Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Windows Authentication Module not available in Home Vista Premium? by Brett
I am running Vista Home Premium and am attempting to set my machine up to do some IIS 7.0 development using Visual Studio 2005. Ive followed the steps outlined in the following article: http://mvolo.com/blogs/serverside/archive/2006/12/28/Fix-problems-with-Visual-Studio-F5-debugging-of-ASP.NET-applications-on-IIS7-Vista.aspx Ive also applied a hotfix that enables debugging without requiring...
April 13th 08 12:35 PM
by Brett Go to last post
0 242
Vista constantly crashing at end of installation by romancommander
Hi all, I've been trying to install vista ultimate 32bit on a semi-old HP media centre with a Pentium D and system specs that I believe would easily run vista. I have gotten to the end of the installation I think (just after it says 'Preparing your desktop and shutting down') and then it constantly restarts itself without loading vista at all. I formatted my hard drive when I was installing...
April 13th 08 02:35 PM
by philo Go to last post
3 207
64-bit Vi$ta SP1 by Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k)
1. Does it include KB 929777 (3G RAM installation issue), 931770 and 937287? 2. Any M$ tool to slip-stream it into my old Vi$ta Ultimate x64 DVD? -- @~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY. / v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and Farce be with you! /( _ )\ (Xubuntu 7.10) Linux 2.6.24.4 ^ ^ 19:41:01 up 11 days 52 min 1 user load average: 1.16 1.11 1.06
April 14th 08 02:16 AM
by Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k) Go to last post
3 191
Problems booting up Vista after partitioning by Matt Orr
Hi- I recently purchased a new laptop with Vista preinstalled, and am now having problems booting it up. After the screen with the loading bar, the monitor shows a black screen with the cursor. This problem all started when I was partitioning the HDD; my laptop shut down before the process was finished and I have been unable to boot from the HDD since. The repair options have been used to no...
April 14th 08 03:15 AM
by Timothy Daniels[_5_] Go to last post
3 179
VISTA INSTALL CRASHES, XP is cool by kaswesey[_6_]
kaswesey 04-09-2008 03:17 PM *I thought this issue deserved a new thread after much agony! Please read below from previous thread "backup of non-boot drive". The backup has been performed, now the issue is no boot with a Vista install, yet successful boot with XP Pro. And the hardware is Intel Vista certified! Please help!!! Thread starts:
April 14th 08 09:26 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
1 170
April 14th 08 12:30 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 139
Visat Media Centre no tuner driver by Aussie 56
Hi All, I recently upgraded from XP media centre to Vista Premium, when trying to tune in TV for media centre it could not locate any tuner hardware? I know I have WINtv 88x tuner installed but maybe Vista does not have a compatible driver ? Please can someone advise what I can do Thanks in advance:confused: -- Aussie 56
April 14th 08 12:31 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 159
Vista display issue by Edok
Happy Friday everyone, I am running Vista Enterprise 32-bit with Sp1 applied to it. The problem I am about to describe was with me brfore I applied Sp1. There are several dialog windows that have data within them that I cannot see. IE: If I go to the "DPI Scaling" dialog, the window has a partial button visiable in the lower right corner.
April 14th 08 12:58 PM
by scrooge[_59_] Go to last post
3 228
Vista HAL.dll credssp.dll and User Profile Errors by mlh8141
I'm really starting to dislike Vista! Last week everything worked fine. I turned on my laptop (Gateway) over the weekend and ran McAfee virus scan and powered back down. This morning I'm booting up and get: 1. C0000139 entry point not found. ntoskrnl.exiacquirefastmuteex not located in HAL.dll. I restarted and got by this but... 2. After entering my signon credientials: credssp.dll not...
April 14th 08 03:13 PM
by mlh8141 Go to last post
1 146
backup of non-boot drive by kaswesey
New to the forum, thank for having me. I have a Vista Home Premium system that will not start. It gets as far as the system bootup progress bar, tries to start then suddenly the system shuts down. I have tried every possible recovery/repair technique I could find and still no luck. The system is using a Intel motherboard with Matrix Storage RAID which I have configured as RAID 1. In the repair...
