USB Keyboard Driver problems by Darz
Hi, I am trying to use my Logitech keyboard on my laptop (which is running vista) and when i plug in the USB it tells me that windows cannot locate the driver. I have spoken with the logitech support team and I have downloaded setpoint but the device is still not working. I took the keyboard to work and plugged it into my work computer as well as
July 31st 07 02:10 AM
by Darz Go to last post
0 98
vista and usb maxtor onetouch mini lll by laceytee
Can anyone help with my maxtor mini one touch lll... I have the drivers in the system, but vista refuses to find it.. I have both usb power cables plugged in, I also went to segates website and supposedly chatted to a tech, NO FREEKING help... promptly at the time they close he disconnected, I was told to contact Microsoft for the issue. The drive is found in my xp comp with no prob, the...
July 31st 07 02:46 AM
by laceytee Go to last post
0 92
DSN Error message by oldman
When my system boots I get the following error and do not know where to look. Can someone please help. Message on Screen: DNS Failed to load control 'socketxctl' from socketx.ocx. Your version of socketx.ocx maybe outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application.
July 31st 07 04:11 AM
by oldman Go to last post
0 111
Video card on HP a844n by Kevin
Hello, I've upgraded from Windows XP Home to Windows Vista Home Premium. Everything works fine except the frequent(1-2 times a day) 'blue screen' and then crash. Needless to say this is really *&^%%$#@ irritating. I tried to upgrade my video card nased on HP's recommendation. However the PC I have does not have the capability to upgrade to what I need for Vista. Is there some part of Vista...
July 31st 07 04:42 AM
by Himanshu Go to last post
1 100
Any fix for Creative X-FI and Vista64 (Static) yet? by gizbug[_13_]
Using the latest drivers from creative labs website. I boot up vista64 (4gig ram) and all I hear is static. Any fixes for this? Or should I start using my Realtek onboard sound? -- gizbug
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 31st 07 08:12 AM
by gary0371 Go to last post
10 191
Use ExpressCard SSD via PCI-Express instead of USB by gnkieffer
When I plug in my ExpressCard Flash Harddisk it connects via the USB bus (i can see that in the device manager or using the disk´s proprieties). I don´t know how to tell the device to connect via the PCI bus. The card and the computer should be able to do this (it is a standard ExpressCard feature two allow connection via PCI or USB) but i don't know where to change that setting.
July 31st 07 10:00 AM
by gnkieffer Go to last post
6 136
Major Vista Update Available by freddy
All, Found this link about a new Vista update: http://www.neowin.net/index.php?act=view&id=41691 Good news. -- freddy
July 31st 07 10:54 AM
by freddy Go to last post
0 147
SATAII drives drop off in VISTA 32-bit and 64-bit by Bill-K
I starting having problems when I upgraded Windows XP to Vista 32-bit. My SATA II Western Digital 160GB would make noise like the heads were dropping. The OS would freeze and then come back. It got to the point where I could do no work. So I loaded another SATA II Western Digital 160GB with Vista 64-bit and now am experiencing the same problem. When I run diagnostics or let the computer run...
July 31st 07 01:07 PM
by JW Go to last post
1 156
8000 mouse transceiver by Tony Linguini
I bought the mouse for my tablet which already has bluetooth. I know this is a stretch, but couldn't I use the transceiver to add bluetooth capability to another computer? Problem is it shows up by itself as a mouse. Suggestions appreciated. Thanks.
July 31st 07 02:36 PM
by Tony Linguini Go to last post
0 148
Maxtor one touch mini by laceytee
Can anyone help with my maxtor mini one touch lll... I have the drivers in the system, but vista refuses to find it.. I have both usb power cables plugged in, I also went to segates website and supposedly chatted to a tech, NO FREEKING help... promptly at the time they close he disconnected, I was told to contact Microsoft for the issue. The drive is found in my xp comp with no prob, the...
