Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
installation issue/Try by Chad Harris
Kyle -- I think you can fix your boot situation using this: If you have to format to try again, vista will allow you to run setup in XP and keep your drive letters or run setup from a restart and change the drive letters but it will create a reliable dual boot. You have your space, so once you install Vista if you went to a new build you can use Disk Management from XP to format your Vista...
August 28th 06 06:08 PM
by Mark D. VandenBerg Go to last post
2 669
MSFT Finally Kills the Vista Kill Switch in Vista SP1 by Chad Harris
http://blogs.zdnet.com/Bott/?p=334
December 18th 07 12:25 AM
by Universe_JDJ Go to last post
1 142
MSFT Hot Fix and Hot Issue Center by Chad Harris
MSFT Hot Fix and Hot Issue Center http://blogs.technet.com/hot/archive/2007/12/10/welcome-to-microsoft-hot-fix-and-hot-issue-center.aspx "Welcome to Microsoft Hot Fix and Hot Issue Center Thank you for checking Microsoft Hot Fix and Hot Issue Center. My team, content team, handles all the hot-fix related knowleadge base articles for almost all Microsoft product, such as Windows XP/Server...
December 14th 07 01:13 AM
by MICHAEL Go to last post
5 137
Vista Tutorial Video: State of the Art by Chad Harris
Master Windows Vista Just Like the Experts! http://tinyurl.com/28yfmh Enjoy, CH Alfredo Mooooooooo Kasey is at da bat and you're being wiretapped with Telco Immunity passed by spinless Democrats Feinstein and Shmendrick Schumer next
November 9th 07 08:05 AM
by Rich Go to last post
1 103
Is it possible to install Vista onto Ext. USB Hard Drive? by Chad Harris
I've found endless threads on this but nothing definitive. If this can be done, by now I'm sure someone has the way. I couldn't get it done. CH
November 2nd 07 05:09 AM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post
8 175
Apple Release Safari Browser for Vista and XP by Chad Harris
Also: http://www.edbott.com/weblog/ CH "Chad Harris" vistaneedsmuchowork.net wrote in message ... Here's one answer to the MSFT IE team's refusal to fix crashes that happen
June 14th 07 03:59 AM
by Chad Harris Go to last post
0 106
Apple Release Safari Browser for Vista and XP by Chad Harris
http://blogs.zdnet.com/Bott/ CH "Chad Harris" vistaneedsmuchowork.net wrote in message ... Here's one answer to the MSFT IE team's refusal to fix crashes that happen frequently with Adobe Flash (formerly Macromedia): Use Safari on Vista:
June 14th 07 03:53 AM
by Chad Harris Go to last post
0 103
OEM Bios Hacks Reported by Chad Harris
WGA Blog Reported OEM BIOS Hacks http://blogs.msdn.com/wga/archive/2007/04/10/reported-oem-bios-hacks.aspx CH
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 13th 07 05:08 AM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
24 356
Run Vista legally for at least one year/ Vista Activation doesn't stop Piracy by Chad Harris
Brian Livingston has a new trick: Microsoft has built into Vista a function that allows anyone to extend the operating system's activation deadline not just three times, but many times. The same one-line command that postpones Vista's activation deadline to 120 days can be used an indefinite number of times by first changing a Registry key from 0 to 1. This isn't a hacker exploit. It...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 25th 08 01:34 PM
by Peter Foldes[_2_] Go to last post
71 1,439
2 'New' Installation MSKBs/EULA Change/Anytime Upgrade FAQ by Chad Harris
From Nick White's Vista Team Blog: KB 932616: Installation choices for consumer versions of Windows Vista (32-bit only) http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932616 KB 932795: Installation choices for 64-bit consumer versions of Windows Vista http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932795/
March 18th 07 12:54 AM
by Pecos Go to last post
1 186
Facts on the "Upgrade Loophole" by Chad Harris
Ed Bott's Microsoft Report Vista Hands On #4: Clean install with an upgrade key February 15th, 2007 http://blogs.zdnet.com/Bott/?p=196#more-196 I've been reading the breathless reports from other websites this week about the "Vista upgrade loophole." Most of it is typical echo-chamber stuff, and most of the reports I've read so far have gotten the basic facts wrong. The Setup feature they're...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
27 297
MSFT Connect Officially Rejects Public Access to Bugs by Chad Harris
LOL Robert-- For what I assume is a grown man's body, you pack a lot of epithets you should have left on the elementary school cutting room floor. You're prime time proof of the Wordsworth and Hopkins observations that "The Child is father of the man." The only fluff and bluster and trajectory down fast is your syncophantic feined outrage. Are you a closet Redmon softie?
