Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Office 2000 in Vista by
Has anyone been able to fresh install vista n then install office xp? I cant do it . dunno why. -- www.xpindia.com
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 19th 07 01:15 AM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
49 807
I nominate vista as the worse OS ever! by
Oh.. I nominate it not only for the worst OS awards... I also nominate it for the worst software of ANY kind!!! Its a pile of CRAP! Sure there have been some other flops in the past, like microsoft Bob.. But ONLY Vista has the potential to screw up so many computers since its spreading like a cancer on all new computers!!!
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 13th 07 09:21 AM
by Hank Arnold (MVP) Go to last post
18 707
Dear Microsoft, Please Fix Problems With Windows Vista RTM Windows Update Immediately. by
Dear Microsoft, Please Fix Problems With Windows Vista RTM Windows Update Immediately. Kevin John Panzke (MSDN Operating Systems Level Subscriber and Microsoft Tech Net Direct Subscriber).
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 13th 07 02:11 AM
by Karen Jane Panze Go to last post
34 595
Microsoft Admits That Windows Vista Was Not Ready for the World in January 2007 by
- But blames the world for it...By: Marius Oiaga, Technology News Editor http://news.softpedia.com/news/Microsoft-Admits-Windows-Vista-Was-not-Ready-for-the-World-in-January-2007-59681.shtml Microsoft's latest operating system Windows Vista was launched to business on November 30, 2006 and to the general public on January 30, 2007. After the operating system hit the shelves, the first...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 13th 07 04:33 AM
by thetruthhurts @homail.com Go to last post
16 248
Update: Motorola Fixed My Problem With My Order From Their Website, Just FYI. by
Update: Motorola Fixed My Problem With My Order From Their Website, Just FYI. Kevin John Panzke
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 13th 07 02:12 AM
by Karen Jane Panze Go to last post
10 240
KB935807 Fails To Install (Error Code 0X80070002), Just FYI. by
KB935807 Fails To Install (Error Code 0X80070002), Just FYI. Kevin John Panzke
July 14th 07 07:29 AM
by Keith D Go to last post
9 211
FP Extensions, VStudio, SQL by
I heard that VStudio 2005 development (remote) is restricted on Vista due to Vista's inability to use FP Extensions. Is this the case? Are there issues with VStudio 2005 and/or SQL 2005 on Vista?
July 15th 07 03:07 AM
by Mr. Arnold Go to last post
2 235
Vista Updates by
Have there been enough updates available via Microsoft Update to make Vista a more stable and reliable OS or should one wait till SP1?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 9th 07 12:21 AM
by Jupiter Jones [MVP] Go to last post
10 320
The WTF Starts Now by
I think Microsoft should change "The WOW Starts Now" to "The WTF Starts Now". After only one day of using Vista I've come to the realization that it simply wont work for me. All of my hardware is supported, however, most of the applications I require on a day to day basis would not run (or install). I've been doing a lot of reading regarding these type situations and it seems more people...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 30th 07 02:41 AM
by Adam Albright Go to last post
559 6,125
questions about server 2008 beta 3 by
I downloaded the beta 3 and installed it... I was astonished to see that it worked faster than vista!!! This was due to the fact that it lacked many of the "features" that bogged down vista. I know its a server edition and I have no problem with that...many people use win2k3 as a "desktop" too ..
June 24th 07 06:18 PM
by Robbie Go to last post
2 186
Missing 'export' button in contacts? by
Hi, Wanting to export to my contacts from the windows contacts folder and there should be an 'export' button in the upper toolbar (next to organise, burn etc) right? I've tried restoring folders and views to defaults and things but it hasn't appeared, can anyone help me out because I really can't work out where it is. Using Ultimate x32. Thanks for any suggestions, Tom
June 6th 07 05:46 PM
by Go to last post
1 171
Permanently trust program by
Hi, I've installed WinRar, but everytime I run it UAC asks if I want to allow it to run. How can I stop this? I've already said that I trust it, so stop asking me everytime I launch it! Is there any way of permanently trusting a program?
September 11th 09 03:34 AM
by TeflonTrout[_2_] Go to last post
4 225
Placed an Order for a New Gateway Computer, a Windows Vista Ready Computer. by
Gateway DX420B, Subtotal = $499.99, Total = $625.80 (After Tax and Shipping and Handling). Intel Pentium D 925 Processor featuring 2 Processing Cores (3 GHz Processor, 800 MHz Front Side Bus, 2x2 MB Cache, non-HT, EM64T) (Will Upgrade to a Intel Core 2 Duo at a Later Time). Genuine Windows Vista Home Basic (With Backup Windows Vista DVD) (Will Upgrade to Windows Vista Ultimate Edition at a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 8th 07 07:48 PM
by Zim Babwe Go to last post
17 281
VIEW NEWSGROUPS IN OUTLOOK 2007? by
Anyone know how to view a news group (these newsgroups) in outlook 2007? G
March 24th 07 10:54 PM
by Tom Lake Go to last post
5 228
Annoucement: I Love Windows Vista Server Beta 3 Escrow, Just FYI. by
Attention: Windows Vista Naysayer's: If You Hate Windows Vista, You'll Love Windows Vista Server Beta 3 Escrow, Just FYI. You Can Get It Simply By Signing Up For an MSDN Operating Systems Level Subscription, Also Just FYI. Current Build Number Is: Build 6001, Service Pack 1, Service Pack 1 Build 113, Just FYI.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 19th 07 02:50 PM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post
40 635
Router Range by
I know this is off topic, however, I thought someone here might know. I'm looking for a wireles router with a very lengthy range. It is possible to get a router with a range of hundreds of yards? Say for instance 600 yards. I have a high speed connection in an office about 600 yards from another area where I would like internet access on a laptop. Thought I could get that type of range...
April 25th 07 03:49 AM
by Dustin Harper Go to last post
3 215
Bug: Windows Modules Service Is Broken In Windows Server 2008 Beta 3 Web Server Addition. by
Windows Modules Service Is Broken In Windows Server 2008 Beta 3 Web Server Addition. Try Installing All Optional Features At The Same Time And The Install For At Least Some Of The Features Will Always Fail. I Filed 2 Bug Reports Today. Just FYI. Kevin John Panzke (MSDN Operating Systems Level Subscriber) P.S. The Democraticly Controlled U.S. Congress Will Be Considering Artificial Price...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 24th 07 09:56 PM
by Go to last post
26 423
Wierd Issie finding network sub domain by
I am experiencing a very odd issue with a brand new Vista machine in my office. we have a site admin page like this: http://admin.XXXXX.com - where the XXXXX is the domain. This page is only available from within out network or with a VPN. Now this works just fine on every computer. However, on this new vista ultimate machine I am unable access. The browser searches and searches but nothing...
June 2nd 07 08:22 AM
by Ken Schaefer Go to last post
3 196
Windows Media Player Videos by
I have recorded a couple of programs via Windows Media Centre on Vista Ultimate I want to find these videos through the normal interface as I want to trim the videos before I burn them to disc. Can anyone tell me where I can find these recorded videos. Thanks for helping Alan
May 31st 07 11:31 PM
by Go to last post
2 231
Your Picture On The Start Menu .. by !! Picture on Start Menu !!
right after I installed LimeWire and restarted my computer .. my Start Menu changed to where your PICTURE is in the Start Menu and not half way off the Start Menu .. how do u change it back ..? and how my icons in My Computer changed as well .. it change to just to a list and not what is was when i got the computer .. PLEASE HELP ME ANYONE .. PLEASE.
November 8th 07 12:17 PM
by Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin] Go to last post

From The