  Rating Reverse Sort Order Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Netgear SC101 NAS - Any Vista Drivers? by Barry Lacter
My Netgear SC101 doesn't show up in Vista. Are there any solutions?
January 27th 09 01:57 AM
by mytamurphy Go to last post
6 249
PC not recognising new internal hard drive by zambeezi
I've added and extra hard drive because I'm always low on disk space but I can't get the PC to recognise the new drive. Dell Inspirion 531 with Vista Home Premium 32 bit. In the BIOS settings are as follows: SATA 0: Hard drive SATA 1: DVD drive SATA 2: None SATA 3: None
January 25th 09 09:05 AM
by zambeezi Go to last post
7 212
CD/DVD problems with thumbnails by bobwhite1
I'm using a Compaq-Presario SR5130NX desktop computer with Vista Home Premium 32 bit. It came with a TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H653L SCSI CdRom Device (CD-ROM drive). The only problem I have is when I insert a CD with photos on it, and open the folder, the thumbnails appear for a brief instant then turn into the Generic Icon. That is the only problem, everything else runs normally. I have installed...
January 24th 09 05:07 PM
by bobwhite1 Go to last post
0 166
DVD Drives Won't Burn Anymore by timb
I have 2 DVD RW Drives... one's internal and the other a USB drive... There's a lot of "data" below, but the bottom line is that neither will burn a DVD with Vista, IMGBURN, or NERO at any speed... Both drives read and play DVD's and CD's without any problem... I'm current on all drivers, updates, etc...Cables have been reseated... the internal drive is strapped on the IDE buss with MS...
January 25th 09 02:55 AM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
1 220
device cdrom has bad block by John A Grandy[_2_]
Vista Ultimate SP 1 I find this error present intermittently in my laptop's event log : The device, \Device\CdRom0, has a bad block.
January 25th 09 02:36 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 190
How can I turn on my computer? by Bob Newman
I have my Vista laptop (HP) hooked up to an external monitor, I have been using the sleep mode at night. The laptop is closed and on a shelf that is very hard to get to. I would like to shut it off at night. I can shut it off with the keyboard. Is there any way possibly software controlled to turn it back on? To reach the power button on the laptop you must first raise the lid which...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 26th 09 04:23 PM
by Thomas Wendell[_2_] Go to last post
13 337
XP to vista printer sharing stopped working - access denied by Daniel Norman[_4_]
I have printer and file sharing enabled on a XP SP3 computer, and had a EPSON STYLUS DX6050 connected to this. I was able to access the files and the printer from my Vista Home Premium Laptop. However the printer broke and I had to get another one, which is a EPSON STYLUS SX400. I enabled printer sharing for this printer, but every time I try to connect to it I get a message saying access...
January 26th 09 12:00 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 165
My PC is so Noisy!!! by Waynester
Hi everyone at times my PC is very quiet, well....almost :confused: i would say "tolerable" as computers go :sarc: then at times, it sounds like a gale force wind is blowing through it! ITS BECOMING SO ANNOYING!! AARRGGHHHHH :mad: what would be the main cause of this? is it the power supply or the fan(s) inside it
January 26th 09 07:44 PM
by PvdG42 Go to last post
3 199
Desktop Display/UPDATE, WON'T START, HELP PLEASE : ) by Lucy
Well, now it seems that I have a much worse issue. I was all set to do a system recovery from the hard drive partition (not a big deal, I have done it plenty of times) Had everything backed up and was ready to go. I first tried start/recovery manager/recovery manager. My computer went through the motions, but never started by itself. I waited for a long time and finally shut it off and...
January 26th 09 03:09 PM
by Lucy Go to last post
0 143
1.5 TB drive formatting errors by colt
First off, thanks ahead for any and all help. I just stepped into the Vista world and built a couple of PCs to play with. I'm running Vista Ultimate x64 and using Seagate 1.5TB SATA drives. I can't create a volume larger than 100 gig, if I try to make the whole drive one volume, it will not format and I get device I/O errors reported. I can create a 100 gig drive and that's it, the last 400+ is...
