Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
A tip for IE7 Dev Team - Can someone from MSFT confirm? by Lincoln 6 Echo
Hi, Namely, in IE7 it is impossible to drag a link from a page to the address bar! This is quite useful for example when I know that the link will take open in a new window, but I want it to open in the existing one, simply by dragging a link from a page to the address bar in IE6 does the trick, IE7 does not support it.
September 15th 06 04:34 AM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post
3 264
Bring out a RC1 technical refresh next month !! by ReMeE
I hope Microsoft will release a new downloadable RC1 with bugfixes and new drivers so people who have trouble installing Vista now can try it again. I think the bigest problem why people can't install it right now (like myself) is that the drivers aren't compatible, still in beta or not available yet. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the...
September 15th 06 04:43 AM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post
8 252
Rhapsody Music Service by **__Mike__**
Anyone have any luck getting Rhapsody working? Vista says it 's blocked due to compatability issues, wondering if it's possible to get it going before Real releases a post Vista RTM version. -Mike
September 15th 06 06:16 AM
by Lucifuge752 Go to last post
4 219
Media transfer to PSP on RC1 by NeoDude
I have a Sony PSP (the US version) running Firmware 2.81. I would like to transfer content on my computer to it. For music and photos, there's no issue - I can drag and drop. For movies, however, I need to convert assorted files - AVI files chiefly among them - into MPEG4 files. Unfortunately, none of the three programs I would use for this work on Vista RC1: Nero 6 won't install (it's...
September 15th 06 07:38 AM
by brym Go to last post
1 241
rc1 64 bit dualbooting by smash
i just downloaded window vista rc1 x64, it took 6 hrs on a dsl connection. I have dual booted in the past verison of windows vista beta 2, and i have not had any problems with he vista boot loadeder. that is until i went to dual boot xp pro and rc 1 x64, i dont get the boot loader for vista. I can install it on a clean hd and it works fine,
September 15th 06 07:56 AM
by brym Go to last post
1 235
Vista RC1 crashes with a critical error when accessing an AD domai by serverman
Please help, in testing vista RC1 on our AD domain, when connected, accessing any network resource causes Vista to become unstable and it throws a critical error and must restart. If I take it off the network, it is fine other than its own programs crashing here and there. This is a clean install and we have tried it pre staged in AD and not prestaged. We have installed this on multiple...
September 15th 06 08:20 AM
by serverman Go to last post
0 237
Media Center with Vista doesn't play TV or Videos by Goetz
I got a strange problem with Media Center. I had Windows MCE 2005 installed and everything worked fine. After upgrading to Vista I can record videos and play them (as well as the old recordings) in media player; Live TV and watching any video in media center doesn't work. Hauppauge TV Card and ATI Radeon is installed, Vista Certified PC, all hardware has been found correctly by vista....
September 15th 06 09:26 AM
by Goetz Go to last post
3 237
ACPI errors in event log by Peter M
I keep getting these errors.. IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the device in PCI slot 14, function 0. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance. There are 4 in a row for slot 11,12, 13, and 14. Another Nforce4 board problem?
September 15th 06 10:47 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 202
Running Two Windows by JohnieBs
I have Three Hard Drives 2 80's and 1 160 g, Im running xp pro and Vista, Dual Pros at 3000 ech. and can run 64x but i found there's not much out there for 64x, Things are going well, except for one miner bug, when i close a program windows thinks it stopped running and wants to send a report all the time, any help there? I'm very happy with Vista. -- John W Banias
September 15th 06 10:52 AM
by JohnieBs Go to last post
0 196
RC1 download by Stephen
Hi, I have just noticed that the CPP program is now open again and the download size is quoted as being 3GB for the 32 bit version and 4GB for 64 bit. Does anyone know why when I downloaded RC1 as I was an original CPP participant the download was 2.52GB for 32 bit and 3.5GB for 64 bit. Am I missing something and have to download again?
