Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Question
sevice packs not included in windows update?? by smills98823
I am running windows vista home premium and have had to reinstall. When going through the windows update the service packs dont show up. do i need to download and install manualy?
March 19th 10 09:44 AM
by Tom Allen[_3_] Go to last post
3 487
Uniblue RegistryBooster 2 by JerzyMarian
Hello. What do think about RegistryBooster 2 for VISTA? -- JerzyMarian
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 19th 10 02:34 AM
by webster72n Go to last post
16 931
Can't delete file by Metspitzer
I have a folder that was named something random like fsad3ld567g. I was able to rename the folder anything I wanted to. I renamed it to \top The two files in it are update.exe and updatexx.dll or something close. When I tried to delete either one of them I get access denied. http://i42.tinypic.com/24fbwi8.jpg I also ran the command line and tried to remove the directory.
March 19th 10 12:04 AM
by Ǝиçεl Go to last post
4 636
New IE 9 will not work in Windows XP - another fuc job by the expertMSFT Geeks! by long time windows user
The newest version of Microsoft's (Nasdaq: MSFT) Internet Explorer will feature full hardware acceleration and a new Javascript engine that engages multiple processor cores for faster rendering, the company has announced. The new version aso reverses the software giant's reluctance to adapt to HTML 5. The company released a developer preview of Internet Explorer 9 at the MIX10 developer...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 18th 10 10:44 PM
by Drew[_8_] Go to last post
15 922
Specify folder view in desktop shortcut? by Bill W
I have a shortcut on my Vista desktop that points to a My Pictures folder stored on an XP computer connected to our home network. Every time the folder is displayed on the Vista computer it is in details format. I have to manually change the view to Extra Large Icons. Are there any parameters that I can put in the short cut that specifies the view? Is there any other way to assure that...
March 18th 10 09:17 PM
by Bill W Go to last post
0 450
First Windows 7 PC arriving Soon and Have Questions by Jack[_14_]
Hi, today I ordered a ZT Affinity Phenom II X4 965 3.4GHz 1GB Radeon 5450 Blu-Ray ROM Desktop w/ Windows Professional 64bit. This will be my first Win7 PC. What should I do before using the PC everyday? I'm thinking drop the DVD\Blu Ray player to a very low drive letter, setup a permanent swap file. and I'd like to partition the 2TB HDD. Do I need third party software to partition a Win7...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 18th 10 06:41 PM
by Jack[_14_] Go to last post
11 928
Internet explorer not responding! by costac19[_2_]
:( Hi when i log in to Vista heads internet explorer stops responding! The error message is that the "site" is using script that is slowing down my internet connection! is there a way to address this problem? When I visit other sites i do not recieve this message. Thanks for any help:cool::) -- costac19 Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
March 18th 10 11:49 AM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
2 430
Not able to delete Gadgets (calendar) by LR[_3_]
Not sure if my kiddos did it or what happened.... but, there are several occurrences of the calendar Gadget on the dock and every time I try to delete one my pc freezes. Not only that, but they won't delete. I can add a gadget, but can't delete it. Please help, Lynette
March 18th 10 03:33 AM
by LR[_3_] Go to last post
0 433
Indexing Options by AATech[_2_]
In 'Indexing Options' when i click 'Modify' nothing happens. Even after several restarts
March 18th 10 02:18 AM
by AATech[_3_] Go to last post
2 447
Windows 7 Email by James Brown[_4_]
What Email is used with Windows 7. I understand none is provided with it.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 17th 10 11:16 PM
by John Aldred Go to last post
11 1,151
KB978380 Error Code 8007006E by Tom Hall[_2_]
I repeatedly encounter this error when trying to apply the update to my Vista Home Premium 64-bit system. I have Office 2003, not 2007. Any suggestions on how to either get rid of this update or successfully install it would be greatly appreciated. Tom
March 17th 10 10:43 PM
by Gene E. Bloch Go to last post
3 1,575
REGEDIT program totally gone by IveLostItAll
I've no idea how this has happened but it seems Regedit has disappeared from my computer entirely. I also noticed Notepad had disappeared a couple weeks ago. Not sure what is causing this as neither my anti-virus program nor my spyware program are detecting anything. Regardless, I really need to know how to reinstall regedit. quick info: Windows Vista 64 SP1
March 17th 10 07:47 PM
by Ken Blake, MVP Go to last post
3 471
destinations.msi by Darrell Dies
when starting windows vista i get window message, destinations.msi file not found. could someone please let me know how to correct this problem? Thanks, dd
March 17th 10 06:49 PM
by Tin Cheng Go to last post
3 601
Windows Easy Transfer by brau98
When I downloaded the Windows Easy Transfer utility for a 32 bit version of Windows Vista (Windows6.0-KB928635-x86) for file transfers to Windows 7 it will not install. I receive an error message that says, "The update does not apply to your system." But my system is a 32 bit version of Vista. I am trying to get prepared for my Windows 7 version that will arrive in October. Does anyone...
March 17th 10 05:37 PM
by John Go to last post
5 1,423
Answer to the most annoying problem of Windows 7 by Brian
This message was posted here because: 1. I couldn't find any newsgroup on Microsoft Communities for Windows 7 (which I believe is an absolute must) 2. the program mentioned at the end would also work for Vista. From day one of upgrading to Windows 7, I was faced with the unpleasant reality that Win7 doesn't remember the size and position of folders. To further torture me, for some reason...
March 17th 10 04:37 PM
by +Bob+ Go to last post
2 786
Can not install Windows Updates!!! by PPatty89
Hello. I have a ERROR code: 646..... May you plz help me with this problem. I think it is about not enough space on a disc. Im not sure what is the difference is between disc C and D. I have gotten VIRUSES cause my laptop is not up to date. This problem has been going on for awhile... I have unistalled many programs, but none seem to be from disc D. Everything is from C. I tried opening disc...
March 17th 10 03:23 AM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
3 543
Repeating keys missing... by Paul H
I upgraded guy's Microcenter desktop from Vista to WE. Both Vista, and now W7 have a strange characteristic - when one holds down any key, it does not repeat. It just appears one time. Any idea how to get "repeating keys" back? TIA, Paul
March 17th 10 02:52 AM
by Paul H Go to last post
2 515
Is it wise to upgrade from Windows Vista to Windows 7? by PPatty89
What are the pros and cons of Windows 7 -- Kristen Rios
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 17th 10 12:57 AM
by Ken Blake, MVP Go to last post
10 659
vista taskbar is flashing with overlapping image by nicholasting
this is a laptop that provided by working company. previously this laptop is working fine. since yesterday, while i was using windows virtual PC, meanwhile i also browsing some online newspaper. suddenly, my laptop with windows vista, having the funny flashing at the taskbar. it flash almost 5 seconds once. the flashing image is showing the top row of my screen viewing. can anyone give me more...
March 17th 10 12:51 AM
by nicholasting Go to last post
0 424
full text search by Greg[_24_]
Hello, It does not look like vista is full text indexing word documents. I have set the option: Indexing Options in the Control Panel and click Advanced, then clicked the File Types tab. Add the .doc, doxc file types and clicked the option to "index properties and file contents." However I still cannot full text search word document. any ideas?
March 16th 10 11:31 PM
by Greg[_24_] Go to last post

From The