Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
sound by Debbie[_2_]
Hello out there , I would like to know if anyone can help me get the sound turned back on on this computer I recently had to reset back to factory defaults for a display driver problem now I seem to not have any sound I am sure I am not muted checked that and speakers are also plugged in they also worked before display problem any suggestion would be helpful thank-you
December 9th 07 08:32 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
2 276
Back to XP from Vista by Mesfin Getahun
A few weeks ago I upgraded my laptop from XP home premium to vista home premium. After the thrity days trial period the OS locked and it only gives me access to Explorer to validate my copy of Vista. However i am getting it pretty difficult to validate it through my dial up connection. As i live in Ethiopia validating it by phone is also not an option as I get disconnected from the service...
December 9th 07 08:45 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
4 178
Install Vista Business Upgrade 32 bit over OEM Vista Ultimate 64 b by PrincipleOne
I have a new laptop with OEM Vista Ultimate 64 bit and due to driver issues with programs like OneNote 2007 I need to have a 32 bit system. I have a Vista Business 32 bit upgrade disc and I was wondering if it can be installed as an upgrade (wouldn't that be a downgrade)?
December 9th 07 08:48 AM
by colinzim[_2_] Go to last post
6 184
Black screen on install by SideShow
I'm having a problem with installing vista. I get to the point where it says press a key to install, so I do. Then it comes up like it is loading the OS for about 6 seconds then I get a back screen followed by nothing. I got a new video card thinking that was the issue but it does the same thing.
December 9th 07 10:11 AM
by SideShow Go to last post
2 149
"recommeded program" by [email protected]
I right-clicked an MP4 file, clicked OPEN WITH|CHOOSE DEFAULT PROGRAM... but inadvertently chose Adobe Reader 7, which now appears in the "recommended programs" list. How can that item be removed from the list? Have searched REGEDIT for... MP4 OPEN WITH ADOBE READER 7.0 RECOMMENDED PROGRAMS
December 9th 07 12:12 PM
by dev[_2_] Go to last post
2 154
Texas Instruments by Do I need Texas Instruments
I have been uninstalling games that I have downloaded as I think they are slowing down the speed of my computer and I think I have accidentally deleted a program I need. I deleted 'Texas Instruments' I'm not sure what this program is for, bu the below message has come up on my computer, please help!: Problem caused by Texas Instruments PCIxx12 Integrated FlashMedia Controller
December 9th 07 01:05 PM
by Malke Go to last post
1 129
Windows Server 2008 Tips and Tricks ! by Russel Pitt
How To Install and configure Windows Server 2008 core?, 10 things to consider when making a Windows Server 2008 upgradedecision, Three exciting improvements in Windows Server 2008, Vista Tips, Tricks and more ... http://vista-tricks-tips.blogspot.com
December 9th 07 01:48 PM
by mikeyhsd[_2_] Go to last post
2 135
Stopping programs at staartup by Ian M[_3_]
I have a compaq notebook running Vista Home Premium. Unfortunately the PC was bought in Spain and has Spanish OS which I don't fully understand! When I boot the PC it always starts HP Quickplay DVD player automatically and try as I have, I can't stop it doing this (there is NO dvd in the slot). Anyone any ideas (either in English or Spanish). Thanks for any help.
December 9th 07 03:20 PM
by Drew Go to last post
2 122
Microsoft Streets & Trips 2006 by Jim Vary
After installation from CD is complete, I get the following message when trying to start Microsoft Streets & Trips 2006: "Your registry settings for this application were not copied correctly. To correct these settings, run Setup again for this application from the location where you originally installed it." I ran Setup again and got the same message as above. I uninstalled and reinstalled...
December 9th 07 05:52 PM
by brink[_2238_] Go to last post
6 131
Extending Partition by Z
Based on my limited search I get the impression that this dead horse has been beaten since the release of vista, but most of the recommended solutions (namely diskpart utility and the disk management part of the computer management control panel program) have decisively failed. I had 3 partitions on my one drive. The first was a paging partition for Linux. The second had Xubuntu (Feisty Fawn...
