Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
explore opening question by Henry Krautter
Hi, When I open explore for my computer the C drive displays all the folders. The C drive is only my boot drive. Is there a way to stop this? Thanks, Henry
May 25th 07 03:54 PM
by Tim Go to last post
4 260
Environment Variables by Arne
Is it permissible to change the evironment variables to have temp files placed on as second hard drive (where the OS is not installed). I changed the location to T:/Temp and now there are problems installing Acrobat Reader. Originally, the partition was on the same hard drive as the OS, and this change did not cause any problems. After moving files and creating and formating the T:/...
May 25th 07 03:06 PM
by Arne Go to last post
5 232
Screen Saver "Wait" grayed out by [email protected]
On Vista Ultimate, standard mouse & keyboard when I go into Screen Saver setup on all screen savers the Wait time is set to 30 and the On resume, display logon screen box is checked but these options are grayed out. This is a new development - used to be able to change these 2 options. I think it may have stuck to gray after doing a Windows Update today. I'm logged in as Administrator. ...
May 25th 07 02:51 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 213
Using Setup to Deploy Vista Enterprise - Rearm issues by [email protected]
I'm trying to deploy Vista Enterprise using Windows Setup and a custom image. I'm using the walkthrough at: http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsVista/en/library/3e967a50-5ba8-4ce1-afb1-375f3111ece61033.mspx?mfr=true However, when I copy my image to the Vista source files on a network share calling it "install.wim", the install fails if I have used sysprep to generalize the image. It installs...
May 25th 07 01:22 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 194
A few Vista questions and issues - please help... by Default User
Hi, Wow, they made some serious changes to Vista. So far I have these questions: I have an XP that has a shared printer, but when I try to connect to it from Vista it crashes the spooler. How do you install a network printer, but then redirect it to use a Vista driver instead of pulling it from the XP system?
May 25th 07 12:06 PM
by Default User Go to last post
0 229
Empty user profile after joining Windows 2003 domain by Christian Wirth
Dear newsgroup, strange thing about Vista Ultimate: After booking a Hewlett Packard TC 4400 notebook to a domain it looses the user profile information after every restart. The domain user was booked into the local admin group but nothing changed. I tried this already some time ago with a Hewlett Packard NC 6400 notebook where exactly the same happend.
May 25th 07 11:15 AM
by Pee Jay Go to last post
2 222
Not Retaining Profile Settings by crif
Upgraded from XP Pro SP2 to Vista Business. Not only are all my documents and application data gone but every time I log on, it appears as the first time I logged on. I setup my email account and preferences only to have the settings lost when I logoff. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
May 25th 07 11:15 AM
by Pee Jay Go to last post
4 218
upgrading from one version of vista to another by stadisticado
Being a student at my university, I am entitled to a free copy of Vista Business. While this is very nice, at some point I would like to upgrade to Ultimate. Is buying the retail upgrade package the only way to go here or is there another method that I would be able to use to jump from one version of Vista to another? Thanks.
May 25th 07 10:48 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 214
Vista Ultimate x64 Installation Reboot Issue by Shoel
I have an Acer 5052 laptop, on which the Vista Beta 2 (x64 version) runs just fine. I tried installing the Vista Ultimate x64 Retail, and it completes the first installation part, then reboots... When "starting windows for the first time..." it just reboots and cannot ever start up. Trying to start windows normally just makes it reboot after the initial progressbar screen Trying to start in...
May 25th 07 10:40 AM
by dmex Go to last post
1 206
AppCrash message on startup by kevincc
Every time Vista starts up, I get a message saying that windows stopped working (or something like that). The details are below. Anyone have an idea what this is? I've searched through the registry and looked in the startup folder and services, but can't find anything. What is fsquirt.exe? Problem signatu Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: fsquirt.exe Application...
