Removing Readyboost Drive by Si[_4_]
I have been using a readtboost drive for a while now and I don't think it is enhancing the performance of my PC (I have 2GB of RAM) so I think I should remove it. I just wanted to know if there was anything special I had to do apart from just unplugging the drive? Cheers. Si
May 20th 08 09:03 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
3 234
5:1 SOUND and Vista Ultimate by Si[_3_]
i have a 5:1 AC97 onboard sound ...every speaker works fine when testing but when playing music or a movie through Mediaplayer i only get sound from the front 2 speakers and sub Any idea's
May 3rd 08 03:00 PM
by Paul Smith Go to last post
1 171
5:1speakers....Vista by Si[_3_]
When playing music the sound only comes out of front 2 speaker when i test my 5:1 every speaker works fine any ideas why this is....cheers 5600 AMDx2 2gig Ram MSI K9N4 Sli BFG 8800GTS 320m
December 8th 07 09:42 AM
by Si[_3_] Go to last post
0 120
Wifi Problems by sizl
I have a Sony VAIO CR laptop with Vista Ultimate. My wifi device manager has competely stopped working, however I still can access the internet. It claims I am not connected to anything. How can I fix this?
November 19th 07 02:50 AM
by sizl Go to last post
0 96
Wifi Problems by sizl
I have a Sony VAIO CR laptop with Vista Ultimate. My wifi device manager has competely stopped working, however I still can access the internet. It claims I am not connected to anything and does not give me a list of connections. How can I fix this?
November 19th 07 02:49 AM
by sizl Go to last post
0 141
keyboard problems by Siveroth
Im running vista home pemium on a dell xps 410 and everything was working fine until i installed the new windows updates (4/9) and shutdown. When i first tried to turn it back on it was just a black screen, the diagnostic lights showed a faulty memory module and my owners manual suggested uninstalling the ram one at a time and reinstalling to test it. I took one out and restarted and it...
April 10th 08 04:41 PM
by Siveroth Go to last post
0 123
Blank screen after upgrade to 4GB RAM by sivaperiasamy
Hi, Could anyone please help me in the below problem I had 2.5GB of RAM in HP laptop. OS - vista home premium service pack2. The system works fine. I upgraded to 4GB RAM(2*2GB). when upgraded to 4GB in bios able to see as ~3.33GB of RAM. I am able to see microsoft progress bar also, but after that the screen is blank and able to hear windows logon sound but no display. The screen is black.
September 18th 09 07:51 PM
by Curious[_4_] Go to last post
2 175
Palm PDA and Vista by Sister PDA
I have a Sony Clie TJ27 that worked fine in XP Pro. The new laptop has Vista. I loaded the Palm Desktop software and it synced once. Now it does not recognize the device. I have clicked on Run as Administrator and XP compatible. Is it possible to reload just this driver in case it is corrupted? Thanks, Sister
March 10th 08 10:15 PM
by Wolfgang Sirges Go to last post
2 195
pocket media usage by sirwilliam
tried finding instructions on definition and usage but to no avail. Pls advise where
April 21st 08 04:05 AM
by sirwilliam Go to last post
0 130
External Hard drive for Vista 64 by Sirboy
I'm a newbie to Vista and was hoping to find some help. I have Vista Ultimate 64 installed on my new pc (AMD Athlon64 X2 6000+ processor, Asus M2N-E mobo, 4 X 1gb Kingston pc2-6400 ram, WD 500gb SATAII hard drive, Asus GeForce 8500GT Silent 512mb video card, Antec Sonata III 500W case, LG 20X DVD+- drive). I wanted to buy an external hard drive to transfer my family pics and vids from my XP...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 23rd 08 11:58 AM
by accessteam Go to last post
12 283
Widescreen Monitor by Sir Turtlehead
I replaced my old 17" CRT monitor (4:3 ratio??) with a 19" widescreen and everything is stretched out. How do adjust the aspect ratio in Vista? When I change "optimal aspect ratio" setting through my monitor to off, the ratio looks great but it does not use the entire screen and is obviously not in widescreen.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 26th 08 01:44 PM
by Curious[_3_] Go to last post
17 323
microsoft supplied drivers for ATI cards? by Sir Kyle
so i guess lots of people are having video card problems with the newest builds. i have an agp ati x800 xtpe and from what i gather the ati vista drivers are basically useless and the microsoft supplied drivers allow most people to have a halfway funtioning video card atleast. well i have tried both drivers, and i get the same NES looking garbage screen, where i can barely read the error...
