Update - Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Community by No Name
What is Happening? This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums. Why? As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the past several years while customers and participants are increasingly finding solutions in the...
May 8th 10 06:46 PM
by No Name Go to last post
0 577
Saved files by accident to D recovery drive; how can I by Lindy dummy
Medion Windows home vista; saved photos/files to D drive (recovery) by accident. Medion support said too complicated to do over phone, ask someone who knows about comps. I need to retrieve only my saved files, and not interfere with recovery files on D drive. Can anyone please help? I cannot clean up or retrieve data on D drive. -- Thankyou - Lindy.
May 8th 10 12:29 PM
by Lindy dummy Go to last post
0 414
My Windows Vista won't play any games, why? by merk402
My Windows Vista has all the right requirements for my games, but when I install them, a message pops up that says that the game has not been installed correctly, then if I try to play any games, they will start working, but then after the intro a message pops up that says something like, Your game has stopped working, Windows is searching for a problem and will close and notify you when a...
May 8th 10 02:29 AM
by Andrew Murray[_8_] Go to last post
1 445
New unsolvable problem for bluescreen (Window vista) by Woolf
My laptop is HP2133, with window vista (+service pack 1 & 2). I've had bluescreen a few times. The latest information of bluescreen (from event viewer) is: Fault bucket 0xD1_processr!ReadGenAddr+11, type0
May 8th 10 01:29 AM
by Woolf Go to last post
0 399
Can't Disable Mouse by kat
I installed a new mouse on my laptop (a small notebook hand mouse, plugged in through the USB) and when I go to disable the little mouse pad thing that is on the keyboard of the laptop in devices, there is the option to disable it but I am unable to click on it. I would really like to disable the little mouse pad on my laptop and use the plugged in mouse so if anyone could give me some...
May 7th 10 05:51 PM
by Michael Go to last post
6 645
Sony Laptops: 'Motion Eye' camera by colt22[_3_]
My Sony Vaio VGN-120C has a built-in camera camera called 'Motion Eye'.Even since I installed vista x64, the camera is useless as Sony does not make a 64 bit driver for it. Does anyone know who the underlying manufacturer of this camera is so I can hopefully track down the right driver for it thanks alot..would like to get this thing working finally!
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 6th 10 08:43 PM
by ugodrama Go to last post
13 1,378
HP Laptop - lost my sound after installing updates by [email protected]
Sometimes, after installing MS updates or other apps, I lose my sound. The only way I get it back is to use System Restore to a point where the sound worked. However, then I don't have the updates or apps. This tells me that it's a software problem with Vista - not a hardware problem. Now, I am about 11 MS updates behind - and no sound. Also, the System Restore doesn't work anymore (I no...
May 5th 10 10:51 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
4 573
installing XP onto VISTA machine by aa
Have HP Pavioin with VISTA, one physical drive (C:) with four partitions on it. C: is the one with VISTA D: recovery E and F - logical partitions for data storage. Want to install XP into one of the existong partitions. However when the installation process come to the screen to select a partition it shows no partition at all. Instead it shows four things which look like drive placeholders,...
May 5th 10 09:12 PM
by smlunatick Go to last post
9 482
Nvidia Withdraws 196.75 WHQL Drivers by Peter
For those who have already updated to the latest WHQL 196.75 Nvidia drivers, please revert to your previous set. Nvidia have withdrawn them because of overheating/fan issues. See Nvidia's download page for more information and their forums. Peter MVP Consumer Security 2009.
May 5th 10 12:24 PM
by Tom Lake[_2_] Go to last post
4 522
Discover the Best Project Management Software by Projectdrive
Discover the Best Project Management Software After origin of word Project Management Software, we can realize that most of the corporate businesses are being handled by this software to reduce manual work load. Launched in 2007, Project Drive within a very short span of time became one of the biggest service providers on the planet. I’ve been using their services since last 1.5 years; they are...
May 5th 10 09:36 AM
by Projectdrive Go to last post
0 446
eSata hot-plug but not hot-swap, safely remove by Mike De Petris
I have AHCI enabled on an Asrock 890GX Extreme3 but can't see Safely Remove Hardware icon. Disks connected on eSata supporting AHCI and NCQ are recognized but I can't find a safe way to disconnect them, I can just go into diskmgmt.msc and put them "offline", or shutdown. Driver is "amd ahci compatible raid controller", and AND RAIDxpress correctly notifies plug and unplug, but I can't set...
