Very low audio output in my new Lenovo laptop by Bulan
Hi, I just bought a Lenovo 3000 series, Y500 laptop with Vista Home Basic preinstalled. It has Realtek HD audio and Dolby digital technology in-built. But the speakers emit very low sound with full volume. Headphone volume level is OK. Disabling the Realtek Dolby Digital output devices, and only keeping the Speakers as sound output device, increases the sound level to some extent.
May 16th 07 05:29 PM
by Bulan Go to last post
0 99
external disk defragment by Jom O
I am running Vista preminum on a laptop. I use an external hard drive to store pictures and music. I would like to defrag this dirive but I can't figure out how to do that? I need your help.
May 16th 07 05:43 PM
by Jom O Go to last post
2 107
No longer hearing sound by Silver Fox
I have been just using my monitors speakers and they have been working fine with windows ultimate until just barely. I was just using windows looking on the internet. I left and it had logged me off, like normal, but when I logged back in the sound no longer worked. I have turned off the computer, reset it, updated windows with everything that was available. I guess though the wierdest...
May 16th 07 05:48 PM
by Andi Go to last post
1 117
windows vista drivers by [email protected]
can any one help me with a free web site that have an upgrade for a device drivers for windows vista i have my Sat Pci card it works fine on windows xp but in vista i need the drivers some help plz
May 16th 07 06:24 PM
by jmcd02 Go to last post
3 105
Vista Recovery Disc Hangs by [email protected]
I am getting an error when booting my computer. It says "BOOTMGR is missing pres CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart." I read online that to fix this problem I need to boot off the CD/DVD and select Startup Repair. I am unable to do this b/c whenever I boot off the CD it goes to the screen where it says "Select a Language", but then it just hangs. I cannot use neither the mouse or the keyboard to select...
May 16th 07 11:50 PM
by Andy Sweet [MSFT] Go to last post
1 96
installing a pentax web camera on windows vista by philrazor
i am trying to install my option e10 pentax. i have the software and all. when i hit install in the Vista environment, the traditional Win MX type of installing mechanism comes up, then it stops with a Vista window popping up asking for a file that's not anywhere to be found. I have to say i am getting seriously flustered by vista. on win mx everything used to work no whasoever problem in...
May 17th 07 12:04 AM
by philrazor Go to last post
0 102
DVD-RW not showing up by baysick415
so i wanted to install something and i put a cd in and it cant find it then i noticed it says This device cannot start. (Code 10) at the device manager i have no idea how to make it work someone please help thanks
May 17th 07 01:26 AM
by pharm2006 Go to last post
5 161
dividing motherboard by mitchel von dutch
hey you guys, I have got a question i have a new notebook, and want to have both vista and xp because of the compatabilaty (sorry i'm dutch) of vista with a lot of programs. now my problem: how do i make this happen? i don't know how to divide my 200GB or do i have to make another account on my notebook
May 17th 07 01:46 AM
by GreenieLeBrun Go to last post
2 125
WHQL nvidia nforce4 SATA driver BREAKS activation by nb
The nforce4 update available through Windows Update actually BREAKS activation. After installing the update, Vista becomes un-activated. Rolling back the driver seems to "fix" activation again. Nice going Microsoft. I guess WHQL is meaningless since you obviously don't test this stuff. How about getting rid of all this "activation" nonsense so we don't have to worry every time we update a...
May 17th 07 02:10 AM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
4 139
Bluetooth Mouse and Vista Ultimate by Garyrmn
I have an Apple MacBookPro that is partioned for both Mac OS and Windows Vista Ultimate, I use an Apple bluetooth mouse, when I boot my system in Vista partition the computer will not sync with my mouse, I have to remove it from bluetooth and re-instal every time, i'm sure this can't be right and that there must be a way of adding my mouse so it auto detects, but can't find how to do it....
