Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Create a FAX device by Dennis Longnecker
After upgrading to Vista Beta 2, I no linger have any faxes attached to my computer. My builtin modem supports faxing and I was able to send under windows XP. When I click add printer and faxes, there is no option to add a fax, just printers. Any thoughts? Dennis
September 23rd 06 02:43 AM
by Dennis Longnecker Go to last post
5 276
Missing hal.dll file.... by Dave
I installed Vista RC1 into another partition that I created, but now I can't get back to my original Windows Media Center because I keep getting a "Missing Hal.dll file" or something like that. Is anybody else getting this file or just me? Dave
September 23rd 06 02:44 AM
by Jon Willis Go to last post
1 266
Windows.old by Fred
Can I delete windows.old? What's in it that I would need? I installed Vista on a laptop that had, first WinXP Pro then WinXP pro x64. I have program files and program files x64. None of which work. Can I delete those folders? I'd like to clean up the drive and re-install programs Is there any documentation about Vista RC1 5600. Where can I d/L this?
September 23rd 06 02:49 AM
by Rock Go to last post
6 282
Vistadvantage by Eldargod
This is pathetic! How old are you people? I found this thread hoping to find a resolution to a question I was having on RC1, and instead I run into a 3rd grade playground scuffle over whether it's "polite" or "proper" to put your response at the top or bottom? How childish is that? and don't you people realize how childish it is? Are you really that anally retentive, or do you really want...
September 23rd 06 02:56 AM
by Rock Go to last post
3 301
start menu by player_girlie13
my start menu and my desk top icons have dissappeared. Can someone please help me? I am on a windows xp, compaq presario desktop
September 23rd 06 03:20 AM
by Rock Go to last post
1 280
Opening the Vista downloaded program by gregory
What format or program file do I launch the 2.52 gb file I just downloaded. I clicked the launch button and it said "This is not a valid bitmat file or it is not supported. I need to know what valid program will open this file. Gregory
September 23rd 06 03:38 AM
by Rock Go to last post
2 265
Vistadvantage by danbrown
so what about quick reply isnt that top and bottom posting -- danbrown ------------------------------------------------------------------------ danbrown's Profile: http://vista64.net/forums/member.php?userid=5 View this thread: http://vista64.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12513
September 23rd 06 04:12 AM
by danbrown Go to last post
0 234
What happened to Blocking web chat and web email by Daccom
Under parental controls there were the optionst to block web chat and web e-mail but these options are no longer available ,, will they be coming back soon . is there something i have to do so that they will re appear.
September 23rd 06 04:29 AM
by Daccom Go to last post
0 217
Nvidia nForce4 SLI x 16 and Vista RC1 by Jhon
Finally I was able to obtain a copy of Vista RC1 and I was excited about trying it in my computer. However I was not able to install it as it does not recognize any drive in my computer. I went to the Nvidia Website and download it what they have as beta drivers for RC1 and when I try to install it windows is not able to find any drive to install. Is there any driver out there for my...
September 23rd 06 04:44 AM
by Jhon Go to last post
0 210
nforce4 SLI x16 by Jhon
Finally I was able to obtain a copy of Vista RC1 and I was excited about trying it in my computer. However I was not able to install it as it does not recognize any drive in my computer. I went to the Nvidia Website and download it what they have as beta drivers for RC1 and when I try to install it windows is not able to find any drive to install. Is there any driver out there for my...
September 23rd 06 04:45 AM
by Jhon Go to last post
0 197
Nvidia nForce4 SLI x 16 and Vista RC1 by Jhon
Finally I was able to obtain a copy of Vista RC1 and I was excited about trying it in my computer. However I was not able to install it as it does not recognize any drive in my computer. I went to the Nvidia Website and download it what they have as beta drivers for RC1 and when I try to install it windows is not able to find any drive to install. Is there any driver out there for my...
September 23rd 06 04:45 AM
by Jhon Go to last post
0 193
Norton Ghost 10.0 by RScotti
Will Norton Ghost 10.0 work with RC-1? Have a good day, RScotti remove "nospam" in order to email me.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 23rd 06 05:41 AM
by RScotti Go to last post
15 322
FINALLY GOT OVER CODE 43 ERROR !!!! by Isaac \Pliqui\ Abouganem
What i did was this ---- Go into device manager, expand the "Computer" and right click the ACPI Computer, and choose "update driver software" - "browse my computer..." - "let me pick from list...". Then choose the only other option that is available, which should Advanced Configuration and Power Interface PC. After making this change video worked as it should, including Aero with all the...
September 23rd 06 06:38 AM
by Isaac \Pliqui\ Abouganem Go to last post
0 217
5728 Startup Sound by Tom Ziegmann
For those of you that are going to be using 5728, you can now disable the startup sound without a hack! To disable the startup sound, open Control Panel, and then open the Sounds control panel and then on the first tab there is a checkbox that says "Play Windows Startup Sound" uncheck that box and you will be good to go. Also for those of you that are doing any testing with Group Policy in...
September 23rd 06 07:57 AM
by Jeff Go to last post
2 206
Vista hangs on shutdown by Catweazle
When I try to shut down or restart Vista it gets to the shutting down screen and stays there, forever. I have to turn the computer off manually. Is there any way to bypass the pretty shut down screen and see what is actually going on?
September 23rd 06 09:43 AM
by Andreas Hennig Go to last post
3 209
How Will Microsoft Notify Public by drybones
Upon the availability of Vista Beta public release?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 23rd 06 10:04 AM
by Gary Mount Go to last post
10 472
10 Things I Hate About Vista by Graham
Top 10 things I hate about Vista 10 - Dialog boxes keep popping up, even after I click "do not show me this message again" 9 - When I connect my digital camera, Vista automatically opens MS Word (??) and then tells me that "Word doesn't support this device" (!!) XP automatically opened my digital camera software (Zoom Browser) -- now that was smart.
September 23rd 06 10:09 AM
by Graham Go to last post
0 210
XBOX360 - Extender - Hard Drive ? by ecotrojan
Hi, Im in the UK. I installed build 5600 onto my MCE machine (clean install) and attempted to connect my XBOX360 to my Vista MCE machine. I type in the 8 digit code, Vista them completes the 1st two sections etc and finding extender then does not progress. After about 5 minutes an error is shown and the XBOX360 is not connected to the Vista MCE.
September 23rd 06 10:53 AM
by ecotrojan Go to last post
0 273
Browsing Problem (SPI problem ?) by LoboLoco
I've never seen a router/firewall that checking/verifying the receive-window field in the TCP header... Also, Unix machines do change the receive-window parameter on the fly and still they manage to work via any router/firewall I know, so what the different with Vista? (Just for the record, Unix machines changes the receive-window parameter for all active TCP session according to system status...
September 23rd 06 11:51 AM
by LoboLoco Go to last post
0 270
Vista on ACER Notebook (FYI) by LS \(V\)
I have installed Vista RC1 has installed on Acer 3000LCi Notebook. AMD 3100+, 512 RAM, 64 MB Video Mem Runs ok (Just a little slower than XP) Modem, Wireless Lan, Video, and Sound installed with no additional drivers needed. This one does tak a good while to install! No real problems. Lawrence Systems
September 23rd 06 12:24 PM
by Beck Go to last post

From The