Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
The bugs keep popping up, sorry folks Vista is many ways is just as dumb as previous versions of Windows was by Adam Albright
I thought maybe I should relax a little instead of fighting with Vista for hours and hours. So this morning I was reviewing my extensive video collection which includes some funny web vids, some people sent me or I found, some I made over the years. All contain both video and audio tracks. These files span just about every audio/video file type there is. Well it was going ok viewing them in...
February 17th 07 10:48 AM
by cquirke (MVP Windows shell/user) Go to last post
5 284
Some general information on Blue Screens and Stop messages by Adam Albright
Some may find this useful: http://www.aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php Don't take literally everything you read there word for word. While a nice reference that's linked to many additional sources stop errors can be very broad and mean many things could have happened. Use as a starting point, not a absoulte cure. Ever if referenced to a different version of Windows like NT or XP the stop errors...
March 4th 07 08:31 PM
by Chad Harris Go to last post
1 116
Vista's new target user by Adam Albright
People like this guy: http://www.thebooge.ca/pictures/cheesehead.gif
February 16th 07 03:58 PM
by Chad Harris Go to last post
7 539
Another day, more inexcusably stupid mistakes caused by Vista by Adam Albright
Maybe I should have titled this thread the Never Ending Story. Vista is seriously flawed in its first retail release, badly broken in many areas, buggy as hell and they claim it was tested extensively. I can not and will no longer recommend this pile of crap to anybody. Surely not to anybody that has more than a basic system. If you have a more advanced system you will suffer long trying to get...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 7th 07 06:42 PM
by sooner1938[_3_] Go to last post
23 235
Latest goofy Vista bug by Adam Albright
Vista just for fun, without asking of course decided to kill my Internet connection, but just for web sites. I have a always on broadband connection from WOW which works quite well, is fast, and on 99% of the time. Its on now... obviously, I just send this post. So I DO have Internet access. This will make you chuckle. I was in another newsgroup and clicked on a embedded link to some
February 15th 07 04:45 AM
by joseph2k Go to last post
7 238
Got hours to waste? This web site is for you! by Adam Albright
If you enjoy watching grass grow or paint dry and also love to get into debates over which is better, OSX or Vista, or something else, the below link is something a little different. A casual round table discussion of Mac and Windows self proclaimed "experts" debate the finer and no so fine points and pros and cons. Often funny, rarely serious, sometimes a bit heated. Fun to watch for a few...
February 13th 07 04:52 AM
by Chad Harris Go to last post
1 208
Possible solution to Vista install problems... by Adam Albright
I'm being serious, this isn't a joke. I just saw a tv commerical a little while ago from Staples, one of the office supply chains, that is offering a FREE install of Vista if you buy it from them. Didn't catch any further details, was channel surfing. Don't know if you want to trust some clerk in a office supply store to install a OS for you, but I thought I'd pass the info along if anybody is...
February 9th 07 02:18 AM
by kevin forsythe Go to last post
1 164
Bad boy Vista! BAD! by Adam Albright
I walked away from my computer to come back and find it must have rebooted in my absence. I look in the Event Viewer and find this "event": {Registry Hive Recovered} Registry hive (file): '\??\C:\Users\XXXXXXXXXX\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat' was corrupted and it has been recovered. Some data might have been lost. Yea I guess, because when it rebooted it trashed my desktop that...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 14th 07 11:13 PM
by Bunny Go to last post
12 353
Stock up on Raid, there's bugs everywhere in Vista! by Adam Albright
A good phrase to sum up the released version of Vista would be pretty, but dumb as a doorknob. The deeper I look, the more obvious blunders I find. For example take Vista's default viewer that automatically pops up for graphic files. Its a nice feature and improved over the earlier XP version. But boy, is it dumb. Consider this sisutation. You browse some newsgroup and download a series of...
February 7th 07 08:57 PM
by Chris Altmann Go to last post
2 165
Vista Business possible HUGE "Security" problem. You got to read this! by Adam Albright
This is classic Microsoft. I hope there is a easy fix. Can anybody confirm this only happens on the business version or does this curse all versions of Vista? As many already know in a effort to improve security Vista now incorporates new levels of security, similar to UNIX permissions, which many of you already know about if you've ever uploaded files to a web server etc..