July 31st 07 02:42 PM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
2 154
cd/dvd not recognized by Marcie
I have an Acer 5100. I have only used the dvd drive once and it worked fine. When i tried to use it again it would not open any CD or DVD I tried. It has Mat****a DVD-Ram UJ-850S ATA device and the error message I got when I looked it up in the device manager was: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39). I am running Windows...
July 31st 07 03:20 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
8 110
hp color laserjet 2840 vista 64 bit driver by [email protected]
Just to let people know, I got printing working on the "hp color laserjet 2840" by installing the "HP Universal Print Driver for Windows x64 - PostScript" driver. http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=445197&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=445194&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=2100
July 31st 07 03:22 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 118
Continuous HDD read in Vista by Himanshu
Hi, Just installed Vista. Whenever I start my machine, the HDD continuously reads (or writes, don't know, the HDD activity light is on). There is heavy HDD activity. It doesn't stop at all. Not even after a few hours. So I checked in Task Manager and nothing suspicious there. So I closed a few dumb programs that I don't use - like WinMail and others. The HDD acticity then stops.
July 31st 07 03:23 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
5 103
TV Tuners by Jayk
Hi, i have two tuners installed but cannot watch a different channel if i am recording! is there a setting i need to go into to tell the system it has two tuners installed? when i set it up i ticked both cards so the system can see then? thanks -- just joining the media centre reverlution!!
July 31st 07 04:51 PM
by JW Go to last post
3 90
wireless card not working on Windows Vista by Ricardo Cunha
I have an Averatec laptop and since I installed Windows Vista my wireless device stopped to work. It’s a built in 802.11 b/g wireless card which worked well on Windows XP. Averatec is refusing to support me because Windows Vista isn’t the original operating system and so it’s not supported. Despite that, there is a label glue in the laptop saying "Windows Vista capable". I can’t be...
July 31st 07 06:19 PM
by John Go to last post
5 114
external hardive by cj
I recently bought a medion notebook and connected a Freecom external drive that I had previously used with my old laptop. No problems , it was recognised and I could access files till the other night when it said it was empty. However Properties is showing 134gb used and 105gb free as it should be. Anybody know how I can access these files ?
July 31st 07 06:38 PM
by cj Go to last post
0 93
Xbox 360 Controller on any Vista PC? by espoir
Hi everyone. I watched Bill Gates keynote on CES 2007 and I heard that I can go to the shop, buy any XBox 360 USB-controller , plug it into my Vista-powered PC and use it in any games. Is that true? No additional software requered? Have anyone tried it?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 31st 07 07:36 PM
by Aldgazar Go to last post
11 190
Need recommendations for KVM that will work with Vista and XP syst by soulsrfing
My current KVM (iogear GCS612A), which I have used flawlessly for 2 XP systems for the past 3 years won't work with my new computer configed with Vista. The monitor signal won't activate the KVM, nor send a signal to the monitor. I was told (by Dell, Iogear, and LG - who makes my monitor) that I need a new KVM, but none on the Vista site are listed as "compatible" or "certified." I tired...
July 31st 07 08:20 PM
by soulsrfing Go to last post
6 167
Windows Update mess with Ethernet, why?? by Pilot-Doofy[_2_]
When Windows updates it turns off my internet connection on my computer. It works fine, but once it restarts from a Windows update it just says I'm connected to an unidentified public network. I turned updates off, but I shouldn't have to do this! What should I do to make updates actually work?
July 31st 07 09:28 PM
by Pilot-Doofy[_2_] Go to last post
0 135
cnaon laser printer driver nightmare by scul
LBP-1210 doesnt work - job spools but nothing happens tried the printer with LPT1 as well as usb pretty sure its got to do with DEP cant find the executable in the dep dialogue area have installed the canon vista driver canon wont help there are few results in google re this machine and i think it is a canon flash in the pan release from around 4 years ago any ideas?
July 31st 07 10:15 PM
by scul Go to last post

From The