  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
HP laser jet printer driver installation by Shariff
The installation stps with a message that, " Can not with Run As command. Login as an administrator" I am there as an administrator already. What should I do. The printer is HO Laser Jet 2840.
March 16th 07 04:40 AM
by Shariff Go to last post
0 91
BFG 650i ultra mobo by cdland
Hello people... having fun yet ? Ok so here is my problem... I have a new motherboard, BFG 650i ultra. I had XP and vista on my old dead board, a P5P800se AGP 865pe chipset. So now to the 650i chipset, setup XP on this board and it works fine. Setup the duel boot to Vista on the second Raptor hard drive and after the first reboot I get the BSOD from the ntdll.dll hard error. Tried turning off...
August 12th 07 10:50 PM
by cdland Go to last post
0 91
Gig increase for faster working responce by Computer Idiot
Hi, I am a non-programmer but with a wish to work a bit faster. i just invested in a dual core 1.86 with 1 gig ram. I then upgraded to 2 gig and the speed has not changed. I was told that the system reserves the percentage regardless of what you have for ram.. i am not sure if that is true as it does not make much sence, hopefully i can tool it so that i have quicker responce. i do not...
August 28th 07 06:54 PM
by Computer Idiot Go to last post
0 91
DVD player not working- no error by Caitlin
HELP! No DVDs will work in my DVD player. I did the thing where you delete the upper filters and reboot and nothing. No errors, it just spins and then does nothing. I don't know if this helps but under device manager it says my disk drive is HTS721010G9SA00 ATA Also, it says the driver is up to date. I don't know what to do!!!!
September 10th 07 08:39 AM
by Juarez Go to last post
1 91
HP printer won't install by Joppa Maryland[_2_]
I have a HP laser jet 6L that I'm trying to install on a Compaq Presario with Vista Lite, 32 bit. Hewlett Packerd's site says Vista has a driver. My laptop says the printer is installed but with errors. It won't print a test page. The printer is connected to the laptop through a USB port. What am I doing wrong? Thanx
September 19th 07 09:18 PM
by Joppa Maryland[_2_] Go to last post
0 91
What triggers 1394 "Device Removal" ? by Eigil Krogh Sorensen
What is it that gets Windows VISTA to regard a 1394 device as removed from the 1394 FireWire bus? We have an 1394 audio device, that functions fine together with Windows XP, but Windows VISTA claims, that the device is removed (by Surprise removal) and removes the driver shortly after it is connected. What event(s) on the 1394 bus triggers Windows VISTAs device removal? In other words how does...
September 20th 07 08:36 PM
by Eigil Krogh Sorensen Go to last post
0 91
A8V-VM SE Sound Problems by deltrey[_2_]
I've been searching for a while now and I can't find a Realtek driver that will work with Vista Ultimate 64-bit edition. Can someone help me out here and point me in the right direction? -- deltrey
October 17th 07 03:18 PM
by cvp[_2_] Go to last post
4 91
No sound after installing Skpye phone by SilkAkina
My sound is lost after installing skype and skype phone (DUALPhone). I don't have a external speaker as I have been using the speaking on the monitor which has been working fine. All sound card, devices working fine. I can seen two speaker devices : 3-RTX3058 which is the one selected for Skype, and RealtekHD Audio which must have been used before (not sure). Any ideas? I would appreciate any...
November 4th 07 05:55 PM
by SilkAkina Go to last post
0 91
Where is the ports option in vista basic ? by jdckoi
I'm trying to configure a coms port in vista basic but can't find the option in devices can anyone help .
November 25th 07 07:01 PM
by jdckoi Go to last post
0 91
USB Devices stopped working altogether by Condor
Hello Guys, I am using Windows Vista 32 Bit Ultimate on Dell Inspiron 6000 Laptop. I have 4 USB Ports which were working fine. Suddenly all the USB ports failed and did not get recognized. I reinstalled Vista and the USB ports were visible again. There was a great sigh of releif. Guess what, the problem has cropped up again. I suppose after some of the updates from Microsoft or Windows...
