What's wrong with my processor by TheMusicBoy
My processor makes a sound when Vista works. Is that normal?
November 26th 07 11:41 AM
by Chinatiger Go to last post
6 131
HP Scanjet 8300 Device Not Detected by themose69
I'm running Vista Ultimate x64 and had my scanner working fine a month ago. It has gradually stopped working to the point where it isn't even detecting it. I've tried downloading drivers, updates, from Microsoft and HP with no luck. Any advice? Thank you. -- themose69
May 7th 08 07:52 PM
by themose69 Go to last post
4 156
A Disk Read Error Occurred.... by TheMagicalTeddiBearOfKandiLand
Ok So Im Turning On The Computer, And It Does Its Normal Set Up Thingy, But When You Turn It Off By The Power Button This Thing Pops Up That Says "You Turned Off By Power Button Checkings If Comp is Safe, Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah, And I Usualy Hit The Ok Button And It Works, But This Time Instead Of Showing What It Usually Shows, This Pops Up, "A Disk Read Error Occurred, Press Ctrl+Alt+Del To...
August 6th 07 11:39 AM
by cquirke (MVP Windows shell/user) Go to last post
3 173
x1800xt drivers problem by TheMafioso
Hi, I have a big problem with the drivers for my x1800xt. I use the last drivers downloaded in ati webpage and when i try install it the program look for my display card and say me he do not find my video hardware... The install is aborted and i cannot install drivers... And i cannot install drivers manually because my display adapter is not
November 24th 06 09:51 PM
by TheMafioso Go to last post
0 110
seem to have a problem with the Screen driver on my Vista ( Laptop by ThElAsT
hello, bought a HP Laptop, with Windows Vista Basic :) my friend have the same thing, But he doesent seem to have the same problem that i got... When evver i play WoW ( World of warcraft ) My screen turns black every 10, to 15 min or so... And it turn's right back on... but every time that happens.. Vista tell's me that something was wrong with the Screen Driver, and it had to...
May 1st 07 08:27 PM
by KevinSFCA Go to last post
2 98
Flash Drive appears to crash Vista! by TheJoker1975
Hi, I recently bought a new PC and with it an upgrade from XP to Vista. Problem is that the USB flash drive that I use seems to crash the windows explorer! I power up my PC, connect the drive. Windows explorer opens then comes up with a message that "It is not responding". I have once managed to view the pictures on my stick on this PC and it works perfectly well on other PCs. I sometimes (...
July 28th 07 08:10 PM
by freddy Go to last post
3 116
*Installing device driver software* prompt - no longer appears by [email protected]
I am trying to install a USB HP 2840 on Windows Vista. There is a compatibility issue with this printer and Vista, but there is a workaround. 1) the driver at the hp website does not work 2) the workaround from HP does work (please see attached). I know it works because I have successfully installed it on a fresh build Vista. However, I cannot get it to work on my clients Vista machine - it...
September 11th 07 01:44 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
1 129
WMDC /WM5 - File transfer stall by thehaggis
Running WMDC 6.0.6783 with a Cingular 2125 w/ WM5 and a 2gb miniSD card. If i try to transfer any sizable file or grouping of files I will get (http://www.box.net/shared/static/c0h7btp653.gif) as an error message, also the transfer speed is god-awful..18mins for 32mb. I've installed & uninstalled WMDC several times to no avail. Though I have noticed this (...
April 2nd 07 08:52 PM
by thehaggis Go to last post
0 97
Any success with 6800GT by TheGuyUpNorth
I have an Athlon FX-53 ABS computer with a GeForce 6800GT card. Before I go and purchase an upgrade to Vista Premium, can anybody tell me if this card will work properly including aero features?
January 20th 07 07:31 PM
by Stephen Kent Go to last post
6 171
Dual Moniters by TheGreat Jim
I have a Vista laptop with a NVIDIA Graphics card. when i try to set up a dual moniter, it doesnt let me have seperate displays, rather only lets me clone the laptop display onto the other screen. Can anyone help me?
