New HD reduced my transfer scorre by Troy Marrs
I have an HP a1710n with a barracuda 320 gig sata with 16mg cache and my system crashed. I bought a WD caviar se16 250 gig sata with 16meg cache. My transfer rate score dropped from 5.9 to 5.4. Is this just do to an inferior HD or is their something I can do to increace my score. And is the dif between 5.4 and 5.9 even worth worrying about. Also I need to get a new vid card as my 6150le...
May 30th 07 09:25 PM
by Larry Maturo Go to last post
3 96
readyboost by Troy Marrs
Is my 256mb thumb drive making a difference to my 1gb installed ddr2 pc2-4200, athlon 64 live 4200 dual core system?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 11th 08 05:40 AM
by Spirit[_3_] Go to last post
28 594
Shared IRQs by Troy Marrs
Straight out of the box my hp a1710n has shared irq's. I know in previous versions of windows this was not a good thing. Should I change these?
March 7th 07 09:49 PM
by BSchnur Go to last post
4 144
insert kwy by Troy Marrs
Is there anyway to disable this worthless key?
March 18th 07 01:52 AM
by Troy Marrs Go to last post
0 158
Dell Laptop and Docking Station - behaves differently in XP by Troy Lea
There seems to be some key differences in the way that Vista works with a docking station (from what I am accustom to in XP). All these articles relate to a Dell Latitude D505 using a Dell docking station. 1) Dual displays with a docking station. I use a 19" display with my laptop screen so I have two displays. This works great, I shut my laptop down and turn it on again and it remembers this...
June 13th 07 10:52 PM
by Troy Lea Go to last post
3 187
'Missing Operating system'- Windows Vista by troubledman
help me out here guys... recently i bought a dell computer installed with Windows Vista Business, but it's been giving me problems lately - lagging a lot (i think its due to the hardware)/(e.g. opening folders, IE, msn) - can only run two programs at the same time, if more it will crash - when i attempt to use another program while downloading something, it would hang (i d/led iTunes, and...
February 18th 07 04:34 PM
by cquirke (MVP Windows shell/user) Go to last post
5 220
Missing DVD Burner by Tronix
Alright, well, let me explain how I got up to this point. Mostly it was my fault but Windows is being stubborn on letting me fix it. I'm the type of person that will grab every update listed within Windows Update. Since I have Vista Ultimate, this "grab everything" habit applied to the Extras area as well. So, yes, I grabbed all the Language Packs. After these language packs were...
December 3rd 07 03:01 PM
by Tronix Go to last post
3 125
LG-8500 (Chocolate) Device Connection Error by TRONEY
I loaded the Vista compliant device drivers for the LG-8500 cell phone and phone connected to USB port. Says device drivers installed correctly and it appears to connect, but when I start sync process with V Cast Music Manager, I get error box saying device un-plugged, new error box comes up and says "windows needs to install driver", and then gives an error that "driver not installed...
August 9th 07 03:26 AM
by TRONEY Go to last post
0 98
LG-8500 (Chocolate) Device Connection Error by TRONEY
I loaded the Vista compliant device drivers for the LG-8500 cell phone and phone connected to USB port. Says device drivers installed correctly and it appears to connect, but when I start sync process with V Cast Music Manager, I get error box saying device un-plugged, new error box comes up and says "windows needs to install driver", and then gives an error that "driver not installed...
August 9th 07 03:26 AM
by TRONEY Go to last post
0 105
Floppy drives supported by Vista 64? by Trond Ruud
For various reasons, I would like to have a floppy drive, but have been unable to find any with a Vista 64 driver, so I wondered if there are any floppy drives that have native Vista 64 support? Or if anybody here know of a floppy drive with a working Vista 64 driver? Trond Ruud, Norway
June 13th 07 05:19 PM
by freddy Go to last post
7 185
The Vista Windows update repeatedly fails to install a "recommended" driver. by Trond Ruud
Every time I log on to or begin to log off from Vista I am prompted by the Windows updater to install an updated driver, but the update always aborts with the message that the installation has failed The updater says the driver is for "Realtek Semiconductor Corp. Realtek RTL8187 Wireless 802.11g 54Mbps USB 2.0 Network Adapter", which is integrated on my ASUS M2N32-SLI DELUXE motherboard. The...