April 14th 08 05:49 PM
by kaswesey[_7_] Go to last post
8 261
SP1 by jake7363
Hello, I successfully downloaded SP1 without a glitch. However, when I attempted to install it, it showed the EULA, and the "Next" button never enabled. I Restarted the system twice, and downloaded the file three separate times with the same result. What am I missing??? Thanks in advance.
April 14th 08 06:16 PM
by John Barnett MVP[_3_] Go to last post
2 349
UAC should have been a Business class feature, not for Home Users by JD Wohlever
I hate to say so MS, but your average joe, the person you are making UAC for, is going to do exactly what they are doing, that is turning UAC off. Example, my mother is your basic Internet User. She just graduated from AOL to a normal broadband connection after me telling her for years how much better broadband would be for her. She bought a PC that had Vista Home Premium on it. Suddenly...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 14th 08 06:28 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
106 1,481
Bootable Vista DVD by Young Baird
Hi, As you can see im a newbie. So heres my first question...I got vista given to me *_Leagly_* by a friend and have bought a serial. I want to make a copy of the disc incase the other one gets damaged. I just copied the files of the disc from the oringal disc from my dvd drive to another DVD-RW disc in another DVD-RW Drive. All the files are on there and when i run setup from an OS (like XP...
April 14th 08 07:24 PM
by Young Baird[_4_] Go to last post
6 246
Difficulty in changin frm IDE to AHCI mode? by raja1234
actually i installed XP in IDE mode and i wasnt able to change the mode latr...so I formatted it and installed Vista ultimate *64 ..now i'm runnin vista ulti in IDE mode...PLZ help me out in shiftin to AHCI mode.....explain briefly plz -- raja1234
April 14th 08 08:20 PM
by raja1234 Go to last post
0 163
Bootable Vista Evaluation by Nick
I have downloaded Vista for evaluation via my Technet subscription and have been testing the WAIK. However, I am unable to test the unattended .xml file with bootable media as the image is not bootable via DVD. Is there anyway I can make the media bootable so that I can test this feature ? Thanks
April 14th 08 08:25 PM
by AJR Go to last post
1 138
Need Help Badly by Ralphw[_2_]
New to the forum and somewhat new to Vista. By way of some background, I've been building my own systems since Win 3.1 and 20 Meg hard drives so I have some experience. Here's the issue... I've been trying to install Vista Home Premium (clean install from Upgrade media) on my primary desktop for over a week with major issues. Most appear to be driver related on an nVidia board using nForce...
April 14th 08 10:20 PM
by philo Go to last post
5 322
English is not listed as a European language, why not? by Bass
There are also various spelling mistakes (e.g. "center" for centre, "color" for colour) in the user interfaces. This appears to be a fault also in MS Office, which claims to take its UI language from the Windows locale but in the case of English this doesn't work. The interface language appears to be American. Using Windows Vista Home Premium
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 14th 08 10:51 PM
by Justin Go to last post
14 253
80070008, WindowsUpdate_dt000 by headstrongpunk101
80070008, WindowsUpdate_dt000. Thats the error im getting when i try to install service pack 1. I have enough memory and all the requierments. I tried troubleshooting the error with their service page. I am getting an error when i try to install my webcam "not enough storage to install this device" and i think the problam has to do with the same prob im getting from trying to install sp1....
April 14th 08 11:13 PM
by headstrongpunk101 Go to last post
2 178
Install Vista 64 without a Dvd drive by swaneon
*Is it possible to install vista without a dvd drive? My drive is not working right now. I know you can partition 32 version but Right now I am encountering a problem with the 64 bit version. I do have a laptop with a dvd drive but it has xp on it.* -- swaneon
April 15th 08 06:00 AM
by swaneon[_2_] Go to last post
2 150
SP1 not offered in Windows Update by Dave Sexton[_2_]
Hi everyone, I have Creative Audigy 2, which according to a KB article, prevents Windows Vista SP1 from being offered in Windows Update. I read somewhere (I think it was a user comment on the Windows Vista Team Blog) that the only problem with the blacklisted drivers is that they effect SP1 setup, so temporarily disabling or uninstalling them will allow users to install SP1. Reinstalling...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 15th 08 03:45 PM
by Dave Sexton Go to last post

From The