Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Failed to format the selected partition (Error: 0x80004005) by Mike K
I had 3 partitions on my SATA, i deleted one to install RC1 but when i tried to format it it gave me error "error 0x800424f". this sounds similar. I will try to reformat the entire drive and let you know if that worked. "Clothears" wrote: I haven't installed any additional drivers. Since the installer has accurately read the partition table, what could usefully be additionally loaded?...
October 26th 08 12:56 AM
by JamesR404 Go to last post
1 978
64-bit vs 32-bit Vista by Pat Garard
G'Day All, I will be installing Vista HP on a new PC next week. I will have the option to install either a 64-bit or a 32-bit version. Can anyone advise on the Pros and Cons to be weighed, and the impact on software? -- Regards,
October 25th 08 09:54 PM
by Pat Garard Go to last post
5 516
TSST corp DVD +RW ts H653B SCSI CDROM Device by Linda
I have an error saying this is not lined up right (my word) is their a way to look at this for me to see if My unit is running up to max thanks all Linda -- Thanks Linda
October 25th 08 09:49 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 408
2 vista disks doesn't work? by John[_28_]
I have a Vista and also a cloned vista for backup. After about 4 days something happened so I booted from the old vista. About 50% of the files on the new vista got copied over by the old vista. Why does this happen? Strangest thing was my email (thunderbird). The email files got SWITCHED! The old went to the new and vice versa. That isn't easy to do. I also lost my nice new desktop and...
October 25th 08 06:47 PM
by John Barnes[_2_] Go to last post
6 528
Vista 32 and 64 bit dual boot by ElHombre86
Hi, I have Vista 32 bit installed on my system and was wondering how do I go about setting a dual boot with Vista 64 bit, so that I can choose either OS at boot. I have a 500 gb hard drive and plan on using 100 or more for the partition. Any ideas? Virtual machines are not an option! Oh, and I do have two Vista licenses. -- ElHombre86
October 25th 08 03:08 PM
by ElHombre86 Go to last post
5 455
MSN Messenger by Gui..
I'm trying to get the latest version of msn...but when I click the message to install, it says I must do some critical actualizations on my pc...it's something related to activeX.......Does anybody know what it means?????
October 25th 08 02:10 PM
by batch_denon Go to last post
3 512
Second Installation by Markos Mevorah
Hello, I would like to ask you this: I have bought a Windows Vista Business English Edition DVD. I have installed this in my current PC. I have activated this and it is OK. Now I am planning to buy completely new PC with all new hardware. I want to ask: Can I use the same DVD mentioned above to install same
October 25th 08 11:27 AM
by Markos Mevorah Go to last post
6 554
hp deskjet driver for windows vista by phanx_17
how can i install driver to my vista -- phanx_17 Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
October 25th 08 07:57 AM
by Snidley W. Go to last post
5 485
New PC doesn't boot after Vista Install by Steve_BZ
Hi Guys, after buying a new Megaware/ASUS PC with Vista Home Premium in Portuguese, I reinstalled, first my old XP in English (no boot) and then Vista Ulimate in English also no boot. The installation works fine and installs to my SATA c-drive, but then when I reboot, nothing. I read somewhere that SATA drivers are not provided with Vista (and therefore I guess not with XP either), and you have...
October 24th 08 11:37 AM
by Steve_BZ[_3_] Go to last post
8 489
Moving to Vistax64 tonight... few question.. by vipeness
Hey Guys! First time on these forums and just signed up. I have a few questions; I'm going to be moving from Vista 32bit to Vista64bit tonight.. I currently have Vista32bit installed and I know that I have to completely format the drive to install Vista64bit.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 24th 08 10:32 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
15 836
Vista Basic Update Issues by yokukitekudasai
Hello, new to the forum. I'm having some issues with upgrading to Windows Basic on one of my old computers. I have inserted the dvd into my dvd-rom it begins to run but then just stops. It won't bring up the install, and when I try to explore the dvd it does nothing. I have a Basic 32 bit dvd trying to install on a HP a347x with 512mb ram, 340gb hd, 2.6ghz intel 4 and I am currently running XP...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 24th 08 09:52 AM
by Jack the Ripper Go to last post
10 792
Cannot install Vista by BGibson
Okay I'm banging my head off the wall trying to figure this one out. I've got a Sony SATA DVD/CD burner drive plugged in to an EVGA 790i Ultra MoBo connected to a Western Digital 300gb VelociRaptor SATA HD and each component is fresh out of the box. Vista is the first OS I've tried to load on this machine. Every time I try to load Vista x64 Ultimate onto my hard drive I get an error message...
October 24th 08 08:07 AM
by philo Go to last post
1 459
vista install question by Luvrsmel[_2_]
I have an XP machine with two 500Gb drives. XP is on C drive but I would like to install Vista on D drive which has some saved programs. My question is: Does Vista reformat the drive its installing onto or will it install leaving my other programs on D drive intact? TIA!
October 23rd 08 08:06 PM
by Luvrsmel[_2_] Go to last post
9 555
Windows can't search for updates by Luc
I get an error message : 0800B0100. I tried to contact MS but did not got an answer that solves my problem. I tried to install SP1 in save mode as administrator but at the end the installation fails with an "helpfull" message : look at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=10139. There I've found a list of 8 (?) point to verify or to do, I did them all but no succes either. On the net i've...
October 22nd 08 07:29 PM
by Luc Go to last post
5 588
Vista hanging by DDW[_3_]
On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 15:16:53 +0200, "Warren" wrote: Hi I recently got Vista home premium. in the last 7 days my computer has automatically restarted no less than 754 times. whenever i start up windows explorer restarts a few times before "dumping" . the only way to start up is in safe mode. (it is a new laptop with vista installed.) Cross-posted to vista.general...
October 22nd 08 06:23 PM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
1 441
Migrate from 32-bit Vista Ultimate to 64-bit by Cox
Greetings All, I am not a regular here. My name is Tom and I have what I hope is an easy question for some of the regulars. Please know that I have searched the web, Microsoft, and several other newsgroups before posting here. :) I would like to do a clean install of Vista Ultimate 64-bit without having to purchase another upgrade and learn how I can do this. I am currently running...
October 22nd 08 05:55 PM
by Curious[_5_] Go to last post
7 542
Application Lost after upgrade by Maurice
This is a 2.66Ghz laptop with 2GB memory. Office 2007 installed months earlier. Machine upgraded to Vista Ultimate from XP Pro. The machine no longer shows Office 2007 as an application. How can one troubleshoot this? Could the files be on windows.old? Guidance sought on this and what is contained in windows.old.
October 22nd 08 04:41 PM
by pooch Go to last post
6 486
October 22nd 08 12:04 AM
by Jack the Ripper Go to last post
0 388
Install BOTH 32bit and 64bit Vista on SAME machine with only 1 license?? by Robert Leonard
Is it possible to purchase a 32bit version of Vista, then order the 64bit version (I'm told this can be ordered for free, plus shipping)... Using the same key that was given with the purchased 32bit version, you could then install the 64bit version on the SAME PC as the 32bit version... Is this possible?? To have both the 32bit and 64bit versions running on the same PC with you only needing to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 21st 08 09:11 PM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
11 758
x64 Bit Install by ph0rce[_2_]
Just installed the x64 version of Vista Ultimate on a Dell XPS420. Was working cool. But now after every restart my PC shows a black screen and the cpu fan starts to get faster & faster, Sounds like a jet engine starting up. It does come on eventually or mostly i have to reset the CMOS every time, It can't be the battery cause i only have it 2 weeks. Anyone had any similar problems????? Any...
October 21st 08 09:09 PM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post

From The