June 12th 07 07:46 PM
by freddy Go to last post
1 269
SoundBlaster Audigy 2 NX USB by Trombonez
The driver installs perfectly on Vista, but it is set to MUTE by default. I had to go to balance options in the properties of the soundcard to un-mute it. Then it worked fine! Suggestion to change that? Or is there some reason that I did not get? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this...
May 14th 07 09:53 AM
by Trombonez Go to last post
0 109
Monitor in Power Saver mode by Trogador
When I start windows vista normally, My monitor goes blank. when press the menu button on the monitor, it says that it is in power saver mode. I cannot get any picture to show up. My monitor works fine in safe mode. This happened just after I tried to update my graphics drivers.
November 23rd 07 02:10 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
9 139
ricoh RL5C592 MEMORY STICK BUS HOST ADAPTER by trndispr
after installing vista 64bit home premium - host adapter shows as a unknown base system device-- Ricoh rl5c592 memory stick bus host adapter - need driver -anyone have any ideas and rl5c843 mmc host controller
March 2nd 07 08:09 PM
by trndispr Go to last post
2 1,403
Realtek 8180L MS driver and no WPA by Tristan Leask
Can someone answer me this... Why is it that the default MS driver for a realtek 8180L WiFi card does not support WPA when the unsigned realtek driver does? Bit of a PITA to having to remember to allow vista x64 to load unsigned drivers when windows update randomly turns it off! Blooming stupid!
August 14th 07 08:54 PM
by Tristan Leask Go to last post
0 102
Integrated Camera got lost by Trish the Dish
I have an Integrated camera on my system. I went use and the software for the program cannot find it! It is listed as a piece of hardware on the computer. How do I hook it all together so it will work?
March 10th 08 10:13 PM
by Rodney Farmer Go to last post
1 168
vista tells me my hard drive full when it cant possibly be by triplestan
hi. every couple of times im on my computer i glance at how much free space i have in my hard drive. it changes a lot. about four days ago i decided that id make a note of how much free space i had left as i was getting sick of the fluctuations. the tile view in computer told me i had 20.0 gb left, which was about how much i figured i should. then, two days ago it told me i had 11 gb left...
June 8th 07 11:21 PM
by triplestan Go to last post
2 166
Fatal Mistake. by Trinity
I believe i made a fatal mistake when I upgraded my memory recently. I went from 2 GB of PC3200 to 4 GB of PC4000. After the upgrade Vista had seriuos issues and would not boot at all. I removed Vista and tried a clean install but it seems the it does not care for my new memory, I keep getting error messages when I boot about critical failures and non Paged memory. I had hoped the Blue...
September 12th 06 08:27 PM
by Trinity Go to last post
6 255
No DVD drive after sleep mode by trini
I have problem with sleep mode and DVD drive. After I wake my laptop from sleeping mode, DVD writer is not working. It won't show up under device manager at all, like it doesn't exist. When I put in some music cd/dvd ,the light for dvd is blinking couple of times, and then nothing happens, it won't start to play. After restarting laptop, it is working again. I wanted to test, will it work...
August 17th 07 08:35 AM
by trini Go to last post
4 94
Help with Vista X64 and eSATA by trikat
Hi, I am having issues with my eSATA being recognized in Vista X64 (SP1). - Vista Ultimate X64 SP1 - Just installed it yesterday and I updated everything as needed (bios, drivers, Windows updates, etc). - Abit KN8 Ultra (AMD nForce4 Ultra) - Product specs at 'Universal abit USA - Home' (http://www.uabit.com) doesn't say anything about AHCI, but 'Welcome to Universal ABIT Co., Ltd. -...
May 10th 08 06:38 PM
by trikat Go to last post

From The