September 23rd 07 12:54 AM
by jonathan perreault Go to last post
5 91
Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 4000 by Carlos Pereira
Hi all! I use a Microsoft Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 4000 on a notebook with Windows Vista. I'm having trouble with the wheel: it doesn't scroll properly in some applications like iTunes and Picasa 2. Also, on Google Earth I can't zoom in and out with the wheel. On other applications it works fine. If I unplug it and use other mice everything works properly.
July 30th 07 10:51 PM
by Carlos Pereira Go to last post
0 91
Vista cant find driver on Windows Update anymore by Maikel S.
when i first instaled Windows Vista on my PC, it didnt find any driver to my webcam, so i tryed to search on Windows Update and it found and installed it. Some days ago i had to format my HD and reinstall Vista, but now, when i go to Windows Update to search for my webcam drivers it cant find anymore. I dont know whats going on. My webcam is a IC50C from Micro Innovations, but Vista...
March 20th 07 11:59 AM
by Maikel S. Go to last post
0 91
Vista help needed by William Beard
Back in the hay day of PCs, Norton's Disk Test would test for bad sectors and, if found, would mark them as bad so Windows would not use them. The Norton test requirements were more stringent than Windows so any sector that passed Norton's test would pass Windows requirements. Is there a Vista supported product on the market today that will do this? All the adverts talk about data...
May 30th 07 09:35 PM
by Tim Go to last post
4 91
No Digital Signature by Koka
Is there a way around this? I just downloaded a Vista driver from Motorola for my modem. It installed fine but alas Vista wont let it run without a digital signature. XP allowed the user the option. Is there a way to train Vista to prompt me instead of making the decision for me? Koka
March 29th 07 08:09 AM
by Koka Go to last post
1 91
power cycling hard drives while rebooting by discohr
heya. i'm using vista ultimate x64 on abit at8 32x and have 2x sata raid0 (2 disks in each) on onboard uli sata ii/raid controller (m1575/m1697). the other onboard sata controller (silicon image) is disabled in bios as i never used it. setup worked perfectly on xp sp2 but hard drives are acting strange when vista is restarting... 1. shutdown - restart 2. vista shows "...is shutting down"...
March 28th 07 08:44 PM
by discohr Go to last post
1 91
Kodak Easyshare printer dock by Henry Hicks
Hello, I'm running Vista Ultimate 64bit and the system recognizes my Kodak Easyshare printer dock yet I cant install as a printer or find it anywhere but in the device manager. Can anyone help with this? Thanks in advance Henry
May 10th 07 01:53 AM
by Eddie Johnson Go to last post
1 91
Vista reports more video RAM than i have by Bios Nova
Hey, I have a NVIDIA 6800 GS with 256 MB memory. A dxdiag reports that i have 744 video memory, why is this? Also when i go into system information on the NVIDIA control panel it tell me that i have 256 MB dedicated and 495 MB shared, i was just wondering where has this shared video RAM come from? (my motherboard has no on board graphics chip).
October 3rd 07 08:21 PM
by JW Go to last post
4 91
Switching between windows by Sharksfan12
When I click on the "switching between windows" quicklaunch icon, it just gives me a blue box with small icons to select from (desktop, comptuer, etc). There isn't the cool feature of cycling through the panes. Does anyone have this problem and know how to remedy it? I think this started after I downloaded a couple of Vista updates two days ago.
July 26th 07 04:18 AM
by dean-dean Go to last post
3 91
DVD+RW Internal Combro NOT work in Dell OptiPlex 745 Ultra Small F by Jnorge
Hello, I have bought a new "DVD+RW/CDRW Internal Combro Drive GX620 SX280 X300 M65" through eBay (eBay item number #220128391831) for my Dell OptiPlex 745 Ultra Small Form Factor *Vista System. After I to receive this I only plug drive in the desktop and Windows Vista installed automatically a software. The problem is I simply do NOT get to have access to the driver and I do not get to see...
July 26th 07 02:18 AM
by Jnorge Go to last post
6 91
Sound not out of laptop but through headphones by talldend48
My laptop won't play and sort of sound. It will however play the sound out of the line out jacks (headphones.) i've updated my drivers and i know that it the volume is turned on properly because i can hear it in the headphones.
November 26th 07 12:26 AM
by talldend48 Go to last post

From The