Processor Temperature by cb
Could someone please tell me what the normal operating temperature of an AMD Athlon 64X2 4200+ is? I have searched everywhere, including these forums, for an answer but cannot find one. I have also searched the AMD website to no avail. I would appreciate any help you can give me. Please excuse my ignorance regarding this matter. Thank you in advance. C.B.
May 1st 07 12:35 PM
by Ray Rogers Go to last post
6 111
Windows Vista USB Mass Storage Device driver problem by cb40oz
I'm plugging a Seagate FreeAgent Desktop Harddrive into my HP Pavilion dv9208nr Notebook running Windows Vista Home Premium and the drivers will not load. Everytime I try re-installing the driver, I get the following message: Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device. Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting...
July 28th 07 12:22 AM
by Darryl Gittins Go to last post
5 178
Edit - Intellitype by cb900f2
Hey guys.... Does anyone know where and how MS Intellitype Pro stores the details (program link) for the short cut key definition... I downloaded and installed Windows Mail Live, I like the new mail client, but it looks like when it updated the selection choice for Intellitype setting, one of the pull download windows live is not pointing directly to
September 10th 09 01:57 AM
by cb900f2 Go to last post
0 153
scanner buttons by cbf
Vista Ultimate sp1 32bit The problem is that when setting up the buttons to a task under the scanner properties windows fails to "register the event handler". This means none of my Epson V350 buttons work properly. The software works under other Vista Editions straight from the box. Any advice please
December 10th 08 01:41 PM
by Curious[_5_] Go to last post
1 256
Windows Update to Network Adapter by cburson
The Windows Update for the "nvidia nforce networking controller" caused my internet to not work properly. I restored my system and rolled back the driver, both on separate occasions to resolve this issue. It worked, however, now I need to know what to do about the update. I cannot leave my settings to update automatically because of this. Any ideas?
February 8th 08 07:53 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
7 125
Installing a printer on wireless home network by ccook
I am trying to install a printer on my new Toshiba with Vistas home edition. The printer is attached to another computer (with XP) and there is a wireless Linksys router that provides the home network. The laptop identifies the printer (sees it through the residential gateway) when I view computers and devices in the Network and Sharing centre but doesn't find it when I try to Add a Printer....
September 20th 07 05:02 PM
by Kim [MS] Go to last post
2 134
USB headphones not working by ccpm
I have a Logitech USB Headset and Windows Vista When connecting, the sound keeps going through speakers instead of headset. PC recognizes the headset when connected. I can even control the volume through the headset control, but sound keeps going through speakers. These headphones dont have drivers, they use the OS driver. If I access Control PanelSoundPlayback the headset is recognized. The...
November 8th 08 05:06 PM
by ccpm Go to last post
0 260
Wireless Problem by cdb
Having a strange problem with my wireless adapter(Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter). Ever since upgrading to Vista, my signal strength is very Poor. Under XP, I allways had a full signal. This also effects download speed dramatically. Any Ideas? I also noticed, if I disable and then re-enable the adapter, I initially get full signal(5 out of 5 bars). Then after a couple of minutes, it...
February 24th 07 09:55 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
3 216
Dvd Drive Disappears randomly by Cdeath[_2_]
Hey guys, I am new to this forum. This is my first post. Anyways, I have a dvd drive (Hitachi that is detected in the bios and sometimes by windows vista home premium) This is stock on my laptop, both the operating system and the dvd drive. I have not ever added another os or did a factory restore. I contacted my laptops brand (gateway) and they told me a factory restore was needed before...
February 5th 10 07:14 PM
by Cdeath[_2_] Go to last post
0 300
Dvd Drive Disappears randomly by Cdeath[_2_]
Hey guys, I am new to this forum. This is my first post. Anyways, I have a dvd drive (Hitachi that is detected in the bios and sometimes by windows vista home premium) This is stock on my laptop, both the operating system and the dvd drive. I have not ever added another os or did a factory restore. I contacted my laptops brand (gateway) and they told me a factory restore was needed before...