September 15th 06 11:31 AM
by Jane C Go to last post
1 200
install went great but? by SarcieHuber
just installed the Vista pre-rc1 build 5536 Home edition (went suprisingly well) and was wondering will this evaluation expire? why has Microsoft ended the downloading of hotmail accounts? the security features drive me nuts but getting used to it .-( (left eyeball does not work well) using the Microsoft Office 2007 beta 2 on my XP Home but should I install it on Vista and can I use the...
September 15th 06 12:21 PM
by SarcieHuber Go to last post
3 272
Uninstall Windows Vista by lynmar
"Rick Rogers" wrote: Hi RJ, Boot your WinXP CD, load the Recovery Console by hitting 'r' when first prompted. Logon with the administrator account, run fixmbr, then fixboot from the prompt. Then after loading WinXP on C:\, format the D:\ drive from windows explorer. --
September 15th 06 12:22 PM
by lynmar Go to last post
0 198
Uninstall Windows Vista by lynmar
To: CH I have not been able to install Vista because B2TR has curropted my machine. And they suggested I manually uninstall 2007 Office Beta. Where can I find that uninstall procedure? Thank You. lynmar
September 15th 06 12:27 PM
by lynmar Go to last post
0 182
Downloaded Vista Prerelease candidate but can't activate. by The Internal
I skimmed through a number of posts in this forum, but didn't find any helpful posts thus far. I downloaded the Microsoft Windows Vista Prerelease Candidate 1 from the official Microsoft website, but am not able to find a activation code for it. No code was emailed to me either. I've already written a number of beta client feedbacks to try and help make the product better, but without a...
September 15th 06 12:56 PM
by Isaac Go to last post
6 217
Windows Explorer by JCO
I'm not impressed with the new Windows Explorer that is on Vista. However, if there is a way to get rid of the Favorites, that is displayed on the right side with the folders, that would help me. I do not find this useful and would rather get rid of the favoites if possible. Thanks
September 15th 06 01:06 PM
by JCO Go to last post
5 186
Page hangs with Gecko-based browsers by hb
Page hanging (partial or no load) at http://adobe.com and a handful of other sites, using the SeaMonkey browser (same parent as Mozilla, Netscape, Firefox). I.E. has no problem with those sites. The very same hardware runs XP, and SeaMonkey performs normally there. Anyone noticed similar with Vista and Gecko-based browsers?
September 15th 06 01:10 PM
by gclark Go to last post
1 225
vista boot troubles by Jason
I just installed windows vista RC1, & the install went fine, then I restarted to load xp & I noticed that the vista install isn't on the boot manager, I installed it on a different partition but for some reason it won't show up. can anyone help with this? i think it's fixable by using BCDedit but I can't get it to run on XP, the command window opens then closes
September 15th 06 01:10 PM
by jim_from_il Go to last post
1 199
Disk Space Windows Vista by Barry Phoenix
Does any one know how much space windows Vista uses please. Thanks B.Phoenix
September 15th 06 01:22 PM
by Barry Phoenix Go to last post
2 192
acer laptop partition by Rőbstër
I tried to install RC1 on my Acer notebook. On the first attempt all was fine and my HD was detected. But I didn't want the Acer restore hidden partition (3GB), so I deleted it (I have a Ghost backup btw) So I rebooted, and now I can't create a partition, no 'controller detected'?
September 15th 06 01:51 PM
by Rőbstër Go to last post
0 168
Where can I get blaster and remote control for Media Center? by msmarti58
Question: I don't have a media center pc but now that I have Vista, I want to use it as one. Where can I get the IR blaster and the remote control? I have an external Hauppauge WinTV already but the blaster I have is not recognized in Media Center. I'm assuming you can just go to Microsoft and purchase these things, but someone please point me in the right direction! Thanks!
September 15th 06 01:51 PM
by Leadfoot Go to last post

From The