October 11th 06 11:57 AM
by mittelk Go to last post
3 134
Two error messages upon boot - wlanapi.dll by Sir James
When Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bit loads to the desktop I am greeted by two error messages. "The proceedure entry point apsInitialize could not be located in the dynamic link library wlanapi.dll" "The proceedure entry point asSearchInterface could not be located in the dynamic link library wlanapi.dll" I have done a lot of research to solve this problem, however to little avail. My...
April 13th 08 05:36 PM
by Sir James[_2_] Go to last post
4 149
USB hard drive enclosure, no Vista drivers by Sir Benjamin Nunn
Hi, I have a Sumvision USB2-SATA Drive enclosure, fitted with a Western Digital 400 Gb drive. When I plug it into a laptop running XP, the drivers all install automatically. However, on my Vista box, there is a problem in finding a driver - Vista reports this as the driver for the hard drive itself, not the enclosure.
June 3rd 07 08:20 PM
by freddy Go to last post
3 124
things are falling apart... by sipen
Hi Guys, Not sure where to start, there seem to be a hoast of issues with my new instalation of vista premium. Some specs: AMD 64 processor 3800 2.47 gHz Memory 2gb 32 bit op system NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT
December 7th 08 12:11 AM
by sipen Go to last post
0 235
Windows only sees 2Gb of Ram by SiP
Running Vista Business on DFI Infinity 975X/G with 4Gb of DDR2-800. For some reason the bios reports the full 4Gb but windows only ever reports 2Gb (I know the GFX card would take some but I was expecting approx 3Gb). Run MemTest86 tests overnight so it's not the dims. Any ideas?
March 3rd 07 06:19 PM
by Steve Jain Go to last post
3 226
Yamaha S-YXG50 no sound by Sinna
Hi all, Can someone point me into the right direction to have Vista playing MIDI files through the Yamaha S-YXG50 SoftSynthesizer? I managed to install the package and it looks like everything is alright, but I don't hear any sound at all. Unfortunately Yamaha has stopped support for this amazing product. Any suggestions? TIA,
February 19th 08 08:27 PM
by Bill Beer Go to last post
1 116
If you have a HP Laptop and No Audio Drivers/Audio Problems by Simsony
Please sign this petition online as HP ought to release drivers for these vista capable PCs. http://www.petitiononline.com/HPAudio/petition.html Until then you'll have to use XP drivers that slow down the PC or MS drivers without the microphone. Thanks.
April 10th 07 07:24 PM
by Simsony Go to last post
0 123
Vertical scrolling problems with mouse by simrick405[_6_]
Hi. I've got a scrolling issue that I hope someone can help me with. I have a Toshiba A215-S6804 laptop with Vista Home Premium SP1, IE7 and OpenOffice. I had installed a Dynex optical wireless notebook mouse and found that I could only vertically scroll in IE7. I assumed it was a driver issue because Dynex don't market this mouse specifically for Vista. So I bought a Logitech V320 wireless...
June 10th 08 01:01 PM
by simrick405[_10_] Go to last post
5 199
CD-RW drive doesn't work by SimRacer
I just installed Vista Ultimate X64 on my computer, this was a clean install and all appeared to be working correctly. The computer has two optical drives #1 DVD-RW and #2 CD-RW. The #1 dvd drive works fine. The Optorite CD-RW drive is listed in the Device Manager and shows in My Computer. If I insert any disk in the CD-RW drive it scans the disk for a few seconds and stops. You can not get...
November 18th 07 01:08 AM
by Michael Walraven[_3_] Go to last post

From The