February 14th 10 04:46 AM
by Cdeath[_2_] Go to last post
8 517
ATI Radeon 9800 and AMD Opteron 180 by cdgaefke
I have a MSI Neo2 Platinum (nVidia nforce 3 ultra chipset). One of the last AMD 939 AGP boards made. I have an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro. With Vista 32 and Vista 64, the ATI drivers, and even Microsoft's drivers, worked just fine - when I had an AMD 64 3000+ CPU in it. I just put in a shiny new AMD Opteron 180, and all the sudden the drivers are failing, both in 64 and 32. Installing the...
May 23rd 07 11:41 AM
by cdgaefke Go to last post
7 108
BFG 650i ultra mobo by cdland
Hello people... having fun yet ? Ok so here is my problem... I have a new motherboard, BFG 650i ultra. I had XP and vista on my old dead board, a P5P800se AGP 865pe chipset. So now to the 650i chipset, setup XP on this board and it works fine. Setup the duel boot to Vista on the second Raptor hard drive and after the first reboot I get the BSOD from the ntdll.dll hard error. Tried turning off...
August 12th 07 10:50 PM
by cdland Go to last post
0 91
no volume in internet explorer by cdleblanc
I am unable to hear anything when in internet explorer, but I have volume when I start a game. Does anyone know if I need to click something that I am not seeing? Can someone help?
July 17th 08 10:44 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 137
DVD player by CDX
m trying to install a wireless network but when I try the install disc it will not openand run any ideas anyone
September 11th 07 08:52 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 112
Hard Drive temperature in Vista??? by cebess
I lost my main hard drive and so I "had" to switch over to Vista over the weekend. In the process I thought I'd write a quick gadget to monitor drive temperatures. Getting a console application working to get at where the data should be was easy (see attached). But it looks like each manufacturer puts their drive temperature informamtion in a different location within the vendor specific data of...
November 21st 06 03:30 PM
by cebess Go to last post
0 133
Generic USB SD Reader by CECarroll1945
My Gateway computer has Vista Home Premium. My Toshiba laptop has XP. I purchased a Sandisk Ultra II, 2GB to transfer data from my laptop to the Gateway. The data transferred from the laptop to the Sandisk but the computer with Vista does not see the data on the card. I saved a photo from the Vista computer to the card and it shows up with the Vista computer but not in the XP computer. ...
June 25th 09 08:54 AM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
9 298
Vista by Cecil Ennett[_2_]
I'm running vista home, and the settings keep getting lost. For instance, I get a message "corrupted win.ini", "can't get information from within win.ini" I really feel like this vista went beyond the vista never to be seen again.
September 10th 08 03:09 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 300
AKTMDRHT by ceebezee[_2_]
Hi, any one come across this AKTMDRHT IDE drive. I have reinstalled Vista back and forth from 64 to 32 bit. Now in the device manager i have this yellow flag along side the above controller. What does it do ? To whom does it belong to ?
May 8th 08 11:26 PM
by ceebezee[_2_] Go to last post
0 195
HP 2840 and Vista Ultimate x64 by ceekaye
HP drivers online have at minimum allowed us to install and use the printing function. However, the installation CD with all of the HP software for scanning, faxing, etc. doesn't run. Click setp.exe and the spash windoe says "click install to begin..." but the only button available is EXIT. I'll be on the phone with HP customer service on Monday morning. Anyone else out ther having installation...
May 19th 08 10:03 PM
by ceekaye Go to last post
4 277
HP 3390 driver & Vista by cefpe
I just loaded Vista Home Premium and Vista will not recognize at startup or when trying to install my HP 3390 AIO printer. Nothing happens and I can't even print a test page. On HP's website there is no Vista driver for HP 3390. HP help has no solution. Can anyone help with this answer? Thanks, CF
February 3rd 07 06:45 PM
by BobC Go to last post

From The