Mute All does not work by Eran
Hi all, Using Vista with Creative SBLive. Pressing the mute all in volume control and volume mixer does not mute the speakers, it only grays the volume bar. However, muting the individual items in the mixer does mute that item. Is this a bug? Eran
December 16th 06 11:43 PM
by Eran Go to last post
0 172
NX 7010 No video by Cyrebre
I have had the problem when installing the RC1, but it's still present in the RTM !!! I've upgraded a Win XP to Vista, after the installation the os recognized a generic VGA card. I tried to update the driver (with the "Update driver" button in devices manager) with success but no display at reboot. I am using a French RTM Vista Pro version. Thanx for replies.
December 16th 06 11:48 PM
by Benjamin Gawert Go to last post
6 232
Intellipoint/Intellitype Vista Final Release - Screen Saver by MarkS
Hello, Is anyone else still having trouble getting the screen saver to work in Vista with the Final release of Intellipoint/Intellitype 6.1 for Vista? I installed it this morning hoping it would fix the screen saver problem but it still won't trigger... I was under the impression that this problem would be fixed in the final realeas?
December 17th 06 10:43 AM
by Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User Go to last post
3 228
Nvidia Quardo NVS 120m on Dell Latitude D820 by Mercestes
I just installed the MSDN Windows Vista Ultimate. Thus far it has been an awe inspiring experience. However, I am having some graphics issues. The Graphics card seems to chain IRQ's into oblivion basically reducing my system into an unusable status for several minutes. Usually it recovers but sometimes it doesn't. I can tell it's IRQ related because the mouse still moves but is very...
December 17th 06 11:32 AM
by Chad B Go to last post
5 193
Intel PROSet Network Adapter Driver Set 11.2 by km
This release includes software and drivers for Intel(R) PRO/100, Intel(R) PRO/1000, and Intel(R) PRO/10GbE adapters and integrated network connections. What's New in This Release ========================== - Support for Microsoft Windows Vista* - Support for iSCSI Boot - Support for Microsoft Windows Server* 2003 Service Pack 2 - Limited support for PCI Express adapters on Itanium(R)-based...
December 17th 06 03:43 PM
by km Go to last post
0 197
Microsoft Wireless Desktop 1000 by HagarTheHorrible
After my old keyboard bit the dust after seven years of service, I finally upgraded to the Microsoft Wireless Desktop 1000. The problem is that the only drivers that came with it are for XP & Mac - nuttin for Vista. Anyone know where I can get the driver updates for this beast?
December 17th 06 04:07 PM
by HagarTheHorrible Go to last post
3 202
vista drivers RSS feed? by Pouria Molavi
Was wondering if anyone knew of an RSS feed that hosts links to the latest Vista drivers released? been trying to find one, but no luck whatsoever, only driver RSS feed i've found was for ATI catalyst, and then it only held info about XP/XP64 drivers. BR Pouria
December 17th 06 06:00 PM
by Pouria Molavi Go to last post
0 182
Lifecam Drivers For Vista? by Brian
Are there any beta drivers for the LifeCam 3000 and Windows Vista? I have Vista Enterprise (upgraded for work and testing) and I need the Lifecam to work. I can't really wait for a general release in January. Thanks!
December 18th 06 01:05 AM
by Brian Go to last post
4 189
How to test file-filter-driver in Driver Test Manager(DTM)? by Cui Wei
Hi Can anyone tell me my issue? For our product running well under Vista x64, We want to konw how to test anti-virus/file system filter driver in Driver Test Manager(DTM). please tell us the test procedures concreted about it! Thank you!
December 18th 06 02:02 AM
by Cui Wei Go to last post
0 198
Vista x64 Ultimate and IEEE 1394 drive by dsinder
I'm using Vista x64 Ultimate on an ASUS p5wd2 premium with 4 GB of RAM installed. When I connect a Seagate IEEE 1394 drive 750 GB external disk formatted NTFS and attempt to copy files to or from performance is awful. On a hunch I used MSconfig to decrease the MAX boot memory from 4094 (the default) to 4000. Sure enough performance is what I would expect from the IEEE 1394 drive after...
December 18th 06 02:04 AM
by dsinder Go to last post
0 178
Vista does not recognise my DVD Drive no more! by kieran
Vista has been installed for about a week on my PC and it randomly will not acknowledge my DVD drive no more at all. It says that the driver instaled corretcly but is corrupt. I have not done anything that would have affected it. Anybody got any ideas about what to do?
