Problems connecting USB devices in Windows Vista by Carlos Garcia
I have got Windows Vista Ultimate (language: spanish) installed on my laptop and I am having problems when I try to connect devices using the USB port (I have got 4 of them). Synthoms: I cannot use any device connected to any of my 4 USB ports, because Windows tells me that it is been impossible to find the appropriate device driver for my hardware (like a pendrive, a card reader, an...
May 22nd 07 09:40 PM
by Carlos Garcia Go to last post
4 133
Loss of audio by erikdenkers
I have ASUS P5P800 Motherboard with Integrated SoundMax Audio. Windows Vista Ultimate automatically detected and installed drivers for this. When I initially boot up the system the sound works for all applications, however, if I don't use my computer for a while, then go back on, I have no sound unless I manually go into the sound control panel and do some change to configuration, then sound...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 22nd 07 10:05 PM
by Raymond Day Go to last post
12 254
HP 6210 manual two-sided print in Vista by Jude
My HP 6210 all-in-one will not print manual two-sided in Vista. Instead it prints all the pages without the usual pause to reinsert the pages. Checked with HP website and verified most recent software. ANY ideas?
May 22nd 07 10:34 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
2 115
Micropone issue by J.
I have a problem. My husband and I have identical Inspiron E1505's. I have a microphone/earpiece I bought from best buy 3 days ago. I worked for 2 days. when I pluged it in I got the notification pop up telling me vista found a mic and asking what it should do. Now when I plug it, it does not pop up the window, and I get nothing. The earpiece works fine. My husband has same, his mic...
May 22nd 07 11:45 PM
by J. Go to last post
0 148
internet ? by oziboy
I use a netcomm internal modem {in5699_4} and have configured it properly__ it only has drivers for XP and cannot find any for Vista__the error is :wrong password__ or server busy try again: anyone having the same problem__? With Kind Regards From Willofaustralia
May 23rd 07 02:07 AM
by freddy Go to last post
1 131
HDTV Video Set-up by jbateson
I have a new Hyundai 32" LCD HDTV with analog and HDMI inputs. I have tried to get a driver from Hyundai without success. Using the analog connection, the monitor should be capable of 1366 x 768 resolution. However, I cannot set the resolution any higher than 1024 x 768 in Vista. Does anyone know a solution? I tried downloading a Viewsonic driver but I couldn't make that work. HDMI is...
May 23rd 07 02:19 AM
by jbateson Go to last post
2 113
Dv Camcorder Import Problems by Paidion
I've been trying to import video from my Samsung dv camcorder to Windows Vista's Movie Maker. At first Vista wouldn't recognize the camcorder so I downloaded the Driver made specifically for Vista. After installing the driver movie maker still tells me that it cannot find a compatible digital video device. So I follow the help instructions and hit up the device manager. The DM tells me...
May 23rd 07 03:33 AM
by Adli N Go to last post
3 126
Video card install problem by Sihing
I have two cards set up in SLI mode and I am trying to update the drivers, I have the Vista drivers from Nvidia. When I try to install them Vista tells me that access is denied. I am the only user on this machine under Admin. Could someone please tell me why this is and how to fix this. Thanks!!
May 23rd 07 04:42 AM
by Sihing Go to last post
2 130
Parameter Is Incoreect Error when installing External USB Mass Sto by MDBS
I just upgraded to Vista Ultimate and now my WD My Book & my iPod will not install. the computer recognizes them as USB Mass Storage Devices, but when it tries to install the Specific Devices Drivers it comes back with Failed due to "The Parameter is Incorrect". They worked fine before I upgraded and there was nothing on the Upgrade Advisor about compatibilty issues of any kind. PLEASE...
May 23rd 07 05:46 AM
by Brandon Go to last post
8 145
How to disable DfrgNtfs.exe? by akita
I recently noticed that whenever my laptop is an idle mode for a prolonged time, DfrgNtfs.exe comes in. I understand that this Vista’s native Disk Defragmenter. Since I am using Raxco’s Disk Defragmentation Utility, which seems to do a far better (and faster) job then the native Defragmenter, I would like to turn DfrgNtfs.exe off so that it no longer runs when the system is idle. The...
