ATI x1800xl black screens by Daniel Lapointe
K, got a question, still experiencing constant black random screens of death for no apparent reason. I look in control panel..problem reports....see problems to check...and see 42 "video hardware errors" listed..all the same with this info..I'm guessing this is the cause of my probs, but dont know why on vista rtm..tried both built in and ati rtm drivers, still the same probs..any ideas?...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 21st 06 09:19 PM
by DblFun Go to last post
10 211
Nvidia GO 7900 GS by Thom_Lloyd
I have a new Toshiba p100 laptop that came with windows media center, I just upgraded to the MSDN Rel of WIndows Vista Everything is good except the system BSOD on any media related activty including remote desktop The offending driver is nv4_mini.sys, I have made sure I have the lastest NVidia drivers that are posted 8.4.0.0
November 21st 06 09:44 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
8 135
Snappy/Cracky/Poppy Audio Issues by Barret Newman
Well the title basically sums up the problem; my sound is extremely cracky and is making all this snapping and popping noises while playing music in Windows Media Player 11. This issue is occuring to me right now in RC1; I do realize RC1 came out a long time ago but I was never able to test Vista on this computer upto now due to I had no extra HDs around my house and my HDs were all full/in...
November 21st 06 10:28 PM
by Barret Newman Go to last post
5 197
does EVGA GeForce FX 5200 128MB DDR AGP 8X support Window Vista Ae by GT
does EVGA GeForce FX 5200 128MB DDR AGP 8X support Window Vista?
November 21st 06 11:54 PM
by Gene Go to last post
4 149
Tablet Notbook Acer C300 - drivers by Matthias Marx
Hello NG, does any one know some information for the drivers from Acer about C300. There are some key - like switch wlan on/off or BT on/of - theirs doesn't work. regards. Matthias
November 22nd 06 09:05 AM
by Matthias Marx Go to last post
0 141
3 screens problem (1x 9200 SE PCI & 1x 9800 Pro AGP) by lozzd
Hi, I've had a fun night trying to figure out how they've broken multi-adapter mutli-screen support in Vista. In XP, just installing the drivers is enough for all 4 screens to appear in the display properties ready to be enabled. From the start, the 9800 (the VGA card) was picked up fine, and the 9200 could not start thanks to Code 43 (very useful!)
November 22nd 06 03:28 PM
by lozzd Go to last post
1 140
Driver for Hawkings Hi-Gain™ USB Wireless-G Dish Adapter by CW_CPH_DK
Hi all, i just bought the device as i need some extra strength on my HTPC to reach the network. http://www.hawkingtech.com/products/productlist.php?CatID=32&FamID=60&ProdID=280 (of course) there are no Vista drivers on the cd, but on the Hawkings website there are none either.
November 22nd 06 03:29 PM
by CW_CPH_DK Go to last post
2 147
Error Message by Adrian
OK everyone thinking caps on. I am currently posting this message from Vista in "safe mode". I am getting the dreaded blue screen of death from windows in "normal" mode. I am getting an error message which reads "Stop 0x000000EA THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER (Q293078)" As anyone had this come up as anyone recovered from this error? I have no idea which device driver it's on about as I cannot...
November 22nd 06 05:55 PM
by Kristan Kenney Go to last post
1 154
Compatible MP3 players w/Vista RC1 by jim_from_il
Is ANY MP3 player recognized and supported by Vista RC-1? Both my Sandisk Sansa, and my wife's Creative Zen are NOT found (no drivers - yet). Do I have to wait for the retail product?
November 22nd 06 11:16 PM
by Gene Go to last post
1 138
Linksys WAG54G S router problem with Vista by Neil
Hi When I start Vista, I get a message saying 'no or limited network connectivity' I try all of the options to repair the connection, but nothing works. If I then turn off my Linksys WAG54G S router, and restart, it miraculously finds it and joins the network, and then connects to the internet. I'm using a wired connection to the router rather than wireless. I've checked the firmware for the...
