No analog sound from Realtek HD Audio by Dogbytes
Here is a link to get the driver for the sould card used by many PC's with Media Center factory installed, especially HP. When I first upgraded to Vista Home Premium I could not get any analog sound out of my computer. The driver .exe file is the 4th one down. http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=6&PFid=6&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false Good luck...
April 20th 07 06:40 PM
by frans-jan Go to last post
6 149
Drivers get lost and reinstalled on every restart. by Doggy_v345
Hi, Vista has to seem some problem to keep drivers: - for some mainboard chipset component (VIA Standard PCI to PCI Bridge) - for my TV Tuner Card (Hauppauge WINTV PVR PCI II) These drivers get installed successfully, but after a restart they seem to be lost, and get reinstalled automatically again. The chipset drivers (VIA Standard PCI to PCI Bridge) are not officially
December 12th 06 06:30 PM
by Gary G. Little Go to last post
1 159
Audio stops working eventually until restart by DogHead
Mine starts, as well, but then sometimes stops or audio quality starts breaking up. Tried different sound configurations, but that didn't help. "suv" wrote: I had the same problem on my laptop. For no reason whatsever, the audio suddenly stopped when playing on WMP and I had to restart. The problem I found was with a sound card driver upgrade by Windows. I rolled back the sound card...
January 31st 07 10:23 PM
by DogHead Go to last post
0 179
Can't explore or open a CD or DVD disk. Vista trys to Format Disks by Dogsbody
If I click on either of my two DVD-R drives to open or explore the contents of the disks. Vista pops up asking what to label the disk when it formats it. It's the same with bothe DVD-R drives. I can only view the drive using search *.* Help please.
January 23rd 08 02:06 AM
by Cal Bear '66[_2_] Go to last post
5 141
Yellow Line during Startup by dogtree
Just got a new HP computer with Vista Home Premium. I love it but after I did the 14 suggested updates I get black screen with a vertical yellow line during start up. It didn't do that before the update. It does go away when the start up screen comes up. Should this be a concern ?I have the HP 19 inch wide screen monitor.
March 20th 07 02:38 PM
by Steve Thackery Go to last post
1 86
random shutdown, crash, power management problem by dohoon
Hi, After upgrading from xp (clean install) to vista ultimate, my pc does one of these things: crash (screen freezes, keyboard, mouse does not work and have to reboot) black screen (num lock on, keyboard locks, usb optical mouse on, HDD light off, pc fan & power on, have to reboot) When my pc is off, num lock on keyboard stays on and when I press the mouse button, the red light comes on. ...
May 9th 07 01:05 PM
by emanon Go to last post
1 141
Broadcom/Broadcomm WiFi installed, seems like working but dead by Doker
Hi. I've go Vista RC2 x64 on my Acer Aspire 5020 (5024) with (as it's written on its back) Broadcomm BCM 94318MPG. It installs perfectly with drivers embeded in windows, and the driver name after installation is (in Device Management) Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter. Driver's version and date are 4.82.28.55 and 2006-06-21. System sais of no problems with the driver.
October 30th 06 08:29 PM
by Doker Go to last post
2 147
Keyboard locked by dolores01
Hello all My keyboard seems to be locked and I can't type anthing. I have a Dell Inspiron 1501(three yrs old). I pressed the fn key with the number lock key and that didn't work. Can someone please help. Thx Dolores
April 30th 10 07:57 AM
by kristain Go to last post
4 524
Keyboard locked by dolores01
Hello all My keyboard seems to be locked and I can't type anthing. I have a Dell Inspiron 1501(three yrs old). I pressed the fn key with the number lock key and that didn't work. Can someone please help. Thx Dolores
April 24th 10 02:51 AM
by dolores01 Go to last post
0 466
Changing drive icons/labels for multi-card readers in My Computer by Dom
I recently added a multi-card reader to my desktop running Vista Premium. Now in My Computer, I have 4 drive letters, and each is labeled as "Removable Drive". I've been experimenting trying to get them to show up with an icon that corresponds to the type of card that particular drive reads. Now I'm no whiz, but so far what I've been able to figure out is this: If I use the registry and...
