Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
I can be everybody at once if I want by Adam, Alias, Frank, Bill, and Spanky
It is amazing. Just by changing one field, I can be everyone and post crap as everyone at the same time. Just think how many of the real idiots will post because they will think I am them.
June 10th 08 12:59 PM
by Adam Albright Go to last post
4 296
Please help me by Adam.S
im not very good with computors but i have windows vista home premium but i do not have microsoft word, powerpoint etc or if i do i cant find it can anyone help me?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 26th 07 05:19 AM
by Lang Murphy Go to last post
11 508
CD/DVD drive no longer reads Cds by Adam.S[_2_]
I have vista home premium installed and when I insert a disk and try to run it I get a message telling me to insert the disk, even though it is inserted.
February 17th 08 12:39 PM
by John Barnes Go to last post
1 206
Can't download Jave by adam1jam
How do I get Jave to download into Vista? I keep getting error 1101. I have tryed auto download and manual downloads and get this erroe both ways. -- jim
July 21st 08 08:22 AM
by Dave-UK Go to last post
1 235
Cannot Boot Without External HD Plugged In by Adam3411
I’m running Vista Home Premium, and experience problems every time I try to boot my PC without an external USB hard disk plugged in and running. This has been going on ever since I first used the external hard disk with my PC. I have ignored the problem and just kept the drive plugged in at all times, but recently I’ve had to lend the drive out and am forced to wait about 10-15 minutes every time...
April 18th 08 05:07 AM
by Adam3411 Go to last post
0 175
External memory Drive And SD Card by Adamainsley
If i leave my external HD drive plugged into my pc when i shut down vista it wont shut down compleatly until i have unplugged the drive, it also wont start up if the drive is plugged in.
November 19th 07 07:17 AM
by DX Go to last post
4 189
Quick Launch icons missing ... by AdamBC
Vista Home Premium - at some point in the last 24 hours, the icons on my Quick launch toolbar have stopped being displayed - the appropriate short cuts are in the correct folder (and work when I launch them directly) but are not appearing on the toolbar - any ideas?
July 8th 07 04:21 PM
by dean-dean Go to last post
5 173
nVidaia: Black screen before Vista startup - Possible Solution by adambomb
I have a nVidia 7900 and have upgraded to Vista ultimate from XP. The updated dispaly adapter driver 7.15.10.9816 caused my screen to go black when attempting re-install. I ended up running clean-install with Vista which fixed the driver if it was corrupted. What other people should be aware about is their screen resolutions and DPI scaling. When I set my screen resolution to the...
March 29th 08 09:32 PM
by adambomb Go to last post
2 179
Vista Final by [email protected]
Will there be any discount available for beta 1, 2 and rc1 testers? If so where can I find it?
January 3rd 07 05:35 PM
by Mark Gillespie Go to last post
7 222
Start up time? by Adamd
So I have Vista Ultimate 64 bit and well the boot up time is just not want I think it should be... I turned off my of my starting programs with the msconfig etc and scan for spyware,virus,etc all the time. Core 2 duo 2.5gig, 4gigs DDR2. On a new Asus Laptop.
September 4th 08 03:42 AM
by SIW2 Go to last post
2 197
No sleep mode when plugged in? by Adamd
Ok so I have Vista 64 bit running on a Asus laptop and when I have it in the battery saving program it will go to sleep no matter what, but when I have it plugged in and on Max performance it will not sleep... screen turns off, but nothing else happens... Please help me figure out what the problem is!!! --
December 13th 09 04:09 PM
by yohaikal[_2_] Go to last post
6 378
Slow boot. by AdamElite
Hello, im running Vista Basic. When i push the start button on n it comes to the first screen where you can choose to boot from HD or CD bla bla bla. It takes a very while to get off that screen and load. This started happening about a week ago where i updated my ram. Now it takes about 30 seconds or more to get off that screen, where before i
May 13th 09 02:18 PM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
2 247
Error Code 643 by adamg86
hi guys, ive read a few of the comments already here, and i have the same problem..when trying to install an update i get error code 643, i think its a MS problem, rather than our PC's....to let you know i am on vista home premium..please help if you can, thanks..
July 15th 07 12:34 AM
by Engel Go to last post
2 232
aero????? by adamg86
looking how to work this aero thing, could some1 please explain easily....looking for a 'Switch between windows' button...cant see it on the taskbar...
April 13th 07 12:36 AM
by Travis King Go to last post
4 378
vista upgrade by AdamKun
hi i was wondering if i buy vista home premium upgrade edtion will i be able to upgrade both mine and my dads computer, or do i have to buy it twice? thanks adam
January 31st 07 09:05 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
5 219
lost files on my HD-CEU2 Buffalo 1tb drive by adamneson1977
i have a laptop with vista home basic installed, i recently bought a 1tb buffalo HD-CEU2 external hardrive, i simply plugged it in and started transfering a large number of files to it without running the installation software that came with it, i also didnt convert it from fat32 to ntfs, after a week all the fies in one of the folders disappeared and it said it now registered 0 bites, when there...
March 9th 09 04:28 PM
by Carey Frisch [MVP] Go to last post
1 137
SyncToy Scheduling by AdamOsterrieder
I'm using SyncToy to synchronize files between PCs on my home network (and to have the files in 2 locations for redundancy). It works great when I run it manually but it fails from the task scheduler with result (0xA). The synctoylog.log shows: Exception: Showing a modal dialog box or form when the application is not running in UserInteractive mode is not a valid operation. Specify the...
December 13th 07 03:24 AM
by JamesHale Go to last post
3 178
Scheduled Backup Always Fails - Error 546 by AdamOsterrieder
I have scheduled my system to backup weekly using wbadmin START BACKUP -allCritical -backupTarget:iI -include:C: -quiet This works fine from a command prompt but it always fails from task scheduler with result (0xFFFFFFFE). It is running using the administrator account (for testing purposes) and "run with highest privileges" is checked. I cannot figure out why this won't work. I also get...
October 31st 07 10:57 PM
by AdamOsterrieder Go to last post
0 191
Vista Media Center & QAM by adamro
Greetings, Sorry if this has been asked more than many times. Does Vista Media Center support QAM at this time? Thank you,
March 17th 08 07:15 PM
by Madog Go to last post
2 220
Edit Profile on Windows Vista community Home Page by adamsr2
If I try to edit my profile I get: Server Error in '/library/errorpages' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It...
February 21st 07 08:42 AM
by LoneWolf Go to last post

From The