November 22nd 06 11:23 PM
by Gene Go to last post
2 169
1680*1050 - Where is it at? by Bronder
This is in regards to the Vista x86 I got from MSDN. I have an NVidia 7900GT wtih a Viewsonic 22" that should be running native resolution at 1680*1050. I've installed the latest drivers from NVidia, the Viewsonic Vista Inf, etc & still get no native support. Is this some sort of crule trick being played by me. I have a 19" as my 2nd monitor & all is working there as intended. Any ideas?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 23rd 06 12:55 AM
by Clint Go to last post
10 293
HP LaserJet 3150 Fax / Printer Driver by Top
I two have the HP 3150 printer and it is dead in the water for right now. To take note on the below issue, Microsoft does not write drivers for these products. The product manufacturer (HP) makes a driver that is a "basic" driver to run out of the box. The Mfg then writes a driver with all the functions for the printer/etc. I know this does not help, but blame HP, they are the ones that...
November 23rd 06 01:25 AM
by Gary H Go to last post
1 179
Treo 700wx by Andrew Bryson
I've connected my Treo 700wx to my desktop running Vista Ultimate and hear a "beep" when it connects. However, when I go to the mobile device center it doesn't show up. Any ideas? Andrew
November 23rd 06 07:26 AM
by RonM Go to last post
3 134
Inspiron 700m external monitor fails to work as primary on Vista by wojciech_czyz
I will be very happy to send some gift from Spain such as wine, some fine food etc to whoever will help me to solve this problem. So please read carefully. I have Inspiron 700m, BIOS 7, winth both Windows XP Professional and Windows Vista Enterprise on it. I connect it to Philips 180P2 LCD monitor , whcih has two inputs - either direct VGA cable or DVI and DVI to VGA cable. Under Vista, I...
November 23rd 06 11:27 AM
by wojciech_czyz Go to last post
0 118
Bluetooth Update - Missing Disk (RTM Version) by Reflex
Having installed the RTM release on my Samsung Q1 the Microsoft update identified a Bluetooth update which I installed. During the install I was asked for the original Bluetooth CDROM, as this was a Microsoft update I did not have this. I've tried searching for driver s and letting Vista to try and resolve the problem, but I now have three hardware devices listed in device manager but unable...
November 23rd 06 01:02 PM
by Bcs4 Go to last post
1 113
Page Fault error while installing Windows Vista by Muhammad Saeed Iqbal
What is Page Fault error? What could be its possible reason(s)?
November 23rd 06 03:43 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 126
Promise sata378 problem by Thalador
I have spent the last 4 hours trying to install Vista RTM on my machine. The upgrade didnt go well so i decided to blow it away and start fresh. I have an Asus A8V-Deluxe MB with promise 378 sata controller. I downloaded the drivers for my MB from ASUS and when prompted by the Vista install I put in the CD and pointed to both the 2003 and xp drivers. None of these showed my drives. Is there...
November 23rd 06 03:46 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 123
Nvidia Vista RTM Drivers by Some guy in Kirkland
anyone know when Nvidia will have RTM drivers for Vista? I see they still have RC2 ones available.. (or did i miss them on their site?) thanks
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 23rd 06 03:48 PM
by Chris Jacobsen Go to last post
14 258
Mircrosoft LifeCam NX-6000 by Matthias Marx
Hello NG, the driver of the Cam installed proberly, but the cam doesn't work in MSN Messenger. The CD or the driver from the downloadsite - doesn't work, because - the installation ask for Windows XP - SP 2 or newer... Any ideas or comments, that the cam work?
November 23rd 06 05:05 PM
by Bill Walter Go to last post
2 127
Audio Drivers for HP zv6000 Laptop by Joost
I am using a HP ZV6000 (ZV6149EA) laptop under Windows Vista, but my soundcard: Conexant CX20468 - 31 AC97 Audio was not detected in the Device Manager. Now, there's a update available for my soundcard, but I can't install this because I get this error: -- Windows can't update important files and services while the system is using them. Make sure to save your files before restarting. --
November 23rd 06 05:43 PM
by Joost Go to last post

From The