How to remove Linksys Wireless Driver in registry by GeraldF
My original network configuration for Vista Premium included 2 network cards, one an Nvidia wired and one a Wireless G linksys. I removed the Wireless card, as I no longer need the Wireless network. Unfortunately, when Vista boots, if I do not finish logging onto the OS withing 5 minutes the OS unloads the nvidia network driver and the OS seeks the Wireless network instead. If I log in at...
September 1st 07 07:22 PM
by Qfreed[_2_] Go to last post
2 195
Vista Asus A8N SLI and NVIDIA General Purpose Ring0 Driver by GeraldF
Does anyone know what the problem is with the Ring0 Driver used by this board and Vista Compatablility. Is the Ring0 Driver part of the video driver for Nvidia? It is my understanding from reading the forum that Vista Does not support SLI, is that because the SLI drivers were not available at release? Is it Nvidia's responsibility to produce these drivers?
February 18th 07 10:54 PM
by JW Go to last post
3 164
Asus SLI NVidia Force4 with 6600 Video. Vista install OK? by GeraldF
Anyone have experience with this combination. I've heard of troubles with Nvidia drivers Comments appreciated
February 1st 07 06:21 AM
by GeraldF Go to last post
2 137
ATI Mobility Radeon 9200 - HP Compaq NX7000 by Gerard
I'm having a big problem with the vista built-in driver for ATI Mobility Radeon 9200 on a HP Notebook. With the notebook panoramic-flat it doesn't work (it seems screen refresh it's not ok), but it works good with an external screen. The only solution is using Standard-VGA driver or ATI-MRadeon9200 Windows XP driver, which reduces drastically performance. Any idea?
September 29th 06 06:49 AM
by Gerard Go to last post
0 277
Nikon D40 not recognized - MTP/PTP not working? by Gerard
The D40 is a MTP/PTP device. When I connect it, Vista asks for a driver CD. The CD with the camera does not have a (correct) driver. I thought that MTP/PTP devices were recognized by Vista (Home Premium) without additional drivers? Some web searches suggested that a mdwmdmsp.dll should be present on my system -- search cannot find it. Any ideas on how I can see that MTP drivers, WMDM...
May 28th 08 09:04 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
3 137
Slow access to SATA drive by Gerard Frantz
Hi, I've just installed the release version of Vista Ultimate. I did a clean install, formatting the C drive (80 GB SATA). Everything works fine. Now, I have a second drive: Maxtor 250 GB SATA 2 (AHCI). When I access it from Vista, I have some delays accessing the drive: sometimes it works fine, sometimes I have to wait a minute or two to get an answer. I mounted the drive on a XP SP2...
December 24th 06 06:04 PM
by JW Go to last post
3 264
Support for Firewire 800 (1394b) by Gerhardo
Does anybody know whether Vista SP1 will include native support for Firewire 800. According to an entry in Wikipedia, it does not support it right now. I could not get a Firewire 800 drive to work on my box which seems to confirm what the entry said. The device ran, but I had to hook it up to a Firewire 400 port. I did not see any mention of 1394b support in the discussions of features in...
October 29th 07 09:49 PM
by Wander Jr. Go to last post
1 119
Memory seen on 32-bit Vista Ultimate by GeriL
Question is when a computer has 4 GB of RAM and memory seen by the OS is only 2.5 GB. What is the issue?
January 23rd 08 05:27 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 132
PC Crashing when going into hibernation - network related by gerlinky
My PC had a complete 'factory reset' a few weeks back as a result of a fatal error. I do not know what caused it but have just got my PC back to its former state with regards to software and files, including installing all the Windows updates - to bring my machine up to date (again). Today I have experienced several instances where the PC has rebooted following hibernation. Following the...
October 27th 08 06:38 PM
by gerlinky Go to last post
0 295
Sound by germ
Hi, i have a bit of a funny one. I have windows vista businness edition (32 bit), and the sound on my machine has stopped working. It happened after i hibernated. Since then i have re-installed the sound drivers, downloaded patches left right and centre, and nothing has worked so far. I had a similar issue a few months ago, and then i did a system restore to fix the issue, and it worked......