May 23rd 07 07:21 AM
by Rock Go to last post
3 137
Weird stuff going on! by Senior IT Support Engineer
Hey all! This is my first and I don't think my last message to the board. I'v used and tested all Windows Vista beta versions I'v gotten my hands on, and now that the final version came out I'v postponed the final testing. Now that the company I work for could buy computers with Windows Vista I'v ran myself in to a situation that I just need to check if this OS is any good. Sadly to say - I...
May 23rd 07 08:05 AM
by Neo Go to last post
6 98
Vista Business with Fingerprint Reader by xfile
Hi, I was told by Dell sales that Vista Business does not support current fingerprint reader. Does anyone use fingerprint reader (any brands on any systems) with Vista? Thanks in advance.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 23rd 07 09:32 AM
by xfile Go to last post
10 201
ATI Radeon 9800 and AMD Opteron 180 by cdgaefke
I have a MSI Neo2 Platinum (nVidia nforce 3 ultra chipset). One of the last AMD 939 AGP boards made. I have an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro. With Vista 32 and Vista 64, the ATI drivers, and even Microsoft's drivers, worked just fine - when I had an AMD 64 3000+ CPU in it. I just put in a shiny new AMD Opteron 180, and all the sudden the drivers are failing, both in 64 and 32. Installing the...
May 23rd 07 11:41 AM
by cdgaefke Go to last post
7 108
dvd drive wont work by michael g
when i insert a disc into the drive, nothing will show up, as if it doesnt read it. I've put in multiple discs, dvds, cds, ect but it wont read. When i double click it in the computer section, it says insert a cd even though there is already one in there.
May 23rd 07 12:37 PM
by freddy Go to last post
1 86
Why does the only user need "permission"? by Ike
Dell laptop, Vista Home Premium. I'm the only user since day one, and a generally delighted user I might add, with far fewer issues than when I went from 3.1 to 95, or 98 to 2000, as examples. But there are frustrations, and the matter of "permission" is high on the list. I want to perform some ordinary task such as shift some folders around, and often get a "You must have permission..."...
May 23rd 07 12:58 PM
by freddy Go to last post
4 108
VMware Server on Longhorn (Vista and co.) - how to? (unsigned driver) by sp
VMware Server on Longhorn - how to? I installed VMware server version 1.0.3 on Longhorn Beta 3 but I can not start, bacause VMAuthdService (VMware Authorization Service) is depents on VMware vmx86. Someone said that vmx86 is a device driver. And Vista and co. are not lucky if the user tries to install the unsigned driver. Is it any workaround to install unsigned driver on Longhorn?
May 23rd 07 01:05 PM
by mikeyhsd Go to last post
1 94
sounds by peter S
had sound then had problem with paltalk they helped with setting now have earphones but no speakers ? ive tried playing with evrything in sound .. help help
May 23rd 07 02:51 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
1 194
Vista Back-up and Restore by OldSquid
What does it take to get Vista to back-up to tape? And why on earth would Microsoft break this?? Vista Ultimate 32Bit. Sony AIT-1 Turbo tape drive. Drivers installed, drive can be found in the device manager. Frustrating!!
May 23rd 07 04:37 PM
by OldSquid Go to last post
1 103
One Solution to DVD Drive Problem by Hsherman
Have been seeing a lot of problems on this newsgroup with Vista not recognizing DVD drives. For what its worth, here is how I fixed mine. I had both an LG DVD writer and and a LG removable USB flash drive. On Beta 2 and RC-1, everything was fine. However, after upgrading RC-1 to Home Premium and installing updates, only the USB flash drive showed as installed. The DVD writer was missing...
May 23rd 07 05:14 PM
by freddy Go to last post
2 153
Cant find Printer Through a Linksys Router. by Ross
This is NOT a wirless router. I use a Belkin (Blue) Wire to connect my vista premium to my xp. I cant find my Helwett Packard Deskjet 930c Printer (connected to xp) from my Vista. I dont know how i can find it, please help;
May 23rd 07 08:14 PM
by Kurt Herman Go to last post

From The