May 17th 07 03:19 AM
by Garyrmn Go to last post
0 133
Gforce cards + VIA pt880 ultra by Abram730
There is a problem with the pt880 ultra and Gforce cards. The basic driver with vista kind of works...well it is stable but slow. The 97.46 driver also has problems. Every driver after that have masive video corruption and there are alot of us with the identical problem and different types of cards and mobo's. With or without the VIA 4 in 1 doesn't affect the issue. e6600 2gb ram 667 7800gs
May 17th 07 04:45 AM
by Abram730 Go to last post
0 127
any luck with VX-1300 on Vista x64? by Charlie Blank
Hi, did anybody have luck with the version 1.3 (latest) drivers provided by Microsoft for the Microsoft VX-3000 Webcam? As soon as I am activating the device (e.g. pushing the button) - the application (e.g. Live Messenger) hangs. Karlheinz
May 17th 07 09:22 AM
by Charlie Blank Go to last post
0 94
Usb-irda adapter by Vittorio Dante Cotti
Hallo, somone could tell me what usb-irda adapter buy to work with Vista ultimate? I can't be able to find no one that support Vista Ultimate. Thanks in advance, Vittorio Dante Cotti.
May 17th 07 09:48 AM
by Vittorio Dante Cotti Go to last post
0 93
installing web cam problems on vista by philrazor
When i try to install my pentax camera as a webcam using the CD rom that came with the camera, it automatically opens an installer based on the old windows MX kind of interface. Then a windows vista pop up comes up, asking for a file stream.sys. the thing is that it won't find it although it is actually there in the windows-system32-drivers folder. I don't understand why it won't find it...
May 17th 07 10:08 AM
by philrazor Go to last post
0 85
Native resolution not supported on Vista, it drives me mad! by Cowlumbus
I am using this forum as a last resort. I have installed Windows Vista (Home Premium) over a month ago and still can't set the monitor resolution to its native 1280x768 (75Hz). I have tried the following: 1. Installed the very latest display drivers from NVidia, even the beta ones. My graphics adapter is an Nvidia 8800GTS. I tried these versions: 100.65, 101.41, 158.18, 158.43. 2. Added...
May 17th 07 01:15 PM
by JW Go to last post
2 110
From VISTA back to XPSP2 by nanabeej
My new eMachine came with VISTA, but some of my software, the printer, camera, etc. would not work with VISTA, so I installed XPSP2. NOW, I have no sound. I have looked for the driver that would allow the audio devices to work with XP, but have been unsuccessful. My audio driver, as well as the video capture device, are labeled "legacy". The eMachine site offers drivers for the devices...
May 17th 07 02:40 PM
by Bob Knowlden Go to last post
7 123
SATA disk disappears after deleting Volume Shadow Copy by system, Update for Visual Studio 2005 , KB932232 by Tony
Hi there. A really funny thing happend on my way to the forum this morning :-) After Microsoft's Update service installed the update for Visual Studio 2005 , KB932232 My Maxtor SATA disk completely disappeared (error (0x80070015) in the logs. According to the Windows Vista Ultimate System log and App logs Windows was deleting a Volume Shadow Copy right before this happened
May 17th 07 04:31 PM
by freddy Go to last post
1 132
USB Devices by gallacp
Hi Is anyone else having problems with Mediaplayer recognising usb connect devices ? I connect my Iriver HD MP3 player to the PC a Dell E520 running Vista Home premium. The PC recognises it I can browse the device, copy stuff to and fro via explorer so all appears to be ok. However Mediaplayer does not recognise it has a connected device, its basically nothing more than an external mass...
May 17th 07 04:48 PM
by freddy Go to last post
1 95
Audio device driver installation failure by VEGO
Hi there, I just istalled Vista home premium on my Fujitsu N6010 which works just fine except my audio. Vista can't install or find driver for my SigmaTel STAC9766 - AC '97 Compliant Codec audio controller. First I upgraded from XP directly and I just had too much problems and bugs, so I decided to back up my files and format my HD and install Vista clean. Now everything else is fine except...
May 17th 07 07:10 PM
by VEGO Go to last post
2 112
Nvidia Drivers... then nothing by secretagent_007
I'm having this exact same issue. I have the newest drivers from Nvidia, and I've tried the beta drviers too. Blank screen after boot up. Was there ever any kind of fix for this, or do I just have to hope Nvidia starts making drivers that are actually operational? "enchanterku" wrote: Hello, I'm running AMD 3700+ and (2) XFX 6600LE on an MSI K8N-Neo4 SLI Platinum. I installed the...
May 17th 07 07:11 PM
by secretagent_007 Go to last post

From The