December 7th 07 02:10 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
9 195
I do not recognize a USB port in either by [email protected]
I do not recognize a USB port in either ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message...
May 14th 08 02:51 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 149
Vista + eSata no plug and play. Drive does not show up by GermanJulian
Hi, I have 2 eSata drives (only 1 is always plugged in and normally off). When I switch it on the drive should come up in My Computer as another HD like in XP but in Vista nothing happens. Also I cannot see it in "Disk Management". When I restart the computer with the eSATA drive on it shows up in Vista and works correctly. When I switch it off and replace it with the other eSata drive (I...
March 28th 07 07:47 PM
by Jason Knutson Go to last post
2 128
viewsonic monitor by Geronimo
For some strange reason I can not get maximum resolution on my Viewsonic LCS monitor. Same monitor on XP worked perfectly. Any ideas?
June 2nd 07 02:27 AM
by dev Go to last post
1 99
bluetooth by Gerrit
Hello, I have a bluetooth dongle from Sitecom. software installed on vista with sp2 and it works. Then add bluetooth device and it works. Then nokia pc suite it out and tell a nokia n73 connection is via bluetooth. then think he and I get the message Bluetooh periphal device found .... to install, does not. Other phone nokia 5800 .. same story. according to the vista from the nokia site...
September 28th 09 08:44 PM
by smlunatick Go to last post
1 215
Driver reported an error.. what error? by GerritH
The upgrade advisor says I can run vista, and in a certain way I can... but 60 Hz gets to me after a couple of hours. The ATI drivers designed for Vista RC1 (date 9/2/2006) are unable to comunicate with the graphics card. Reason: Code 43 - Driver reported an error in system manager (also the default MS drivers). There are a lot of topics on this issue, many people have this problem. Some...
October 5th 06 08:12 PM
by GerritH Go to last post
0 143
Driver reported an error.. what error? by GerritH
The upgrade advisor says I can run vista, and in a certain way I can... but 60 Hz gets to me after a couple of hours. The ATI drivers designed for Vista RC1 (date 9/2/2006) are unable to comunicate with the graphics card. Reason: Code 43 - Driver reported an error in system manager (also the default MS drivers). There are a lot of topics on this issue, many people have this problem. Some...
October 5th 06 08:11 PM
by GerritH Go to last post
0 143
March 5th 07 11:20 PM
by Jdr Go to last post
4 167
Help with my Samsung 913t LCD monitor, please ... by Gerry
My monitor will not set up properly ... all I can set is 640 by 480 pixel resolution and Medium (16 bit) colors. Does anyone know where I can get a driver that Vista supports?
March 4th 07 01:36 PM
by Malke Go to last post
8 327
SATA DVD-RW Problems with Vista RTM x64 by Gerry
I've tried 2 different SATA DVD-RW drives now and Vista does not recognize them as writeable devices - but read only devices: 1) Plextor PX-755SA (Firmware version 1.06) 2) Samsung SH-S183L (Firmware version SB00) DVD-RW device connected to a JMicron JMB363 controller (on an ASUS P5B Deluxe Wi-Fi/AP motherboard - 0804 Bios - configured as AHCI - JMicron 1.17.3.2 Vista driver).
January 3rd 07 04:03 AM
by William F. Kinsley Go to last post
6 192
HP Scanner 4300C by Gerry Cornell
Dual booting Vista and Windows XP. I cannot use the scanner in Vista because there is and there will not be a suitable driver for the device. The scanner works fine in Windows XP. My problem is that Vista is like a dog with a bone. It constantly reminds me about the driver issue and the system sees it as a performance issue. I need to leave the scanner physically connected to the computer....
April 25th 07 07:53 AM
by Gerry Cornell Go to last post

From The