April 2nd 08 09:40 PM
by wazza Go to last post
1 140
itunes error message by Dom
can anyone tell me what this means and how to fix it. "The itunes library file cannot be saved. You do not have enough access privileges for this operation" i get this message when i am importing cd's.
April 17th 07 04:48 PM
by Steve Marriott Go to last post
5 234
no network connections after windows update by Domd
Hi all I recently updated my vista home and since then I have no network connections whatsoever. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for my Intel pro/wireless 3945 ABG network connection and it still doesnt work. I emailed microsoft support and after 2 days they said check the knowledge base or post here... Any ideas?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 3rd 10 08:25 AM
by Barb Bowman Go to last post
32 1,336
no network connections after windows update by Domd
Hi all I recently updated my vista home and since then I have no network connections whatsoever. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for my Intel pro/wireless 3945 ABG network connection and it still doesnt work. I emailed microsoft support and after 2 days they said check the knowledge base or post here... Any ideas?
February 18th 10 10:27 PM
by Domd Go to last post
0 309
Brother MFC 9600 built in drivers don't work by domenchini
I am having issues with the built in brother MFC-9600 multifunction printer drivers. The printer only prints out a blank page. I contacted Brother support and determined that it is not a hardware issue as we were able to emulate the brother printer driver using the built in HP Laserjet IIP driver. Using the HP driver, the document prints fine (but not at a decent resolution that the...
August 22nd 08 04:38 AM
by domenchini Go to last post
4 211
Blue Screen upon USB Drive Insertion by Domenick
I've been using this SwissMemory USB drive for a couple years now on the same computer system (an HP Pavillion notebook, Vista Ultimate 32-bit). As of just yesterday, I can no longer access the drive. As soon as I plug it in, I get a Blue Screen with the Stop Error 0x8E and my computer reboots. If I plug the drive in before windows finishes booting, I can access the drive just fine. However,...
March 18th 10 02:09 PM
by Domenick Go to last post
0 401
Blue Screen upon USB Drive Insertion by Domenick
I've been using this SwissMemory USB drive for a couple years now on the same computer system (an HP Pavillion notebook, Vista Ultimate 32-bit). As of just yesterday, I can no longer access the drive. As soon as I plug it in, I get a Blue Screen with the Stop Error 0x8E and my computer reboots. If I plug the drive in before windows finishes booting, I can access the drive just fine. However,...
March 18th 10 03:49 PM
by Badger[_3_] Go to last post
4 494
Dual Monitor wreaks havoc; how to turn off? by Domenick
I have a zd8000 notebook with Vista Home Premium (all crit. & rec. updates), and ATI Mobility Radeon X600 graphics (latest driver). Now, the zd8k isn't "certified" for Vista, so hp pretty much hangs up on me when I try to get help from them. Microsoft might do the same, I'm not sure. But it's been working like a dream except for this small issue... I have an LCD plugged into the standard VGA...
November 20th 07 06:00 PM
by Domenick Go to last post
0 105
Vista Ethernet driver for Albatron mainboard by dominator[_2_]
I have recently installed Vista and am having many difficulties finding an Ethernet driver for my mainboard: Albatron 865pe pro2 i have searched the manufacturers website with no success can anyone help please
August 3rd 07 10:54 PM
by frogstomp Go to last post
3 134
Vista Ehernet driver for Albatron mainboard by dominator[_2_]
i have recently installed Vista and am having troubles locating an ethernet driver for my mainboad: albatron 865pe pro2 I have search the manufacturers website with no luck can anyone help please
August 2nd 07 02:01 PM
by David B. Go to last post
1 147
Motherboard Driver Loss on Re-boot by Dominic
(when gaming) I am running VISTA Business (Service Pack 1) with an Asus M2V Mobo. The processer is a AMD Athlon 64 Dual Core 2.4 GHZ. Whenever the system reboots, VISTA re-installs the drivers for the Motherboard (ATA controller etc. etc.) Windows Defender is off. I am using the Asus VISTA drivers. Also, I have noted that VISTA frame rates are noticeably lower than the same system with XP...
April 2nd 08 03:14 AM
by Quaoar[_2_] Go to last post

From The