November 20th 08 05:29 PM
by Curious[_5_] Go to last post
2 459
dvd drive wont play anything but dvds by thefallenpoet
I have a toshiba laptop running vista 32 bit home basic. My dvd rom combo drive wont let me play anything but dvds. i have tried removeing the filters, updating the drivers, the device manager says its working fine, no conflics. but the disks work in the acer laptop with vista!! confused ?? Iam
March 31st 08 12:24 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 186
Alps Touchpad drivers for Vista 64 bit by theenlightened1
Hi I have a Dell Vostro 1000 laptop.. I upgraded it to Vista Ultimate 64 bit edition today and it flies like horse with a rocket engine in its a** Only experiencing 1 problem... 1) My Alps touchpad is working but the scroll function on the side and bottom are not working as Vista did not pick the drivers up. There are drivers on Dell's site but not for 64bit Vista. So does anyone know
December 31st 07 12:18 PM
by Wandering[_2_] Go to last post
1 137
Where Are All The USB Device Drivers For Microsoft Vista by thedus
Need scanjet 3300c, sandisk, and olympus device drivers. Where are they. Microsoft should provide theses drivers.
August 23rd 07 08:28 PM
by Michael Solomon Go to last post
5 234
external harddisk problems by TheDukeOff
First I want to say that my English is not very good, I am sorry. I have troubles with my external HDD (maxtor). I have the external HDD since a few months and I used it without any problems with Microsoft XP and Vista (32 bit). A few days ago I bought an new computer with vista 64 bit. And the external drive isn’t detected when I start up the computer, In “my computer” it show that it’s an local...
August 4th 09 10:35 AM
by Frank-FL Go to last post
3 193
Mouse scroll behaviour after sleep is poor by TheDuck
After waking the PC each morning the mouse (MS Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0) exhibits poor scrolling. A significant amount of wheel rotation will result in a jerky and slow scroll. Before sleep it is perfectly smooth. I have tried disabling the power save option - no improvement. I am using the latest drivers from MS (6.31.230.0 dated 26/11/2008) Seems like a driver issue, but can anybody out...
June 16th 09 04:05 PM
by TheDuck Go to last post
0 442
2 gigs worth of memory frustration by thedraphter
I built a computer, and it is running along fine. I started out with 2 gigs of ram, knowing that i would buy 2 more later when I could afford it. I bought the second 2 gigs, and installed them. Befo I had 2 gig, and it showed 2 gig.....no problem Now: (with memory remap feature OFF) Bios shows 4 gig, but windows jumps sputters and reboots itself quite often.
April 24th 07 06:35 AM
by motarola2 Go to last post
5 152
speedtouch usb 330 modem driver by thedeath
Anyone can give me driver. Thanks a lot -- thedeath ------------------------------------------------------------------------ thedeath's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=26556 View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=763103 http://forums.techarena.in
August 28th 07 06:14 PM
by shrouded60606[_2_] Go to last post
4 100
SpeedTouch 330 USB ADSL Modem Driver by thedarkmutt
"Jcarlos11" wrote: I'm having a lot of problems trying to install my SpeedTouch modem. No driver's will work. Can anyone please help me? Hey all, I too am having difficultys with my 330, when i 1st installed vista, and the modem drivers all was well, then over night the same problem devloped, its there but vista will not use it, i rang the the line on the speedtouch website and they...
May 3rd 07 12:11 AM
by farshad Go to last post
1 149
LCD stuck pixels :( by TheCROW163
I just bought a brand new computer couple of weeks ago and today I noticed two stuck pixels on my brand new Samsung 2232GW screen!!! I know that in order to return it, it has to have 7 stuck pixels, so I gues I'm stuck with it.... The problem is that I tried massaging them, tapping and even hitting and shaking to no avail. I tried the softwares like UndeaPixels and JScreenfix but they don't work,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 11th 09 04:51 PM
by TheCROW163 Go to last post
10 293
USB flash disk and USB WiFi weird issue by TheCROW163
Hi All, I recently noticed a strange problem on my new PC (i7-4GB DDR3-DX58SO-Vista 32 Ultimate): I have a USB Wifi dongle attached to the USB on the back of the PC. It's A D-Link DWA-120 and it's connected to Wifi connection. The weird thing is that I connect a USB 2.5" HD or any USB flash disk on the USB port on the front of the case, so far so good, but when I select it and click safely...
March 28th 09 05:40 PM
by John Go to last post

From The