December 18th 06 03:06 AM
by MikioK Go to last post
2 180
MS Wireless Mouse and Keyboard by Harry Sherman
(Vista Build 5600 32 bit) Downloaded and installed new Intellipoint/Intellitype programs (6.1). Works fine except for one minor annoying mouse wheel problem: When in newsgroups, one click of the wheel moves cursor bar four lines. I seem to remember in the previous version (5) there was an option to change to one line, but can't find it in the new version. What am I missing? And a little...
December 18th 06 01:50 PM
by Ray Go to last post
1 185
DVD drive issue by Allenjamieson
Hello I have been hving trouble ever since installing vist beta 2, after that, the dvd drive will not read DVD's while in vista (if thatmakes sense) it will boot from a dvd, will also read CD's but refuses to read from a DVD when i am in vista, i have removed the dvd from the Hardware in the controll panell and let windows reinstall it, but no luck, can anyone help? DVD drive is EMPREX 8x...
December 18th 06 07:27 PM
by Allenjamieson Go to last post
0 147
incompatible drivers by Piotr Wozniacki
Hi, When Vista starts, by pressing F8 you open a menu of starting options; one of them being about loading unsigned device drivers. How does it work - having chosen it, do I start Vista in a mode where I can install programs that attempt to install their own drivers, eg. Edius which always installs a lot of stuff to the DVD drive, causing it to disappear from the system? Or, after having...
December 18th 06 07:31 PM
by Piotr Wozniacki Go to last post
0 203
Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150MCE on Vista? by Dave Hampson
Hauppauge shows Vista drivers for it on their site. Anyone using it yet? Is it worth paying the extra bucks for the 500 to get 2 tuners? I have a TV in the same room already, don't really need to record 2 things at once, and will be going to DirecTV as soon as we move to a house, hopefully in the next year. Comments, suggestions? Thanks,
December 19th 06 06:23 AM
by Some guy in Kirkland Go to last post
6 165
HP Laserjet 5MP on Parallel Port? by Bill Cohagan
I've just installed Vista Ultimate and am unable to get my LJ 5MP to work. It's on a parallel port. When I try to print a test page it just says "Error" in the printer queue window with no additional info. Any suggestions as to how to troubleshoot? TIA, Bill
December 19th 06 07:06 AM
by Bruce Sanderson Go to last post
4 193
Promise Ultra100TX2 by Carlo Razzeto
Hey there, I have a question about the Promise Ultra100TX2 IDE controller card. This is the only device I own (and require) that thus far there seems to be no driver available for. Does any one know where a driver might be found? I've heard that Windows XP64 supported it with a built in driver (makes me supprised microsoft ignored it for vista!), but I'm not sure where on the XP64 disk to...
December 19th 06 07:31 AM
by Bruce Sanderson Go to last post
3 178
Compatible TV card with Vista but not MC by Anders
My tv-card is compatible with Vista (Viewed in Vista compatibility guide) and it installed the driver for it. But I can´t use it with Media Center that followed the ultimate edition. Live Messenger and some other programs find my tv-card but the MC tells me that it can’t find a tv-card. The card (and driver) is a ASUSTeK TV7134 BDA Video Capture card. Is there coming some new drivers or...
December 19th 06 07:48 AM
by Anders Go to last post
3 183
No CD/DVD burning facility in Vista by Dave S
Hi, I am having problems with one of my machines with Vista Home Premium installed (release version). I have a Sony CD/DVD rewriter but vista is not recoginising that it has Writing capablilty in Window media player 11 or in Windows Explorer. However the backup and restore program allows me to backup to it sucessfully. Vista has recoginised the drive as SONY DVD RW DRU-510A SCSI CdRom Device...
December 19th 06 08:05 AM
by Bruce Sanderson Go to last post
4 225
Trouble installing Vista Bluetooth drivers by test02
Hi guys! I have the following problem: I can't install my BT integrated controller in Vista RTM. My device is a CSR Bluetooth Adapter, connected via internal USB controller. It is supported by Vista's BT Stack because I can find the VID and PID in the bth.inf (found in Windows\inf dir). In this file I found the following code line: Toshiba Integrated Bluetooth 2 = ...
December 19th 06 05:35 PM
by test02 Go to last post

From The