February 8th 07 02:51 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
9 194
Why can't I install Vista home preimum on XP Pro SP2 system with NO REPORTED ISSUES as a upgrade? by Adam Albright
Get as far as install accepting product key, then it goes out on the web for upgrade then comes back and gives no reason for stopping and suggests I upgrade to business, ultimate or enterprise versions or that I do a clean install. Neither a a good option for me. A clean install with the complex system I have would be a multi day nightmare. Thanks but no thanks, just went through that a month ago...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 7th 08 10:09 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
13 226
PLEASE TRADE WITH ME by Adam Bale
PLEASE TRADE WITH ME Please see my website http://oneprogrammablefan.blogspot.com/ email: See the website. Thanks Adam
August 10th 08 05:13 PM
by Adam Bale Go to last post
0 162
privileges from install disk command prompt by Adam Skeaping
My week-old Dell laptop running Vista Home Premium has suddenly presented me with the not unfamiliar boot-to-blank-screen-with-moveable-cursor syndrome even when F8-ing to Safe Mode with Command Prompt. The install disk repair option tells me there's nothing wrong with Vista, so I thought I'd try the command prompt from the install disk to get msconfig to turn off everything. Problem is,...
October 4th 09 11:33 AM
by Adam Skeaping Go to last post
0 162
Obstacles to setting up new Vista by Adam Skeaping
I'm having a Bad Time with my first attempt to set up Vista on my new Dell laptop. I have the privilages that go with selecting Admin account when I first went through the initial Vista user setup. * loads of Right-Click context menus don't include Properties. For instance, I want to put all user documents on a separate partition, but can't change where Documents point, because context...
March 26th 08 11:36 AM
by Adam Skeaping Go to last post
1 183
privileges from install disk command prompt by Adam Skeaping
My week-old Dell laptop running Vista Home Premium has suddenly presented me with the not unfamiliar boot-to-blank-screen-with-moveable-cursor syndrome even when F8-ing to Safe Mode with Command Prompt. The install disk repair option tells me there's nothing wrong with Vista, so I thought I'd try the command prompt from the install disk to get msconfig to turn off everything. Problem is,...
October 4th 09 11:33 AM
by Adam Skeaping Go to last post
0 103
Partition Problem by adam7
::i just install vista x64 on RAID 0 (2 X 250 Gb) volume. Volume space is 465 GB (instead of 500 GB! that’s alright), free space 451 GB, so it took 14GB on OS and Page File. Now i want to partition it and want to allocate about 100GB for system drive i think which is more then enough.:: ::But the problem is, on Disk Management when i select the volume and click shrink Volume i get...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 18th 08 03:15 PM
by Mark H[_2_] Go to last post
12 493
No MEDIA CENTERE with VISTA REINSTALL by adamfez
HELP ME please! I am so so bad with this I had to reinstall vista premium myself due to a update mess up. I am in china and no vista help as they not have it, So I managed to install it again and have found there is no media centre now, I am not very good with all this and any help would be great as i am stuck in china for another six months, So PLEASE PLEASE any help would be great for...
August 20th 07 01:50 PM
by adamfez Go to last post
4 162
Problem with my laptop keyboard by adamsey
Hi just got me a new toshiba satelite L40-14y in Sweden and installed it in English. The problem is that there is a mixed up somewhere. Some of the characters have change places and its kinda irritating. You dont alway get what you type. What can I do about that?
April 23rd 08 11:40 AM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 214
unified login by adaptabl
I have a few laptops with Vista home premium(configured as a workgroup) connecting to a windows 2003 server with a domain configured. I have the local login name and password identicle to the domain users username and password. I map a drive on the laptop to the server. The problem is every time we reboot the laptop we need to reenter the username and password for access to the share. Is...
December 6th 07 08:54 AM
by RoninV Go to last post
1 161
OEM downgrade by adaptabl
MS allows OEM users to use a prior version of the OS instead of Vista with a Vista licience(downgrade rights). How do I get an XP pro key to use with my OEM Vista Bussiness licience?
February 1st 07 09:50 PM
by Donald L McDaniel Go to last post

From The