Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
I know this has been covered but - download error! by alex_ncfc
I am reaching the end of my teather! This is well and truly driving me mad - 4 times now I have tried to download the RC1 and every time something goes wrong. I tried Flashget, which stopped at around 2GB. I tried Firefox, which worked but i stupidly thought the built in manager supported resume, so closed firefox, only to see i'd have to start again, so that's a no go. I've now tried "Free...
September 13th 06 02:10 PM
by alex_ncfc Go to last post
8 249
Fatal error downloading Vista RC1 everytime!!!! by rochelle
Tried using free download manager recomended by site and keep gettin a fatal error at 98,99 and even at 100%, and the download has to be deleted. Have tried to download with ie to and that seems to time out for some reason. Anyway have been trying day and night for 4 days to get this and i either come home from work or get up in the morning and the download has failed, please can i get some...
September 13th 06 02:38 PM
by jonah Go to last post
2 230
HP Printer Drivers & RC1 by SteepleChaser
HP Photosmart 7550 Printer support for Windows Vista? Printer fails to complete the install process. Printer installed on dual boot system, working fine on xp side. any ideas would be appreciated Thank You John Also just a note: Downloaded RC1 few days ago, put off installing until today… not knowing whether or not my product code would be accepted or not. The upgrade install process took...
September 13th 06 02:53 PM
by SteepleChaser Go to last post
1 207
Generic RNDIS Driver by Sam
Tried installing a new WM5 device (HTC TYTN) and kept getting a message that the generic RNDIS driver was missing. Vista will also not install ASync. Any clues??????
September 13th 06 03:12 PM
by Sam Go to last post
0 210
Re Vista RC1 and sleep mode by technogran
Hai, anyone else getting machine crashes if they put RC1 into sleep mode?? When I put mine into sleep mode, front button does not flash on and off as it should, frantic disc activity, video to monitor stops okay. Then when I try to wake it up, I either get the @Windows has recovered from a near fatal crash, or windows did not shut down properly, any one else getting this? I don't remember...
September 13th 06 03:22 PM
by jwardl Go to last post
4 206
RC1: Motorola Phone Tools 4.0 Bluetooth by mikwiz
Has anyone had any success in installing Motorolla Phone Tools 4.0 drivers (off the disk) on a RC1 32 bit laptop (Dell Inspiron 1405)? Does anyone know a link if one doesn't have the disk where the drivers can be installed? Has anyone had success in using their Motorolla E815 cellphone with Bluetooth synching with RTC1 32 bit laptop?? -- Buddha Bless You
September 13th 06 03:29 PM
by mikwiz Go to last post
2 226
RC1: Cyberlink Power DVD 7 Deluxe by mikwiz
I really like Power DVD on my old XP for playing DVD's--its probably the best program around for that, in my opinion. And before I pay them another 80 bucks, I was wondering if ANYONE has successfully installed the latest Power DVD 7 Deluxe on RC1 64 bit or 32 bit? -- Buddha Bless You
September 13th 06 03:33 PM
by mikwiz Go to last post
4 263
Looking for good Photo Editing Program by OpeXp
Hi All, I'm looking for a good Photo Editing Program for Vist x64. Thanks Op
September 13th 06 03:41 PM
by OpeXp Go to last post
5 275
UAC Blocking by Techno-Crat
Ha!
September 13th 06 03:58 PM
by Techno-Crat Go to last post
4 265
Media Center with Vista doesn't play TV or Videos by Goetz
I got a strange problem with Media Center. I had Windows MCE 2005 installed and everything worked fine. After upgrading to Vista I can record videos and play them (as well as the old recordings) in media player; Live TV and watching any video in media center doesn't work. Hauppauge TV Card and ATI Radeon is installed, Vista Certified PC, all hardware has been found correctly by vista....