September 9th 06 04:56 PM
by Chad Harris Go to last post
0 129
MSFT Connect Officially Rejects Public Access to Bugs to Robert by Chad Harris
LOL Robert-- For what I assume is a grown man's body, you pack a lot of epithets you should have left on the elementary school cutting room floor. You're prime time proof of the Wordsworth and Hopkins observations that "The Child is father of the man." The only fluff and bluster and trajectory down fast is your syncophantic feined outrage. Are you a closet Redmon softie?
September 9th 06 04:57 PM
by Chad Harris Go to last post
0 151
MSFT Connect Officially Rejects Public Access to Bugs by Chad Harris
LOL Robert-- For what I assume is a grown man's body, you pack a lot of epithets you should have left on the elementary school cutting room floor. You're prime time proof of the Wordsworth and Hopkins observations that "The Child is father of the man." The only fluff and bluster and trajectory down fast is your syncophantic feined outrage. Are you a closet Redmon softie?
September 9th 06 04:58 PM
by Chad Harris Go to last post
0 144
MSFT Connect Officially Rejects Public Access to Bugs to Robert by Chad Harris
LOL Robert-- For what I assume is a grown man's body, you pack a lot of epithets you should have left on the elementary school cutting room floor. You're prime time proof of the Wordsworth and Hopkins observations that "The Child is father of the man." The only fluff and bluster and trajectory down fast is your syncophantic feined outrage. Are you a closet Redmon softie?
September 9th 06 04:58 PM
by Chad Harris Go to last post
0 159
MSFT Connect Officially Rejects Public Access to Bugs by Chad Harris
LOL Robert-- For what I assume is a grown man's body, you pack a lot of epithets you should have left on the elementary school cutting room floor. You're prime time proof of the Wordsworth and Hopkins observations that "The Child is father of the man." The only fluff and bluster and trajectory down fast is your syncophantic feined outrage. Are you a closet Redmon softie?
September 9th 06 09:43 PM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post
3 120
MSFT Connect Officially Rejects Public Access to Bugs to Robert by Chad Harris
LOL Robert-- For what I assume is a grown man's body, you pack a lot of epithets you should have left on the elementary school cutting room floor. You're prime time proof of the Wordsworth and Hopkins observations that "The Child is father of the man." The only fluff and bluster and trajectory down fast is your syncophantic feined outrage. Are you a closet Redmon softie?
September 9th 06 05:44 PM
by Chad Harris Go to last post
0 168
So called Vista Upgrade Advisor Lies to Sell OEM Vista (no recovery mechanism when you buy) by Chad Harris
Vista RC1 what Beta 2 or I'd say Beta 1 should have been (in other words Vista RTM is really what Beta 1 should have been in my book) Josh's blog http://windowsconnected.com/blogs/joshs_blog/archive/2006/09/06/3672.aspx Inside RC1 http://windowsconnected.com/blogs/joshs_blog/archive/2006/09/06/3672.aspx Vista RC1 So Near and Yet so Far
September 10th 06 11:26 AM
by Tony Hoyle Go to last post
1 222
Bill Gates 1 hour interview Charlie Rose 12:30A Eastern/3 Hours Later Pacific by Chad Harris[_5_]
Bill Gates is being interviewed live on Charlie Rose @12:30AM Eastern and 3 Hours Later Pacific for an hour on what's coming next and perspective from past. CH
December 27th 08 05:16 PM
by GS Go to last post
9 274
Dual Boot of (2) Windows 7s (Now First Doesn't Show After Using One to Format Vista by Chad Harris[_6_]
I figure that since millions of Windows 7 installations on the CPP have been made, not to mention tap build s and tech beta builds, that it is appropriate to ask this question since a) It involves a former Vista on a dual boot b) MSFT has seen fit to put only one NNTP public group up for Win 7 and it is an Italian one and I don't speak Italian or even drive a Ferrari or Lamborghini or Maserati ...
April 4th 09 10:55 AM
by Chad Harris[_7_] Go to last post

From The