May 25th 07 10:34 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
5 193
urgent opening the box by sollys
Hi. I could use some help.. I just bought myself vista ultimate32 retail box. But while opening it the second dvd, ultimate64, were not fastened in any way. The dvd already got some scrathes... Is this the way retail boxes are sold?? best regards remy lyssand
May 25th 07 09:15 AM
by sollys Go to last post
1 210
Vista install fails due to Deskview by Vesa Komulainen
I am trying to upgrade my Windows XP to Vista Business but after a lengthy process of checking compatibility the setup program claims I have DeskView installed on my Fujitsu A7640 laptop and wants me to uninstall it before installing Vista. I think I did have DeskView on the computer a couple of years ago, but it was removed yet obviously some traces of it are still there as the setup fails....
May 25th 07 08:45 AM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
1 193
Revert from Vista to XP using Windows.old by Karl
Hi, I'm trying to restore a PC from Vista to XP using the Windows.old folder. I understand most of the instructions I find he Z:\Freelance\May 2007\Uninstall Vista Upgrade\How to restore a computer to a previous Windows installation after you install Windows Vista.htm What I don't understand is what "y" refers to in the following:
May 25th 07 08:42 AM
by ...winston Go to last post
3 220
Upgrading Vista - Premium in English from Japan by Shinjuku
Hey Guys I have Vista Basic in English that I picked up second hand in the US. I live in Japan now. I tried to upgrade from Basic to Ultimate but it says it's not available in my region. Does anyone know how I can do this? And does anyoen know about the cost of upgrading from Basic to Premium? Thanks, Eric
May 25th 07 05:47 AM
by Chad Harris Go to last post
6 202
Dead XP Pro after dual-booting with Vista by Bill Clark
Windows XP Pro installed on an 80gb NTFS hard drive. I used PM8 to reduce that primary partion by 20gb for a Vista dual-boot. Rebooted the machine w/ Vista Business FULL in the drive, installed fine into the newly created partition. Upon reboot, got the Windows Boot Manager w/ the 2 options, selected the Vista option and performed all the available upgrades and it worked fine. Now when I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 25th 07 05:39 AM
by ...winston Go to last post
10 384
DVD Driver missing by Hustling Hare
I am building a new computer and am using a new ASUS DVD, model DV-1814BL, which is advertised to support WinV64. It appears to read the WinV installation DVD ok but stops in the data gathering stage asking for a driver for the DVD/CD and won't continue without my supplying one. I would have guessed that a suitable one was on the Vista DVD or the CD that came with the drive. However,...
May 25th 07 03:31 AM
by Hustling Hare Go to last post
0 209
Progam install with dual boot by Ron Carr
I am dual booting Vista and XP, on separate hard drives. When I install programs in Vista is there any reason why I cannot install the program right over my existing XP copy? Would save a lot of space... Ron
May 25th 07 02:50 AM
by Chad Harris Go to last post
8 204
office 2007 enterprise by chuco
i tried installing office 2007 enterprise on my computer that has vista home basic running. i keep getting this error that says something like cant find file "en.us/outlook". bran new sata II hard drive. any suggestions will be greatly appreciated
May 25th 07 02:09 AM
by Carey Frisch [MVP] Go to last post
1 183
"Show window preview" greyed-out in Taskbar appearance menu by GB in Plano
Somehow, the ability to show window preview in the taskbar disappeared. When I go to the "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties", the option for "Show Menu Preview" is unchecked and greyed-out. Aero menus are operating correctly. Any ideas how to turn on the "Show window preview"?
May 25th 07 01:41 AM
by GB in Plano Go to last post
3 234
Flash Forms in IE7 and VISTA by John Harris
We have an online system developed that makes use of Flash Form through a web browser. Up until now there have been no issues, but I have changed to VISTA OS and IE7. Now when entering data into the form I am getting keystroke errors, where the keys are not recognized and skips over them. So for example I type "Client is homebound" I look up and see "Clt ishm bnd". Only is happening on my system....
May 25th 07 12:06 AM
by John Harris Go to last post

From The