May 5th 10 07:53 AM
by Mike De Petris Go to last post
0 475
eSata hot-plug but not hot-swap, safely remove by Mike De Petris
I have AHCI enabled on an Asrock 890GX Extreme3 but can't see Safely Remove Hardware icon. Disks connected on eSata supporting AHCI and NCQ are recognized but I can't find a safe way to disconnect them, I can just go into diskmgmt.msc and put them "offline", or shutdown. Driver is "amd ahci compatible raid controller", and AND RAIDxpress correctly notifies plug and unplug, but I can't set...
May 5th 10 07:53 AM
by Mike De Petris Go to last post
0 376
No detected DVD drive HELP PLZ by fubar1987
Ok i have a Dell Studio 1735 laptop media setup with Windows VIsta 32bit Home premium. I got board of the XP modded (Pirate Edition- seriauly its called that) install so i formatted today an installed but got the dreaded "no driver detected" (the one where its wants Sata drives from floppy)(i managed to work my way around this by installing the VISTA OS on anoter laptop an changing the hard drive...
May 4th 10 09:34 PM
by fubar1987 Go to last post
0 375
Not detecting a HDD by VistaCompUser
Hello, I was restarting my desktop after it got stuck in a frozen screen. Upon reboot it loaded up with a blank screen. In hindsight I think I might have restarted during an install of a windows update, which could have ended up screwing the main configuration of the comp. I decided to go for a wipe of the hard drive (had a fresh backup) and re-install. Yet I have no C: listed The HDD is fine...
May 4th 10 06:47 AM
by VistaCompUser Go to last post
0 526
Not detecting a HDD by VistaCompUser
Hello, I was restarting my desktop after it got stuck in a frozen screen. Upon reboot it loaded up with a blank screen. In hindsight I think I might have restarted during an install of a windows update, which could have ended up screwing the main configuration of the comp. I decided to go for a wipe of the hard drive (had a fresh backup) and re-install. Yet I have no C: listed The HDD is fine...
May 4th 10 06:47 AM
by VistaCompUser Go to last post
0 351
HP Laptop - lost my sound after installing updates by [email protected]
Sometimes, after installing MS updates or other apps, I lose my sound. The only way I get it back is to use System Restore to a point where the sound worked. However, then I don't have the updates or apps. This tells me that it's a software problem with Vista - not a hardware problem. Now, I am about 11 MS updates behind - and no sound. Also, the System Restore doesn't work anymore (I no...
May 4th 10 12:18 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 392
Cell phone & WMDC "there is a problem with your connection..." by JeffMack
I am having an similar issue with syncing my phone to my computer, as I see many others have had. I have Vista Home Premium 64bit. I have a HTC Titan phone with Window Mobile 6.1. It worked and synced fine for about a year and a half, then one day....stopped, and I get the "there is a problem with your connection. Please disconnect and reconnect and try your device again" error. I have...
May 3rd 10 09:51 PM
by dhomyak Go to last post
2 466
Wireless Comfort Desktop 5000 - Need drivers and software by !kalboBill
Where I download the drivers and software for the Wireless Comfort Desktop 5000 keyboard? I lost the CD that came with it. Bill Kalbo
May 3rd 10 03:33 PM
by Michael Go to last post
4 545
Missing dialog to burn CDR by !kalboBill
This used to work fine but now does not. When I insert a CDR or DVD, no dialog pops up offering to fromat the CDR. If I try to read the CDR, it tells me it has to be formatted first. How do I get the dialog back or manually start the dialog? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 3rd 10 01:38 PM
by Mr. Arnold Go to last post
10 1,041
Wireless Comfort Desktop 5000 - Need drivers and software by !kalboBill
Where I download the drivers and software for the Wireless Comfort Desktop 5000 keyboard? I lost the CD that came with it. Bill Kalbo
May 3rd 10 12:25 PM
by !kalboBill Go to last post

From The