January 25th 09 05:27 PM
by DL Go to last post
3 260
Why VISTA can't see my iPod through HUB by Uncle Scotty
Hi, I am running VISTA home premium. On my previous machine, I was running XP Home and connecting my iPod to the computer thru a powered HUB. It worked fine, and iTunes recognized my iPod. When I migrated to this new machine with VISTA, iTunes no longer sees my iPod when it's connected, and I have to precariously connect it through one of the USB ports on the face of the tower (since all...
January 24th 09 03:44 PM
by Uncle Scotty Go to last post
4 167
Can't start Microsoft WPD Filesystem Volume Driver by djet
I get the following status in devmgmt: "This device cannot start. (Code 10)". I run Vista RC2, an upgrade made from RC1.
January 25th 09 10:23 PM
by chucksax Go to last post
6 233
Conexant HD Audio not working by Scot B.
Greetings, recently went through the Vista upgrade and now the audio is not working on the laptop. Tried updated drivers from HP, and HP tech support, no luck. Couldn't find any workable solutions using Google either. Is anyone else having this issue? If so, have you identified a solution? Thanks for your help.
January 25th 09 08:17 PM
by ryanms Go to last post
6 142
media center and avermedia TV card by Karl Sleeckx
All, Using Vista Ultimate 64bit. Avermedia TV card is working good with the suplied software, but not with Windows Media Center. It's not possible to find and fix the channels from the cable. What's wrong? regards, karl
January 25th 09 08:51 AM
by Stevie Walker Go to last post
5 238
Actiontec Internet Phone Wizard Driver Problem by Laddrmac39
I have an Actiontec internet phone wizard model up101 and of course it worked fine with XP. Vista auto detected when I upgraded operating systems from XP however it didnt work. I checked the manufacture's website and no driver was posted. I emailed actiontec and they emailed me a driver supposedly for "vista". Ok. When I try to install the driver, windows says the current driver (from...
January 25th 09 03:12 AM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
3 206
DVD drive disappeared by ebdrup
My DVD drive in my laptop has disappeared again Last time i removed the upperFilters and lowerFilters as described he http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/320553/ This time the drive doesn't even show up in the device manager. The drive has power and can accept dvds and eject them. What shal I do
January 26th 09 12:44 AM
by tirso Go to last post
8 205
Distorted System Sounds by Dave
Whenever I change the default systems sounds, those files are distorted when they play. Example, if I change the Empty Recycle Bin sound file from the default, it will be distorted. When I use the default sounds, they are fine. I try playing the files through Windows Media Player manually and they play fine. They are only distorted when they are assigned as a system sound. Music also...
January 26th 09 11:46 PM
by Owen Go to last post
8 179
INTERNAL SATA drive as alternate boot HDD by dbonin
I have VISTA 64 booting nicely from sata 0. I have another data drive on sata 1. No RAID or anything like that is being used. Can in plug in a NEW drive in sata 2 (install XP or VISTA 32 etc on that physical drive) and have this as an alternate boot device CONTROLED BY THE BIOS? I have a Gigabyte MB that I can easily use to select which drive to boot from and because I'll only be booting into...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 24th 09 07:55 PM
by koffeedude Go to last post
11 346
WinFast TV USB II by John A Grandy[_2_]
Is there a Vista 32-bit driver available for WinFast TV USB II ?
January 25th 09 03:44 PM
by Cody Jarrett Go to last post
8 202
acer dying... by nicke
Hello everyboddy! The case is that I have one acer Aspire 3003 LMi that die everytime I trying to install XP on it. The computer just die suddely, just like you pull out the powercord during the format process. Around 12% compleat, everytime so fare, 3 attempts. The "strange" thing is that I'm able to install OpenSUSE 11.1 on it. Måns Månsson
January 26th 09 08:51 PM
by Curious[_5_] Go to last post

From The