September 13th 06 04:14 PM
by Goetz Go to last post
0 202
Media Center with Vista doesn't play TV or Videos by Goetz
I got a strange problem with Media Center. I had Windows MCE 2005 installed and everything worked fine. After upgrading to Vista I can record videos and play them (as well as the old recordings) in media player; Live TV and watching any video in media center doesn't work. Hauppauge TV Card and ATI Radeon is installed, Vista Certified PC, all hardware has been found correctly by vista....
September 13th 06 04:14 PM
by Goetz Go to last post
0 217
RC1: How do you get rid of Uninstalled Programs? by mikwiz
If I uninstalled a program from Control Panel, and the program didn't uninstall correctly for some cheap error reason, and then deleted the files under Program Files and User Files, etc., but the Cheap ass Britannica still shows in the Control Panel Programs on your System list: How does one get rid of that program in the list AND make sure its removed from all other files on the computer...
September 13th 06 04:39 PM
by mikwiz Go to last post
4 239
Latest drivers Soundblaster live24 don't work by ReMeE
I have a MSI K8N diamond plus board with onboard Soundblaster audigy/live24 sound. I installed yesterday the new released drivers form Creative but they don't work. The older drivers I had with beta 2 (also from creative) work fine.
September 13th 06 04:53 PM
by johndw Go to last post
2 198
Error 0×0000007e after install/first start up by H#
I am receiving this error after install comlpetes and it boots for the first time. I can boot in safe mode, but tells me that it cannot finish installing in safe mode. It has to be a driver or something. I have Vista on a sister PC with some of the same programs wih no issues. Any idea where to start looking?
September 13th 06 05:04 PM
by H# Go to last post
2 242
Dual Boot with USB ket? by tornaxl
I am looking to dual boot my system with XP and Vista RC1 with out the Vista boot loader. I installed Vista to a separate HD than my current XP install. When I did the install I disconnected the XP HD so Vista could not see it. I can boot to both Vista and XP by changing the boot drive in my BIOS, which works but is a pain at times. What I am trying to do is load Vista boot manager onto a...
September 13th 06 05:13 PM
by tornaxl Go to last post
3 328
NEEDED: microsoft.public.windows.vista.third_party_softwar by Leadfoot
They really need to add a group for third party software
September 13th 06 05:23 PM
by Leadfoot Go to last post
0 217
Getting Vista RC1 Customer Preview Program by Gb755c
I joined the customer preview program in June and am currently on Vista Beta 2. I keep looking for the email that preview program participants are supposed to get. When I check the Windows Vista website and I click get Windows Vista RC1 and then click the Windows Vista Customer Preview Program. The way the site is worded says that current particpants can download RC1 from a recent email...
September 13th 06 05:39 PM
by gr8auror28 Go to last post
4 255
Upgrading from XP by Shadow
I've downloaded the iso file and burned it into a DVD, when I pop in the DVD into my computer I get an error saying the system cannot run that OS and I can't even get the installation/setup to beggin. Any suggestions? Oh by the way I've run the Upgrade Advisor and it says that I can instal the RC1. Does the 32bit and 64bit downloads make any difference?
September 13th 06 05:50 PM
by John Barnes Go to last post
1 230
Beta DVDs by Matt
G'day, I paid to get the Beta 2 CPR sent to me on DVD a few months ago. Will I have to pay to get the CR1 DVD sent to me, or will Microsoft send it to me for free automatically? Cheers Matt
September 13th 06 06:12 PM
by Sascha Benjamin Jazbec Go to last post
6 361
Moving the taskbar - build 5600 by migod
I like to move the taskbar so that it fits exactly over the sidebar (so that's the right side of the screen). I also use auto-hide, so that I don't waste more screen real estate than needed :-). If i now use the start button, the program shortcuts are neatly aligned next to the taskbar, but all the other shortcuts (control panel, my docs,....) are UNDER the taskbar and I can't reach them...
September 13th 06 06:38 PM
by migod Go to last post

From The