Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
reinstall Vista on a new Motherboard ??? by pedmag2
I have Vista Ultima but my Motherboard was burn from electric problem I going to install a new Motherboard, my hard drive and the other cards are OK they was check and tested , Is any way that I can do this and don't have to reformat the Hard Drive ?????? The new Motherboard is diferent then the old one, because I can no found the same MotherBoard, The CPU is OK and I can use for the new...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 23rd 08 09:47 AM
by Grey[_3_] Go to last post
13 759
Sysprep Image and automating Computer Name by Gareth Jefferies
Hi, We would like to deploy a sysprep'd Vista x64 image and we would like the computer name automatically set, based on the asset number in the BIOS. Does anyone know how to do this? I have used a tool called WSName for Windows XP, using the WMI SMBIOSAssetTag info, but this doesn't work in Vista.
April 23rd 08 09:49 AM
by Grey[_3_] Go to last post
2 247
Motherboard Replacement by tommy2
Hi, need a little help here. I am runing a Vista Home Basic OEM Upgrade and the motherboard went. Replace the board with a new one - but couldn't find the old exact board (939 amd). I've tried the repair function booting from my Vista disk but no change (as I figured). So, Do I need to reformat the drive then load? Will my OEM Upgrade still work once I have a clean drive? Since it may...
April 23rd 08 09:50 AM
by Grey[_3_] Go to last post
3 204
Problem with my laptop keyboard by adamsey
Hi just got me a new toshiba satelite L40-14y in Sweden and installed it in English. The problem is that there is a mixed up somewhere. Some of the characters have change places and its kinda irritating. You dont alway get what you type. What can I do about that?
April 23rd 08 11:40 AM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 214
BSOD various error numbers by Maxine
can someone please help i have rebuilt my computer a number of times but after 24 hours i get a BSOD these have various numbers, i have gradually left out hardware but still get it. Where do i send the mini dump information to get analysed, i have tried to navigate the vista site with out much success. i am running vista ultimate. thank you in advance for your help
April 23rd 08 01:16 PM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_3_] Go to last post
4 207
16 BIT WINDOWS SUBSYSTEM ERROR MESSAGE by Jessica
I am trying to install a cd to be used for an online course that I am taking this semester. However the following message is displayed everYime I try to run and install the cd. 16 BIT WINDOWS SUBSYSTEM C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'close' to terminate the application. How can I fix this? I have an...
April 23rd 08 02:40 PM
by JW Go to last post
4 172
Realtek 1.91 now available. by peter c.a.hawkins
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false
April 23rd 08 06:11 PM
by peter c.a.hawkins Go to last post
0 178
Can't upgrade from Business to Ultimate by M Skabialka
A couple of months ago I assembled a new PC and put Windows Vsta Business on it. I started adding other applications and moving my files then was given a copy of Vista Ultimate. I tried to do an upgrade from Business to Ultimate but after about 10 minutes received a very generic message basically saying that the upgrade couldn't continue for no particular reason and when I hit OK it undid...
April 23rd 08 06:46 PM
by M Skabialka Go to last post
7 259
dual boot by Howie[_2_]
How can I setup a dual boot on my HP? I have installed Vista and have XP that I like better. Now sorry I changed!
April 23rd 08 07:45 PM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
3 272
Vista Ultimate Upgrade Fails - Freeze at Completing Upgrade(Install) by The Primate
First time on upgrade everything went well until the end, then "Windows could not configure one or more system components. To install Windows, restart the computer and then restart the installation." Subsequent times after this froze on "Installing update", mouse was frozen. Running windows vista advisor 1.0 tells me my Nvidia 8800 GT will not work with Vista. Now thats pretty strange, it...
April 23rd 08 11:56 PM
by RT Go to last post
2 265
Vista Home premium Memory Dump. by Aviral
Hello, My system is not booting and giving an error of memory dump at boot screen. I wan't to reinstall vista home premium but I don't have an Installation disc as it was a pre-installed OS. Could anyone guide me from where I can get a windows Vista Home Premium Installer, so that I can use my OEM PRODUCT KEY and reinstall it?
April 24th 08 01:24 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
2 260
windows live toolbar install by raczer
cannot install the windows live toolbar because i am being told that i have log on as the administrator. I am logged on as the administrator. any help -- rick
April 24th 08 02:42 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 198
installation failure by John
Hope i am in the right group. Using Vista Home Premium OEM new, three months old. Installed SP1, installer showed three phases complete 100%. Then a notice appeared saying Service Pack not installed reverting. No explanation. There were seven entries in my Problem file relating to the installation. Four of them look the same problem Problemwcp File--base\wcp\cmiadapter\installer.cpp
April 24th 08 03:17 AM
by John[_22_] Go to last post
1 214
My Vista does not have welcome page shown up during booting by yorkmak
is it a problem? Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums
April 24th 08 06:48 AM
by Gary Mount Go to last post
2 207
windows vista anytime upgrade by Dave
purchased ultimate upgrade disk that came as sp1, but sp1 has not downloaded thru windows update and disk will not install as upgrade. I do not want to lose all data with clean install. -- dc26
April 24th 08 10:42 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 192
Remove evaluation version by Proboscis
A long time ago I installed an evaluation version of Windows Vista on the second partition of my pc, next to my installation of Windows XP (dual boot partition C and L). The evaluation period has long since expired and I am no longer using Vista. However, all the files are still present on my second partition, and every time I start my pc, the boot menu will come up. What do I need to do to...
April 24th 08 03:01 PM
by Nepatsfan Go to last post
6 221
Restore causes new Vista reinstall to require validation by Arne
Following problems with Windows Update and SP1, I reinstalled Vista Home Premium and used a Digital Locker license to upgrade to Ultimate. After a drive image backup of the new and validated install, Retrospect 7.5 was used to restore the C drive in hopes of maintaining the base of installed programs. On rebooting, windows validation was required, but the Home Premium key was not accepted....
April 24th 08 03:36 PM
by Arne Go to last post
0 205
Windows Vista 64 Ultimate SP update by Rob I
I need to update my Windows Vista 64bit Ultimate and I know they are working on adding it to the automatic updates but I can not wait as I need to add in memory and it will not see anything over 2gb with out SP1. I went to Microsoft's website and found this but not sure this is correct so I wanted to make 100% sure this is the correct update for me and my software as there are several...
April 24th 08 10:08 PM
by HighNoon Go to last post
5 207
Vista Home Pre Install new drive no OS error by John Carpenter
Installing (trying) Windows Vista Home Premium (32bit OEM full ver.) on a new single drive installed in an existing working system. Insert disk and cold boot up. I see the DVD drive working and on screen I'm seeing the windows installation files installing. After that I get the enter key (which I do) and then we go to a screen that shows type of install (only custom clean install with no OS is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 24th 08 11:31 PM
by mrhubof[_3_] Go to last post
12 276
How to get network icon in system tray? by churin
I have just reinstalled(clean install) Vista(Ultimate) and noticed that there is no network icon in the system tray. How can I get it back?
April 25th 08 03:38 AM
by churin Go to last post

From The