Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Windows Vista problems by Blaise Tangamu
I've problem using my CD-ROm drive. A message displaying "A driver is installed that causes stability problems with your system..." and An error message "Driver blocked due to incompatibility. Driver:Sonic Solution DLA" when I start my computer .I can't find which driver is either where is located. A friend recommands me to reinstalle my Vista but I'm not quiet sure about. Do you have any...
February 26th 07 10:49 PM
by William Go to last post
1 219
OEM... by John Whitworth
Is it possible to install two OEM operating systems on one machine? I.e. Could I create a new machine with both XP and Vista as a dual boot? I know there are problems with dual booting Vista, but just wanted to know if it's feasible? JW
February 26th 07 11:02 PM
by Pipboy Go to last post
1 395
Serial Key by Gian Michael
I install Windows Vista Business in a Computer, but this computer have a oracle development was not compatible, then I decide to delete that windows and put a clean install of windows xp and put the windows vista in a new machine that dont have that problem but when I use the activation they tell me that that serial was already in use. What Can i Do?
February 26th 07 11:08 PM
by Sean C. Go to last post
5 244
Controling Quantity of Time a Child is allowed spend on comp each by GaryM
It looks like Vista will alllow under parental control the Admin to set the hours in which a child can use the computer but what if you want to control the number of hours per day and not necessarly care about when as long as it is not after bed? Without a third party package ( which might not jive with Vista) how can this be done. I can't beleive that MS missed a feature like this while...
February 26th 07 11:29 PM
by GaryM Go to last post
0 190
Flip 3D by Oddeo
My flip 3D is not in 3d anymore. it was when i first started but then after some browsing around i tried to show my fiance, but its doing the old fashoned alt+tab switch windows. where do i go to change that.
February 26th 07 11:36 PM
by Marilyn Go to last post
3 321
ATI 7.2 drivers are released by Dale White
Yeah I'm the first to get it posted a gold star for me ! ! ! 32bit http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/vista32/common-vista32.html 64bit http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/vista64/common-vista64.html Not that the ATI people need new drivers as bad as the nVidia people
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 26th 07 11:57 PM
by Dale \Mad_Murdock\ White Go to last post
35 735
Compatibility: Vista 64 vs. Vista 32 by Scotter
I'm about to build a new computer. All the parts will be here by tomorrow. Also bought Vista Ultimate 64-bit. Does that OS have a compatibility mode for 32-bit software? Or do I need to run 64-bit versions of everything? Will using the 64-bit version of Vista severely limit what software I can use? Here are some of the programs I can think of now: MS Office 2003
February 27th 07 12:19 AM
by Andyistic Go to last post
1 237
Vista Emulators? by RakeKiller
Just saw a laptop advertised on Craigslist stating..."looks like vista" emailed them and he says its XP but look like the Vista GUI, but wont go further. Googled it and found some hits, but curious if there is a "best" one .. Thanks
February 27th 07 12:33 AM
by Art Go to last post
2 269
Installing Vista on SATA drive by Brian W
Anyone had any experience of doing this? Would it be a good idea to remove any IDE hard drives from my system before installing, and then re-connect after? Are there any known issues? Thanks in advance
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 27th 07 12:34 AM
by BobS Go to last post
27 570
No Active Administrator Accounts in Vista by [email protected]
I've been playing around with Vista for a couple weeks now off and on. This morning I decided to see what my user experience would be if I "demoted" my user account from the Administrators group to the Users group. I did so, rebooted (I had just loaded a new video driver as well), and logged back in. At that point Windows popped up a bubble saying that it had multiple security issues -- no AV and...
February 27th 07 12:37 AM
by Malke Go to last post
4 283
tweak to make it faster by TheOne
I've installed vista ultimate version on virtual pc. It works a bit slow and I'd like to make it faster. Can anyone give me some tips or tweak to try to make it lighter? I don't care about the fancy look. Only the basic functionality matters to me. TIA. -- Daewon YOON
February 27th 07 12:52 AM
by TheOne Go to last post
4 208
On the "Theft" of Microsoft fonts by [email protected]
On Feb 22, 6:34 pm, The Ghost In The Machine wrote: This could get interesting. Took a bit of scanning but it turns out that Gentoo -- and probably a lot of other distros -- offer a package called 'corefonts'. This package requires acceptance of an EULA prior to use: Microsoft TrueType Fonts END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR MICROSOFT SOFTWARE ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 27th 07 01:29 AM
by Jim Richardson Go to last post
51 788
Anagrams for Microsoft Vista? by Dweebs
A VICTIM OF SORTS A VICTOR OF MISTS
February 27th 07 01:37 AM
by Nina DiBoy Go to last post
9 287
about transfer and upload files by Vincent
How come I can't attach files on my email? and how come I can't transfer files through MSN anymore?
February 27th 07 01:53 AM
by Rock Go to last post
1 181
Changing colors of Windows Explorer by [email protected]
Hi, I'm trying to change the color scheme of Windows Explorer in Vista Ultimate and cannot find a way to do that. This color scheme seems to be just another thing Microsoft designers think they know better than users. Does someone know some tricky way to get rid of annoying colors that Microsoft chose for me? Thanks.
February 27th 07 01:54 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
5 194
Anyone running Vista Business in a Domain yet? by lforbes
I am a network admin of 2 large domains. I haven't got a copy of business yet but I have Home Premium on my new laptop. I am pretty scared about trying to support both Vista and XP in the same domain because for some reason Microsoft decided that "different" has to be "better" and changed all the folder locations. I use Mandatory Roaming Profiles. I DON'T WANT my users to see their profiles...
February 27th 07 01:57 AM
by lforbes Go to last post
7 166
Can Turn Off PC by _Shy
Hi, I Just installed windows vista ultimate and only thing I need to do is upgrade my agp video card. Im not able to shut off my pc and wondering does a video card have any thing to do with it and if not does someone know how to fix this problem? The only way I can turn off my pc now is by bushing the start button like you do when you turn on your pc. I dont want to mess up my pc so please...
February 27th 07 02:13 AM
by _Shy Go to last post
2 194
Why are so many people threatened by Vista? by Alan
Hi Kerry, I'm not sure that people feel 'threatened' (good use of stuff learned in Pysch 101 there, by the way : ) by Vista as much as they might be trying to warn people to save their money and not blow it on an O/S that's not yet quite ready for prime time. You mention Window ME and how the marketplace rejected it. Well, the poor schmucks who did upgrade to Window ME back then lost less...
February 27th 07 02:20 AM
by Alan Go to last post
0 177
Vista Bugs so Far by GTS
No major problems with Vista so far, but I'm surprised at some of the bugs in very routine items given the depth of beta testing. I wonder if others have any comment on these, and any others to add. - Folder Options - Open Each folder in its own window This simply doesn't work. The setting is igonred. - Start /MIN command The /MIN parameter (start minimized) fails. (This is not a...
February 27th 07 02:25 AM
by GTS Go to last post
3 198
Please help me in opening the Messages table in windowsmail.msmessagestore file by [email protected]
Please help me in opening the windowsmail.msmessage file either in the command prompt or in VC++ code and Please help me exploring the Messages table records either through command prompt or using VC++ code.
February 27th 07 02:27 AM
by Michael Jennings Go to last post

From The