoft Explorer has stopped working by Richard
Since I put in Vista I get this message all the time. Does anyone else get this message and what can be done about it? "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." Richard
February 19th 07 10:33 AM
by differs Go to last post
2 221
I saw blue-red tints appearing across my screen when Aero is turne by sumguy1986
as can be seen from the figure below, when I click on multiple windows, sometimes it will appear to be like that, I have to minimize and then restore back in order to make them disappear. Is that because of my video driver? During the first few days after I have installed the graphic driver, Vista Aero worked seamlessly until yesterday where the mentioned phenomenon occured. My video card is...
February 19th 07 10:39 AM
by Steve Drake Go to last post
2 241
Not able to EXPORT files into the local system by PA Bear
Forwarded to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general newsgroup. Sounds like a UAC issue. -- ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User) prasad wrote: I've an application which I'm running in Vista.Using this application, I
February 19th 07 10:46 AM
by prasad Go to last post
1 221
Vista still contains bits from WFWG's??? by dieHard®
Someone please explain this, as I keep hearing about how Vista is "new from the ground up". - Go to C:\Windows\Fonts - right-click anywhere in the right pane and select "Add New Font" Am I blind or isn't that dialog that pops open straight out of Windows for WorkGroups 3.11? "more of the same" is more like it...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 19th 07 10:49 AM
by Guy Thomas Go to last post
12 503
help on setting up virtual memory properly?to prevent framentation by GT
When i upgraded from XP to Vista it had a custom setting for the virtual setting But then decided to do clean install with Vista premium and now virtual memory is set to automatic which i think is causing fragmentation on my drive. i have about 1.5gb of memory, 140gb available harddrive space and virtual memory is set to automaictally manage paging file size for all drive. Can anyone help...
February 19th 07 11:32 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
2 224
The Votes Are In - NOTHING COMPATIBLE WITH VISTA! by Scott
On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 21:50:53 GMT, "Mr. I.M. Puss" spake thusly: As evident by the multitude of problems described in just this newsgroup alone, it's evident that nothing - not even the simplest software - will work well with Vista without it putting up a fight. As if everyone having success would drop by here to share that information.
February 19th 07 11:36 AM
by Scott Go to last post
0 263
Vista Keeps Freezing.. HELP!! by FuLLy SickNEsS
I have Recently Updated my Laptop to the Vista Home Basic OS from XP Home.. It works a treat only when i disconnect the AC cable and run it from battery the whole thing freezes stiff... I have to manually restart my laptop each time... Would it have something to do with a driver... Please Help?? I am running AMD Mobile Athlon +2000 512MB Ram 1.56GHz Regards Fully Sick Luke
February 19th 07 11:36 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 216
Enable Transparancy For Minimize,Restore,Close Bar? by Brodster
I would like to enable the Transparancy for the Title Bar on top of pages but I right clicked on the desktop, clicked personalize, click on the Window Color and appearance, and there is nothing there to enable it there. I posted another question on another website, and asked a reliable friend who said it would be there, but its not. I got to thinking perhaps its my graphics card because this...
February 19th 07 11:59 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
2 241
windows mobile device center crashes by Mauro
I' have downloaded the new mobile center feature. Trying to connect to a Symbol mobile2003 barcodereader, as soon i see on the mobile that a connection is established, the mobile device center on Vista crashes: svchost.exe_WcesComm -wcescomm.dll, vers. 6.0.6783.0 - exception 0xc0000005, offset error 0x0000460e. Any idea, suggestion? b.r. in the meantime used XP xlient.....
February 19th 07 12:10 PM
by Mauro Go to last post
0 217
vista explorer bug by Andrew
Hi. I recently purchased a laptop with Vista installed. A day later I boot up and windows explorer just gives a dialogue box say something along the lines of "problem with windows explorer, trying to rectify problem". Another box then opens and says "windows explorer restarting". This goes on in a loop for hours, or until I switch the machine off. I was told i need to reinstall vista from...
February 19th 07 12:19 PM
by Andrew Go to last post
0 215
Stop delete confirmations by pilot623
How can I stop receiving delete confirmations? When deleting files, I still want them to hit the trash can but I don't want to be asked every time, "Are you sure?"
February 19th 07 12:26 PM
by Marcin Domaslawski Go to last post
1 202
HP Laserjet 1320 PCL 6 Vista driver by RScotti
Hi, Does anyone know if the 1320 PCL 6 driver in Vista will print on both sides like the original HP driver? I do a lot of printing and need to know if this is working. Otherwise I have to probably wait till June when HP comes out with their driver. Have a good day, RScotti remove "nospam" in order to email me.
February 19th 07 12:29 PM
by RScotti Go to last post
0 238
error when useing the upgrade tool by Ryan
I get this error when i am scaning computers with the vista upgrade tool " Windows vista updrage advisor encounted an error while scanning your system. If the problem persists, you can uninstall windows vista upgrade advisor and reinstall the latest version" I have been to the microsoft website and checked to see what version they have and it is the same as the one i am useing version 1.0. I...
February 19th 07 12:29 PM
by Ryan Go to last post
0 213
Vista Control Panel Problems by differs
Hi, Upgraded XP to Vista at the weekend (it was not too great with probably 30 to 35 driver compatibility issues, but I am through most of them now). The main problem I have left is that every time I click on control panel, the app is loading (green bar moves progressivly across the top) but never gets to the end and I don't get to see the Control Panel.
February 19th 07 12:40 PM
by differs Go to last post
2 235
IE 7 context menu entries and Uncode/IME issues. by LeaWes
Hi, I'm having some trouble with the context menu of IE 7. The right click function is very slow. I've researched this and found that it's to do with the handlers, and have tried various apps. e.g Toolbar Crop to get rid of the 'Open IME' 'Right to left reading order,' Insert and 'Show Unicode' entries respectively, since right-click is fine in other apps. I know this may also be down to...
February 19th 07 12:51 PM
by LeaWes Go to last post
0 194
how do I turn on Bitlocker? by bp
I want to turn on Bitlocker but I see no way to do it. I lauched the bitlocker prep tool and it says my drive is already configured. I have a usb key (small 256meg ) in place. How big does it need to be I can't find anything on that but I figure it doesn't need to be to big just for a encription key. However when I open the Botlocker it says I have no TPM and BL is off. There is no option to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 19th 07 01:07 PM
by bp Go to last post

From The