December 9th 07 06:29 PM
by Rod Go to last post
8 139
Question about Upgrade version by tsonka
I have been reading about the upgrade version of Home premium and have a question. Whenever i finally decide on what Im going to get and I install a new OS (Vista), I dont want any reminants of XP still around, I want a 100% fresh clean install. I understand that I can pop in the "Upgrade" disc in a PC that has XP on it, chose "custom" install and preform my clean install. My question is:...
December 9th 07 09:07 PM
by Noel Go to last post
3 119
Vista Ultimate and Language packs coverage by Ultimator
Hello, I will receive a new Japanese desktop Dell with Vista Ultimate and Office, both Japanese. I plan to change the interface to English and have 2 questions: 1. After changing to English, are the Windows interface + applications exactly the same as if I had purchased an English Vista? (no hidden Japanese somewhere?) 2. Office Japanese. Will the Ultimate version be able to change Office...
December 10th 07 12:16 AM
by Norman Diamond Go to last post
2 113
Can't do partition in windows vista home premium by [email protected]
i tried to do partition in my primary drive. After I shrink volume, I get 20gb of unallocated space. But when I start new simple volume wizard until the final step, I was prompted with error message that " the operation you selected will convert basic disk to dynamic disk". When I select yes, operation can not be performed. I cannot format the drive and thus cannot use the unallocated space. Can...
December 10th 07 12:23 AM
by Norman Diamond Go to last post
3 123
Setting up two monitors by tbogs
I have recently purchased a NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT and added it to the expansion slot of my Gateway GM5472 Desktop Computer. I also have NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE that came with my computer. When I try to add a second monitor it does not recognize it. It appears to combine both graphic cards. Is there a way to have one monitor go off the 8500 and the other go off the 6150?
December 10th 07 04:47 AM
by tbogs Go to last post
0 102
Downgrading to XP by BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH[_2_]
Does anyone know how I might get my computer to "downgrade" to XP? Windows Vista gives me the Blue Screen around three times a day on average (!), whereas my old PC running on XP would crash only once a week.
December 10th 07 09:55 AM
by David Morgan \(MAMS\) Go to last post
4 136
Dual Boot by Roger Stenson
Hi I would like to Dual Boot Windows Home Server with a copy of Vista Home Premium. The main role of the machine will be as a home server but I need a back up media centre in emergencies just to handle the recording of external media. The target machine is Intel dual core with three disc drives. There is an 80 meg drive partitioned two ways which I expect to use for the two OS. 40 meg ...
December 10th 07 11:41 AM
by Roger Stenson Go to last post
0 148
Add windows functions in vista by Norway_boy
I bought a a dell vostro 1700 with vista business. Now i wanted to add the games just for fun, but when i start My Computer, Add/Remove programs and then turn Windows-functions on or off. When I open that folder, it's just white...... No matter how long i wait, and its kinda anoying. I can choose OK or CANCEL. Thats all:S Anyone know the problem?:)
December 10th 07 12:08 PM
by anandk Go to last post
2 125
IE7 Crashes constantly by Vigilante
Can this be re-installed? I have disabled all of the plug ins and it still happens. I'm using Firefox now but since I cant uninstall Explorer isn't this a failure point? I see many people posting this but no one has a fix?
December 10th 07 12:14 PM
by anandk Go to last post
7 116
Boot and shutdown warnings in eventviewer by PeroTT
Hi there, Everytime i start up or shut down my computer i get warnings in eventviewer. On start up i get: EventData BootTsVersion 2 BootStartTime 2007-12-10T13:21:44.656Z BootEndTime 2007-12-10T13:24:24.142Z
December 10th 07 03:07 PM
by PeroTT Go to last post
0 124
Re-Installing Vista with Recovery CD by Nadi
Hello There. I have recently purchased Packard Bell computer with which Windows Vista Home premium was given. Since i got problem with my computer, I want to recover my Vista installation with recovery CD. But i don't know how should i do it as i made a stupid mistake and installed Windows XP thinking that it will solved the problem by letting me to run the recovery CD to get Vistan...
December 10th 07 03:16 PM
by John Barnett MVP[_3_] Go to last post

From The